PDA

View Full Version : Yamoto

smr
02-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm thinking of buying one of these for my little girl...does anybody know anything about them?

shutupnshift04
02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
yes i do and dont u dare get on of those pos's they will break in more ways then u can imagine. my lil brother had one of them and i never had so many problems with a quad in my life the guy talked my dad into buying one without asking me abotu them and my brother blew the tranny the first week and he knows how 2 shift jsut as good as anyone it wasnt his fault the gears just broke. then the footpegs broke then the headlight then the frame cracked in half. no not a weld break..... frame cracked into 2 seperate peices.POS trust me u may save a lil bit of money buying a knock off but it will cost usooo0o0o much more 2 keep it runing. o yea and the first engine seized because whoever assembled the engine f@&$ed up because the top end wasnt gettin any oil so we had 2 buy a new one they wouldnt even void the lil warentee :mad: trust me dont get it im looking out for u

spliffy
02-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I disagree with above, I sell them & they have been good quads, they aren't a Honda or Suzuki, but some people can't afford $2000 for a atv there kid will outgrow in a couple years, I say buy one of these cheaper quads for them to learn on & in the mean time save up for a name brand atv for when they get bigger & more experienced. I have sold over 500 Redcat & Yamoto ATVS over the last 6 months all over the country & have had very few problems with them, most people are very happy with them. They are not racers, they are inexpensive atvs to get your whole family into the sport & it doesn't hurt to save some money while doing it. I won't lie, there has been some problems, but my guess is that any dealer that sells 500 Hondas or suzukis & guess what...they have a couple hiccups also. Everybody is due to their own opinion, I am just telling you that I am one of the largest dealers on these & over all they have been very good machines. I also sell alot of machines by referral....that has to mean something too. Just my 2 cents.

shutupnshift04
02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
ok then y did my brothers quad have so many problems there is absolutly no reason for a quad to have that many problems? and i know of one other person who has a yamoto and it is also breaking on her. she has had 3 things break on hers that i know of since christmas and she is a little girl(11). and no offense to anyone but one thing i have learned is that you should listen to people who ride the products and who arent sponsored by them or trieng to sell them because they will give you honest opinions becasue they dotn ride for them or making any money off of sellnig them. and howcome they didnt back up the warentee? im not saying you are a liar or anything that is just what i have learned. lsiten 2 peopel who have had experiance with the product and not trien 2 sell u the product over a dealer

spliffy
02-04-2005, 01:27 PM
The warranty should have covered about anything, it is only a parts warranty, so labor is not included, but I have even payed for that before depending on what the problem is, they should have sent the parts to her, unless she had a crappy dealer. I myself take care of my customers, this is my business & if I fail at helping customers anyway that I can, my business fails. I am not saying they are superior to the major brands, they are cheaper thats all. It sounds like she got a lemon & if it was boughten from me I would have shipped her a new ATV.

shutupnshift04
02-05-2005, 04:38 PM
yea it sounds to me liek you stand behind your products and i respect that i really do but the guy who my bro bought it off of wouldnt warantee anything and i dunno maybe it was just a lemon who knows but i jsut cant see that many problems with a atv its nto liek i jsut had a lemon of a motor it was the whole bike o yea the chain did snap but my dealer did replace that... from my experiance the bike wasnt worth the trouble but hey thats jsut my 2 cents

spliffy
02-08-2005, 08:07 AM
ya...you have to be careful of some dealers..some say they are dealers & all they are is someone who got a "dealer pack" that some dealers sell & give them a great discount on 5 or more machines...but they are not a dealer & can't get warranty parts or help for you if you get a bad machine or need parts. Are you still having problems with the machine? If so when did you buy it & I might be able to help you get parts under warranty if you need them. email me if you do need help & I will see what I can do for you.

shutupnshift04
02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
no we no longer have that machine my brother moved up to a bigger quad casue he wanted to race so we are buildign him a custom 90 right now but i apreciate teh offer :D

Bucked
02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I recently took my kids and a few of their friends for a camp-out weekend ride. Our 2 days of riding resulted in a few trail repairs for some of the bikes. My sons TRX-90 had the after market muffler fall off. It seems I didn't tighten the bolts properly. We had a YZ-85 that kept fouling plugs, but the most anoying thing was that the cheap Chinese ride literally fell apart on the trails. At one point, I headed back to camp and returned with a fist full of zip-ties and duct tape to try and hold the junkster together. This thing was such a piece of junk, I couldn't believe it. You get what you pay for!

spliffy
02-15-2005, 09:27 AM
:rolleyes: well..... that wouldn't have happened if you tightened all the bolts up when you got it. I would even do that on a Honda or any name brand...it doesn't hurt to check the bolts once in a while especially after just getting it....any assembly line can & will miss bolts..I suggest anyone who is riding a ATV to check there nutz haha.

Birddogg
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Don't bring Honda's good name into this. You buy a Honda because you know what the company stands for. Quality. Excellent resale value, and stone reliability just go along with it. I've been riding them since I was 11 and in 20 years I can't say that I've ever had a breakdown that I didn't have have coming to me due to lack of basic maintenance or extremely excessive abuse. A pre-trip on one of my bikes goes as follows, check chain slack, oil level, and fuel. I'm not worried about anything falling off or whether or not I'm gonna make it home. I'll pay extra for that anytime. I see a kid go by my house every Sunday on a bone stock 86' TRX125 thats never had more than routine maintenance, a new air filter and a pair of Buckshots on the rear. Sure it smokes and the starter motor is shot, but it fires right up and purrs like a kitten. Where do you think you'll find a Yamoto after 20 years? This is all just my opinion...

spliffy
02-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Opinions are good....everyone should have them... I am a die hard Honad rider & ride a 86 250R that I key word here... MAINTAIN....thats all I am saying...as far as where Yamoto will be in 20 years...I am guessing in the same class as the bigger brand names... I don't know if you are old enough to remember but when Japan started importing machines over here...they had there fair share of problems also...chinese imports I would expect the same & it will get better just like the japanese imports.... Yamoto is owned by Patriot Motorcyce now..they are the only importer... I bought there stock when it was a IPO at $.23 each share..it is now over $5.00 a share in just 7 months...there ticker is PMCY check it out, I'm guessing they will be around if that has anything to say about it. On the same note, we just dropped Yamoto only because they wanted us to only sell Yamoto brand products...& we won't do that, we have just picked up Unison & they are some very well put together Japanese built atvs..50cc & 90cc 2 strokes...they are very nice, I was just cruising around on them last night & they are 10 times the machine that Yamoto is....right now anyways. I'm not saying Yamoto won't just go away...but in my opinion, they won't because of price...its insane to pay more than $2000 for a atv that your KID (key word) will outgrow in a year or 2, we sell to people that understand that..we sell over 200 atvs a month on a average & I would say 95% of the customers would recomend them to others...I would guess a major brand name is closer 99% or higher...so there is work to be done, but overall if I can make 95 people out of 100 happy with their $1000 atv....thats good. :D

smr
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Ten times the machine as Yamoto.......does it cost ten times as much?

Sounds like you go with the brand you are selling.

spliffy
02-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Like I said I don't sell Yamoto anymore, but I would still if it wasnt for politics with them. We just picked up new mfg, they are called Unison, they are made in Taiwan Japan & they are super sweet machines, very plush suspension, mikuni carbs oil injected 2 strokes... check em out at my site.

clutt225
02-20-2005, 01:25 PM
There not intended to be race bikes. But for a starter bike not to bad. I guess you get what you pay for. The shifter is not what it should be for a kid but the bike is ruged as hell. Some friends and I were jumpin and wheelein all over. It took it like a champ.
By the way I wiegh in at a slim 220lb. A blaster can barley take that. Not to say it could take that for years but there a great bike in my opinion. The kid loves it to!

clutt225
02-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Spliffy thanks for the help

spliffy
02-20-2005, 02:40 PM
No problem, hope that fixes it.

SMR, no they aren't 10 times the cost. Of course I go with the brands I am selling...I wouldn't sell things I don't believe in, but I am a Honda man when it comes down to it...I just can't get Honda to let me sell machines on the net or I would sell them too heh :p

Vixen
05-03-2005, 09:20 AM
this is why we bought a yamaha. we didnt want it to fall apart on us

aviator4
05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Thought I would throw my $.02 in here. I own three Kazuma's - they are the exact same thing as the Yamotos. I have 2 '05's and one '04. they are all 110's. And no, I am not affiliated with Kazuma or any company that sells them, I am just a consumer.

As far as punishment.... I don't think anything punishes a quad quite like sand. We've taken our three out on the sand and beat the fire out of them and STILL haven't had any problems. There were a few adjustments that needed to be done (like the chain) but other than that, they just kept on going. They don't have a lot of power and the clutch isn't very agressive, but thats just about right for little kids (8, 11 and 12) that are starting out riding.

We haven't had problems with anything and trust me, I've checked them thoroughly (my kids live's could be at stake out there). Of course, like mentioned, I did a "nut and bolt" on them before we went out and yes, there were a number of loose bolts, which was to be expected ( found them on my 400ex when I first bought it as well)

So, we've ridden the crap out of these little quads, and they just keep on going. We've even put paddle tires on them. They aren't the fastest little things, but they get my kids around just fine. They would even climb the small dunes okay (with the paddles).

I have nothing bad to say about them. Now, the company I bought them from is a different story. If I wasn't such a gear head, I may not have bought them. But since I am mechanically inclined, I took the chance. Luckily, I haven't had to do anything to them.

I wouldn't put them in the same class as Yamaha, Honda or even Polaris, but they do just fine for us for now. Eventually, everyone will have a Honda to ride, but for the price, these little imports are perfect! I don't regret the decision to ride them at all!

I have lots of pics I can post if anyone is interested in seeing them in action on the dunes. I even have a couple of movies.

scottso
05-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey aviator4 - what do you mean "even Polaris". I take that personally!
:D :D

aviator4
05-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Sorry, scottso, I'm no a big polaris fan. but thats just me.

scottso
05-23-2005, 01:45 PM
To each his own. I only know it has been good to me. ;)

Bound4Dirt
12-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by spliffy
I disagree with above, I sell them & they have been good quads, they aren't a Honda or Suzuki, but some people can't afford $2000 for a atv there kid will outgrow in a couple years, I say buy one of these cheaper quads for them to learn on & in the mean time save up for a name brand atv for when they get bigger & more experienced. I have sold over 500 Redcat & Yamoto ATVS over the last 6 months all over the country & have had very few problems with them, most people are very happy with them. They are not racers, they are inexpensive atvs to get your whole family into the sport & it doesn't hurt to save some money while doing it. I won't lie, there has been some problems, but my guess is that any dealer that sells 500 Hondas or suzukis & guess what...they have a couple hiccups also. Everybody is due to their own opinion, I am just telling you that I am one of the largest dealers on these & over all they have been very good machines. I also sell alot of machines by referral....that has to mean something too. Just my 2 cents.

I don't sell this brand, but the "Scout" brand. None are like Honda, Yamaha, etc. They are a great starter bike. When you get a bike from China, they have NO NAME only the name that the USA dealer gives them. Buy enough and China will brand your name on it =).
I also get referral too. It's all how the dealer puts them together. We use lock-tight, we test drive ALL quads before sold. We go through the carb and adjust if needed. Blah,blah.
Some dealer just build and sell to get the $$$ this puts a bad name out. This is why we branded our name on them =)