PDA

View Full Version : Removing warning plates?

Ty's400
02-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I was wondering what are some tips or tricks on getting those ugly looking warning plates off? Would it work to drill a little hole through that rivet? What's the best and nicest looking way to get rid of them? Thanks

nosliw
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
search

ZSK
02-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm all for people using the search button, but in the time it took to type search, you could have said to just drill the rivets out and replace with aluminum diamond plate or Stainless deletes.

sredish
02-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
I'm all for people using the search button, but in the time it took to type search, you could have said to just drill the rivets out and replace with aluminum diamond plate or Stainless deletes.

Don't do it!

you might forget to be over 16 and to use premium fuel and maybe you'll put another rider on it.... way too dangerous...:D

ZSK
02-02-2005, 09:14 PM
So should I drill holes into my Laker fronts and mount the labels?:huh

nosliw
02-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ZSK

there's a wealth of knowledge on these boards and learning to use the search function can get you pictures, demonstrations, and other ideas on what to do with the warning labels.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

DEAL
02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
To be honest I think I have broken every rule on that warning label.

aviator4
02-05-2005, 12:31 PM
There are warning labels??? wow... I've never bothered to look. I just assumed they said "go fast, ride hard, don't break it" and the "16" in the slashed out circle meant "Speeds below this are too boring for this machine"

:devil:

To read them, there's no safe place, speed or way to ride the machine. LOL.. freakin' politically correct, sue-fearin', beurocratic livin', panzies! :cuss:

The should replace them all with a plate that says "If you're having fun on this machine, you're riding it wrong. Please get off and walk home."

LOL

Dr89
02-05-2005, 02:22 PM
search

i use the search button ALL the time, but in all fairness how do u think that "wealth of knowledge" came about, and continues to grow?

bulkdriverlp
02-05-2005, 02:48 PM
there are people out there who still NEED the warning labels in place, no doubt

nosliw
02-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Dr89
i use the search button ALL the time, but in all fairness how do u think that "wealth of knowledge" came about, and continues to grow?

by asking questions that havent already been addressed :rolleyes:

reconmaster
02-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
To be honest I think I have broken every rule on that warning label.

Haha you got that right Andrew

YFZ450Ridr
02-06-2005, 11:24 AM
i just used a pair of needle nose plyers and i squeezed the back of the rivet so it was small enough to fit threw the little hole. then i pulled and they were off. took about 5 minutes.

zlam27
02-10-2005, 09:11 AM
just drill em out. and dont bother buying some polished inserts to rivet on in place. i dont know why people would take off the warning plates, only to replace them with an odd piece of shiny aluminum. i bought my 400ex and they were already gone, i think it looks just fine. i put my WI registration stickers in the recesses left by the front plates.

400exrider707
02-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by zlam27
just drill em out. and dont bother buying some polished inserts to rivet on in place. i dont know why people would take off the warning plates, only to replace them with an odd piece of shiny aluminum. i bought my 400ex and they were already gone, i think it looks just fine. i put my WI registration stickers in the recesses left by the front plates.

Yeah those metal plates and diamond plates and whatever else they come up with to put there are so cheap and crappy looking...........JMO

Vince44
02-17-2005, 06:23 PM
just put a DG stiker on the rear fender label