PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Oil Filters

Mikesamillion
02-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I tried doing a few searches but the search engine on this site could use some work.

Anyway to the question part. Anyone here use Scotts' brand oil filters?

EDIT: Here is their website if you dont have any idea what im talking about. http://www.scottsperformance.com/indexmain.html

crazyatvn
02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
I do I like it I find my self changing oil more beacause I don't have the excuse that I don't have a filter. Will save you money in the long run. I noticed some other filters like the scotts are cheaper but I don't know if they are any better.

Mikesamillion
02-02-2005, 09:41 PM
im not really worried about the price of them because of the fact that after 10 or so oil changes it will be paying for itself. by any chance do you have a pic of it? or is it just like the OEM filter besides being metal.

crazyatvn
02-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Sorry I have no pics but I can get one for the week end My motor is apart and I am putting a 440 stroker motor in it. So the filter is out. If you want I can try to get to my dad's house this week end and snap a dig. pic for you.:macho

Mikesamillion
02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
hey that would be great if you can. if not dont sweat it.

JR3
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
How do u clean them? I jave been using k and n gold oil filters.

Mikesamillion
02-03-2005, 07:13 PM
straight from the website....

Cleanable and reusable:
Simply remove the filter, rinse in clean solvent and replace it, you're done. The filter can be cleaned with solvent, kerosene, aerosol carburetor cleaner, or any other degreasing agent, even common dish soap. You can even blow air through the filter from the inside out to remove any small particles or cleaning agent from the screen if you so desire.

crazyatvn
02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
i use carb cleaner.