PDA

View Full Version : trx 90 mods,help

bloodhound400
02-02-2005, 07:35 PM
my son has a 02 trx 90 we wanted to hop it up a little so i got him a big gun race series full exhaust,but it wasnt really that big of
a difference from stock,it actually lost a bit on the bottom end.
does anyone no any other mods i can do that isnt to expensive?

ROBBSRACING
02-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I have a few inexpensive mods for the TRX 90

shogun_98
02-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Give Hetrick racing a call they are great with minis

bloodhound400
02-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ROBBSRACING
I have a few inexpensive mods for the TRX 90

how do find out about these

bloodhound400
02-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by shogun_98
Give Hetrick racing a call they are great with minis 814-676-0477

he. thanks alot for the info!

AtvMxRider
02-04-2005, 04:34 PM
have changed the filter? remove the airbox lid and jet the carb and it should do pretty good.

02-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ROBBSRACING
I have a few inexpensive mods for the TRX 90 what do u have?

Pappy
02-04-2005, 09:47 PM
cdi box, cut the pink wire, add an exhaust, install a 11:1 piston and cam it. add some suspension and a good rider and the TRX90 will hang it out:macho

bloodhound400
02-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
cdi box, cut the pink wire, add an exhaust, install a 11:1 piston and cam it. add some suspension and a good rider and the TRX90 will hang it out:macho

sorry for so many ? i already added the exhaust, so what will cutting the pink wire do? thanks for all the info

Pappy
02-05-2005, 11:53 AM
the pink wire is a top speed limiter

monster7041
02-06-2005, 06:22 AM
If I remember right, pink wire on CDI only restricts in 4th gear so keep that in mind when working with the bike.

You can also give the guys at ICRacing in Warrior AL a call. They have been specifically dealing with TRX-90's for quite some time now.

Arctic Cat Dad
02-06-2005, 07:11 AM
I will agree with Pappy. I don't know what all Pappy and my buddy put into their 90's but they will fly.They both finished 3rd and 5th in the GNCC Ironman National. And they both were about dead last off the line. Had trouble with the pull starts, didn't fire on the first pull. But these 2 trx 90's will flat out fly. When they go by you one can feel the true 4 stroke power roar!

dirtmomma
02-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Oh man the kids have to do dead engine starts too????? That would SUCK on a 90, heck even I have trouble pulling it LOL ;) we JUST got our 90 back up & going after sitting for about a year & half:o just been too busy w/ the other quads. We just put new bearings in the carrier, tires on the rear, & actually PUT BACK TOGETHER LOL, all the plastics & everything were tore off of it for a good cleaning & what not!! We are going to put our lil guy on it @ the sand dunes in a couple weeks, we're hoping he'll get the hang of it so he can ride that on the trails & save the LEM50 for flattrack racing...................well after we pump it up some :devil: :devil:

Hye ROBBSRACING how bout sponsoring a 6 yr old flattrack out west here ;);) :D on a LEM condor or LT80 or TRX90

Johnny & Monica
02-06-2005, 08:14 AM
We didn't have any luck with the 90's at the sand. We spent the whole time trying to pull them out. The back end kept getting buried in the sand and we'd have to dig them out. That's where our kids learned to ride the big bikes with a clutch. It was a lot more fun for all of us. Maybe with sand tires it won't be so bad.

I second the call to ICRACING.:D

bloodhound400
02-06-2005, 08:14 AM
:D Thanks alot fellas for all the info, you guys are awesome!!

BLOODHOUND400

dirtmomma
02-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
We didn't have any luck with the 90's at the sand. We spent the whole time trying to pull them out. The back end kept getting buried in the sand and we'd have to dig them out. That's where our kids learned to ride the big bikes with a clutch. It was a lot more fun for all of us. Maybe with sand tires it won't be so bad.

I second the call to ICRACING.:D

WEll the last time we took it to the sand all we did was run the stocker tires FLAT w/ DJ on it he was about 9 or 10 @ the time. It didn't do too bad, in fact he even got it up some good size hills!! Our lil man only wieghs in @ about 45lbs so he should have better luck, as for paddles they are on our LT80 rims :( we might be taking that also too for him to try both out.

Arctic Cat Dad
02-06-2005, 09:59 AM
The 3 companys that were talked about here are all awesome companys. Hetrickracing.com, Robbsracing,and icracing. They all know how to build awesome quads. There records in the mini quad racing scene shows how good they are. But I myself have to go with Hetrickracing because they support my son in racing. I know that the products I put on my sons mini have made it 1 sick mini.:devil:

AtvMxRider
02-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I plan on buying my parts from Hetricks but what does everybody think of Miniatvs.com?

hr15
02-07-2005, 02:18 PM
dead engine start for kids and pull ropes?

monster7041
02-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey guys.... as for the pull start on the TRX. I've got two of em which were both built by ICRacing from the motor up. We don't ride XC (MX locally) but my eight year old can start his as long as the motor is warm. It takes a little effort for him (two hands and hanging on tight), of course, but for the most part he can get it within 2-3 pulls. My 11 year old can get his running w/in 2 pulls just about every time, hot or cold.

mcvay20
02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
If Robbsracing or Icracing are to busy give Hetrick Racing a call.I work with Rich building trx90 race motors and mods.My son raced the GNC nationals on a trx90 and I do all the motor work and mods on his quad.I have a machine shop to do any custom work that might need done.If I can be of any help let me know.

Charlie McVay
Mcvay Racing

monster7041
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey, Mr. McVay, I'm confused. I thought icracing had built your motor or was behind you last year or whatever. I kept up with your son on the 90 as my boy had one too and I was kinda debating at the time whether to hop it up or get something else. By the way, I've never seen your son ride but hear he is awesome and very fast!!!!!!

mcvay20
02-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Hey Monster 7041 !

I don't want to burn any bridges, but just to clear the slate since you and other people have mentioned to me about Icracing building my motors, since the day my son started racing I've done all my own motor work.
I gave Icracing credit on the net cause they were going to give me a full sponsorship this year but that didn't work out and I decided since I'm so critical about doing everything right I might as well do my own thing or work with somebody who wants to work with me, thats why I'm working with Rich Hetrick.
As far as the nationals last year I ran all my own setup,nobody elses setup.I don't like to be put in this position but the cats out of the bag and I'm going to take credit where credits due.

Charlie McVay
McVay Racing

212racing
02-08-2005, 10:38 AM
how is it going charlie?
are you guys going to tx. for the nationals

thanks

keith

mcvay20
02-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey Keith !

How are you and Danny doing? Yes,we are going to the texas race and hope to see you guys.Let me know if your going and we'll look you guys up.

Charlie