PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Light Problem!!

416HiRoller
02-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Well last weekend I went out with a friend of mine and we ran into some knee deep mud that was like peanutbutter. I got stuck on the 416 of coarse. When I got pulled out it wouldn't start and I didn't know why. When I got back to my house after being pulled all the way home, I found the cable from the battery that goes to the bottom of the motor below the shifter, was dangling. I hooked it back up and the thing started right up. It was the neutral light cable! I took it back off and it wouldn't start and the connection on the motor was broken. Anybody know whether or not I can fix this or should I get a new hook-up/connection (don't know what it's really called) but the piece that is screwed into the side of the motor?

02-02-2005, 06:38 PM
im gonna say thats the wire that tells the electronics that the bike is in fact in neutral... if its not hooked up, the bike think its in gear, and wont start.. when you hook it up, it shows its in neutral, and starts..

There is a override to that.. just bridging the gap on the motor side will allow it to start in gear, with the clutch pulled in obviously.. and even without depending on how strong your battery is and how often you would like to replace starters lol

Jesse

6arett
02-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Just hold the clutch in....?

...And try starting it?

02-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by 6arett
Just hold the clutch in....?

...And try starting it?

cant if the neutral saftey switch isnt bypassed..

Jesse

416HiRoller
02-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Right, and I'm kinda new to the bike and don't know how to bypass the neutral switch do you know how? That way I don't have to go buy a new connection?

02-03-2005, 12:06 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125143&highlight=neutral+switch

that should tell ya how to do it

Jesse

416HiRoller
02-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks!