PDA

View Full Version : Tie rods after plus 2" a arms

jwick07
02-02-2005, 04:42 PM
I just finished installing Lone Star Racing plus 2" a arms on my 450R and was wondering if it is normal to bolt up the tie rods to the bottom of the spindel and not on top like they come. I just didn't feel that they had enough clearence mounted with the tie rod ball joint in the stock location so I just bolted them in from the bottom. I have not had the opportunity to ride yet due to this bad habbit called working to damn much. Just want fed back please on if will work ok on not.

Thanks

kazpr
02-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Heya Salina!! :) I dont know just saw you were from salina. You all have alot of riding spots up over there?

TBD
02-03-2005, 08:29 AM
By changing where the tie rod mounts you will severly change the charcteristics of the bumpsteer. By moving it under you will be changing the bumpsteer and making it worse then it is stock.

Thump_It
02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
The tie rods ball joint mounts "upside down" to the spindle. I'm pretty sure they come stock like that as well. If you do mount them to the top, yes clearence will be an issue. If you run stock front wheels your wheel will rub and groove the rim. Turning will also be a problem if you do mount them to the top. I know all this from experience ;) .