PDA

View Full Version : Lowered and Lifted trucks

Chanman420q
02-02-2005, 02:19 AM
No one take this as flaming and dont turn it into a flame fest, but why is it that when ever someone one says they lowered there truck, they start flaming on them? my s10 is gunna be lowered and i like that, ive also got a body kit on it. seems like everyone on this site is 110% against it and think its stupid. But thats what i like. Kind of like the kids who think there civics are 10 second cars. Not all people like that but its still there thing. Personally i dont see a reason for lifted trucks, unless u do a lot of offroading for work, or play. The ones people use as a dailey driver and dont really need it is what i think is pointless, but again i respect that because maybe thats the look you like, kind of like how i prefer the lowered look. But What im gettin at is why do most of you look down on trucks that are dropped? An im just lookin to see what peoples reasoning is for it. Not trying to start a flame thread. So please dont turn it into it.

I was planning on posting my truck but i didnt wanna be bashed lol. Maybe if you guys be a little more open, an you wanna see it ill get the pick up. :blah:

derekhonda
02-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Why do we look down on lowered trucks ? Because they are lower than us....duh :D

But in all reality, living in Indiana, going offroad often, working on a farm, pulling hay wagons, it really wouldnt make sense for me to lower mine would it?

Also, and this is opinion based, i think more people give props to a big dodge or a big ford or anything that towers over other cars, as opposed to a little truck or car that has a spoiler, a body kit, and they cut their springs and now their wheels bow out in the front.

That brings up another point. There really is only one way to lift a truck. You buy a kit, and you have someone install it who knows that they are doing, or else you fumble your way through it yourself with help of friends and people who are knowleageble.

How many times do you see the "highschool" kids gawking over someones 94 civic with an unoriginal soundsystem that is just 2 subs, a fart can muffler, and a cheaply done lowering kit? Way too often. Ithink thats why there is a superiority factor aswell. There is just more respect given to lifted trucks. It takes time and money to lift one up, it only takes a torch to bring one down.

represent618
02-02-2005, 05:44 AM
i`m with him. I`ve had lowered and I`ve had lifted, lowered rides suck, in my opinion. It is truly classy to see a Z71 or a F350 with a 6 inch Susp Lift, crisp and clean, on the other hand you look at a completaly useless low-rider that you cannot haul a bag of groceries in without scraping the ground, not cool. Then you take the female factor, they like big trucks, if they dont, they arent worth your time. It is simple to lower some tuna can crx, s-10, etc. It takes Cash, Patience, and some skill to lift a truck, the right way. Two totally different worlds, lifted and lowered. This is my opinion though also, not just facts.

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 05:55 AM
I like them both.......but, one word of advice I will give you is MAKE SURE you hold on to your factory suspension parts.

I lowered mine and loved it for 2-3 years, then got back into bikes/quads and hated it because it is completely impractical. I bottom out on bumps everytime I pull a trailer/haul my quad in the bed. And had to get rid of my 18" wheels and tires because I would get stuck in wet grass at the race tracks.

Its fun and cool to have something not everyone else has, but it ends up costing alot of money to put back to stock if you decide to and don't have the factory equipment anymore. Hence why I drive around with a 3"/4" drop kit shaved emblems/tailgate handle F-150 with stock 16" wheels..... :cuss:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p33bf79a649b576125da6ba9e567b0a1d/f541abdc.jpg

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by represent618
i`m with him. I`ve had lowered and I`ve had lifted, lowered rides suck, in my opinion. It is truly classy to see a Z71 or a F350 with a 6 inch Susp Lift, crisp and clean, on the other hand you look at a completaly useless low-rider that you cannot haul a bag of groceries in without scraping the ground, not cool. Then you take the female factor, they like big trucks, if they dont, they arent worth your time. It is simple to lower some tuna can crx, s-10, etc. It takes Cash, Patience, and some skill to lift a truck, the right way. Two totally different worlds, lifted and lowered. This is my opinion though also, not just facts.

to do anything right it cost money. you can lift a straight axle, leaf style 4x4 cheaper then anything, well except a torsion bar truck. you can pick up 2-3 or 4 inch blocks at autozone and add them, instant lift, less then a few hours. you can take a tourch and heat the springs of a car/truck and lower it, you can cheap out on either way. either way the ride can be bad, but i bet a proper airbagged truck will ride better then any lifted truck, and can support as much weight if not more. ive got two 2800lb bags on the rear of my nissan truck, it can support more weight then the frame and motor could handle, im also getting almost a foot of lift when inflated, which makes the truck look almost stock. also to lower an import right can be costly, the right shocks, springs, and alighnment and even the control arms.

as for female factor, i dont deal with shallow girls who just looks at your ride, those chicks need to be ignored. if you have a 2wd truck that dosent get taken off road, and you want to lower it, go ahead if you like it, its not hurting anything, but to call it useless isnt right, it serves its reason to the owner. a true enthusiest might not like the trend of style, but they can over look it and actually look at the work and time put into it. if its done right, give them credit for doing what they want.

FourFiftyFour
02-02-2005, 08:37 AM
as everyone probably knows...i hate lowered trucks...first off dont take offense to it...let me tell u the reason why i dont like them...and i wont flame anyone this time.....

#1 Trucks are made for: hauling, off-road, pulling, etc etc... (well most are excluding the Lightening and such) so they arent designed for low to the ground handling...the worst thing i can see is a dually lowered...... i mean that is pointless!

#2 2wd trucks can be turned into pre-runners...... very fun stuff...

#3 most trucks around here that are lowered...well the owners arent usually very- well i cant say it without offending someone, but at my high school I was a minority

#4 I think its pointless to see a lowered truck have to scrape speed bumps just like a car

#5 if you want lowered...why not a car? they are already lowered.....

#6 Id much rather see a truck go off road....then be shown off in a parking lot.

but its your truck do with it what u want..... i have left mine stock height bc it is 2wd. if i had a 4x4 i would lift it, and keep 2wd stock height unless i turned it into a pre runner (which i doubt i ever will do that)

derekhonda
02-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
to do anything right it cost money. .

I think that sums up my argument, lifting a truck you basically have to do right, sure, you can cheat the system and put in spacers and blocks when you are lifting, but all that does is affect the ride, you wouldnt know it had a 3" spacer on top of the front springs unless you got up close and looked in the wheel well. You can instantly tell when someone has done a hack job on their car to lower it, and that (atleast to me) creates the illusion that one junky lowered car = all junky lowered cars.

You are right on the bagging and stuff, to do it right costs a lot of mooney, and thats why not many people do it right.

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 08:53 AM
it all depends on how the part looks, ive walked up to cars before and could tell not a wheel was aligned, ive also walked up to a lifted toyota and wanted to beat the guy down because his truck was not safe and a hack job. one thing about big trucks is the parts are in your face, you can easly look at a 4x4 and tell if its done right or just thrown up.

an cdalchick, ive seen a bodydropped dually dragging rocker pannel down the strip in greenville ms towing a 40+ft enclose trailer. lowered trucks can haul things also. not everone cares to take their vehicle off road. i live in alabama and none of my stuff is taken off road, only dirt my stuff gets into is at tracks.

FourFiftyFour
02-02-2005, 09:01 AM
yes i know that but being that low and hauling something cant be necessarily that good for it..... and if it is that low wouldnt stuff drag really bad? (of course im coming from a place where roads are crappy and i couldnt see anything being very low making it safely around houston where construction rules all roads.)

i know most people wouldnt want to go off road.... i dont really take my truck off road too much....but really trucks are designed MORE for off road than being lowered..... all im getting at is pretty much that... JMO but i dont see the sense in lowering a truck when you can just get a car..... i dont think every truck should be lifted either, and ive seen some really crappy lift jobs too and i just laughed at them, but the big rims and lowered stuff just isnt for me.....

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 09:12 AM
this was a bagged and body dropped company truck, and it had 2 trucks inside the trailer and display and their parts. it could be lifted up when normal driving, but what better way to show you have faith in your products and get attention as your pulling into a show then dragging it? lowering a vehicle with wrong parts isnt good for it, thats why companies have designed parts to allow it to get that low and still be functioning and correct. next time you see hammered truck, look over the suspension, im not askign you to like it, but look at the time, money and work thats put into it. also look at 4x4's the same, there are plenty of crapy built wrong designed lifted rides out there thats really unsafe for the road.

FourFiftyFour
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
next time you see hammered truck, look over the suspension, im not askign you to like it, but look at the time, money and work thats put into it.

i will...if i can stand the tejano music blaring from inside it :ermm:

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
i will...if i can stand the tejano music blaring from inside it :ermm:

better then dodging tobacker spit and cleatus, :D

Bush0102
02-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I still haven't heard an argument that demonstrates the point of lowering a truck. "It rides better" is not a valid argument- if you wanted a good ride, why did you buy a truck in the first place?

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
I still haven't heard an argument that demonstrates the point of lowering a truck. "It rides better" is not a valid argument- if you wanted a good ride, why did you buy a truck in the first place?

umm, because they wanted to? what does it hurt? your not paying for it are you?

Bush0102
02-02-2005, 09:54 AM
its completely pointless and a waste of money. I'm not saying i care about how they waste their money, but i wanted to know a practical advantage for lowering a truck.

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Its all about appearence. Its not about practicality. Its kinda like chrome on a quad..... Theres no point other than it just looks good. Everyones into their own thing. That just happens to be some peoples hobby. I'd still be into it if I didn't have to have a daily driver.

You can't tell me that atleast 75% of the real nice lifted trucks out there NEVER see mud. And I don't just mean a dirt road... I mean MUD. Cut the man some slack....... I'm sure some people see absolutely no practicallity in quad riding, but we know other wise. ;)

Bush0102
02-02-2005, 09:58 AM
better then dodging tobacker spit and cleatus, :D

no it isnt. Nothing in the world will make me lose my temper faster than having to listen to mexican radio. The mexicans that work for me arent allowed to sit in the front of my truck anymore because they changed the station to La Sabrosita 810AM in the middle of Gimme Back My Bullets......i swear i almost fired them.

I stopped the truck, screamed at him to get in the back, and said if he ever touched my radio again, he was fired.

He quit 3 days later. I hate that music so much i really didnt care at all- in fact, i viewed it as a good opportunity to rid myself of La Sabrosita forever... I gave the job to an american boy who works just as hard.

Bush0102
02-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Its all about appearence. Its not about practicality. Its kinda like chrome on a quad..... Theres no point other than it just looks good. Everyones into their own thing. That just happens to be some peoples hobby. I'd still be into it if I didn't have to have a daily driver.

You can't tell me that atleast 75% of the real nice lifted trucks out there NEVER see mud. And I don't just mean a dirt road... I mean MUD. Cut the man some slack....... I'm sure some people see absolutely no practicallity in quad riding, but we know other wise. ;)

I never made an argument about lifted trucks not getting used. If they were to go off-road, their modifications would serve a purpose and help them accomplish the task they set out to complete.

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 10:05 AM
then why should somone pay $35,000 or more for a Z-71 wth leather and more items to hunt out of, and get in the woods, when they can buy a stripped down chevy 4x4 for 1/2 the price?

so its wrong for someone to go buy a WRX STI, or a Mustang cobra, when you can go get a KIA? you can only go so fast by law.

whats the point of having something powerfull like a STI/Cobra and daily driveing it and obeying the law? whats the point of taking a brand new Z-71 with leather to the hunting club and climing in and out with mud and deer guts all over you messing up the seats and interior? its because they want to, just because you dont agree with it dosent mean they should stop what they are doing and follow your idea of how life should be. thats why we have that many different car builders, and designs, why aftermarket companies make parts, to set it up the way you want it. if your offended by a lowered truck going down the road, you have the right not to look at it.

YLW400
02-02-2005, 10:10 AM
this sounds fighting a losing battle

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
this sounds fighting a losing battle

Couldn't agree more.;)

derekhonda
02-02-2005, 10:36 AM

I dont know where you get your info. About 20 of my friends have lifted their trucks, and yes, all 20 of us go get them muddy. And appearance is only in the eye of the beholder, so if your only argument is that it looks good, expect to get criticism.

Mud? ive never seen mud before !

represent618
02-02-2005, 10:47 AM
damn, that mud puddle was deeper than it looked? i hate water, because you never know what is under it, or how deep it is, i steer around puddles like that lol, nice pic though!!! try that in a low-rider?

YLW400
02-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Ever see a 6" lifted truck take a set of "S" curves at 120mph?:rolleyes:

represent618
02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
NO, but my lowered 87` 455 packed cutlass will burn up any lowered truck through the corners, i want to ride low i do it in a car, see my point? :rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/pa4c2be26072caf872f376421ff1cb7e0/f8fe0647.jpg

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 11:19 AM
lowered trucks in my opinion serve no purpose, they dont enhance any of the trucks abilities from the factory, they dull all of the trucks abilities from the factory, except the ability of having a lower COG to take turns, but then again im from TN and VERY biased having a 4runner with 8" of lift, locked f/r on 38.5" SX's, and having my DD being a taco on 33's....:D :devil:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2131262073

i know its a poser shot but its all i got now, plus theres some "residue" left over on the paint from last weekend :macho

represent618
02-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Warrioreater400ex, rock on!! :eek2:

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by represent618
NO, but my lowered 87` 455 packed cutlass will burn up any lowered truck through the corners, i want to ride low i do it in a car, see my point? :rolleyes:

yea your point is you dont like it, but whats to stop other people from liking them? dont look at them if you dont like them, simple as that.

represent618
02-02-2005, 11:27 AM
you are right, but i am not the only one arguing here, i said before, these are only my opinions,,,,,,not everyones view.

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM
represent618 - thanks, ive spent a lot of time on it, i know its not pretty, but thats CERTAINLY not its purpose that what the taco in the background is for!!

i must say, that if anyone puts in their wrench time, sweat and blood into something, i dont really care what it is ill give them respect, all my work, except any motor work (havent had yet, 22re 193,000 miles pushin 38s through 5.29 gears and its still ticking!) is done my me, i mean if a kid gets an s-10 from his parents, and he works hard and pays and does the wrench time, ill give him respect, i wont like it but ill give him props, because i know how your truck, no matter what it is, can be a passion so... but now if your just spending money out the frame on someone else to lower your truck, then i just consider that paying someone to neuter your truck.... jmho

represent618
02-02-2005, 11:38 AM
WORD. IT`S YOUR WORLD, YOUR TRUCK AND YOUR BALLS.
WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM IS UP TO YOU.

derekhonda
02-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
Ever see a 6" lifted truck take a set of "S" curves at 120mph?:rolleyes:

Hmm, i guess if thats what you do with your lowered truck, that just goes to show you dont have any brains. I wonder where stereotypes come from....

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Warrioreater400ex

i must say, that if anyone puts in their wrench time, sweat and blood into something, i dont really care what it is ill give them respect, all my work, except any motor work (havent had yet, 22re 193,000 miles pushin 38s through 5.29 gears and its still ticking!) is done my me, i mean if a kid gets an s-10 from his parents, and he works hard and pays and does the wrench time, ill give him respect, i wont like it but ill give him props, because i know how your truck, no matter what it is, can be a passion so...

thats the way i look at it, my 4 link, bag mounts, even the body drop was done by me. pesonally i dont have a use for a 4x4, but my old 99 gmc had 33's on it, and my f250 will get a set of 33 A/T's on it for when i go to tracks. people do things to their vehicles that all have us asking WTF? but if there is anything unique or cool about it or they did it them selves i will point it out.
now if they payed someone to lower/lift their truck then i give the shop the credit, not them. i dont like those taillights on dudes truck in the mud, but im sure he liked them, so what ever.

300ex_rider1121
02-02-2005, 11:55 AM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/My%

those are some trucks for ya hahaha:devil:

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_rider1121

those are some trucks for ya hahaha:devil:

cant link from your HD

YLW400
02-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey there Derek or should I call you dum dum? If I lower a truck for performance reasons, then yes, it will get ran through "S" turns at a buck twenty.... Most of the reasons for lowering is eliminating body roll... And by the way, I drive a 99 Z71 with 285 BFG Mud Terrains... I'm just trying to stick up for these guys that you all are busting their balls because they have a lowered truck.. Who give a %&%&??

Tommy 17
02-02-2005, 12:07 PM
wow after reading some of these posts i can't help but laugh at how extremly pathedic some of u people are...

i for one love a nice lowered s-10 with a nice body kit paint job and a nice ls-1 conversion...

but on the other hand i love a silveardo lifted 12 inches and set for mud...

i don't love the cars bc of the way they look i love them bc of the time and money someone spent on the car or truck that they like... who cares if u don't like it that person does and they are most likely proud as hell of it... i'd rather see alot of kids sinking money into thier civics and cavaliers then into their nose with drugs...

people need to stop caring about what other people do and mind their own damn business... if someone likes it low that their choice...

you people talk about the higher trucks being more useful... lets see u try to load a refridgerator into the back of a silverado with a 12 inch lift kit...:o 90% of the lifted trucks here are used for one thing... SHOW TRUCKS and they are usually trailer queens... same goes with the lowered trucks also...

represent618
02-02-2005, 12:24 PM
i agree with that too...its all about what you want.

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

you people talk about the higher trucks being more useful... lets see u try to load a refridgerator into the back of a silverado with a 12 inch lift kit...:o 90% of the lifted trucks here are used for one thing... SHOW TRUCKS and they are usually trailer queens... same goes with the lowered trucks also...

Exactly my point. Theres more "Show only" lifted trucks than there are real mud trucks.....

UglyMotha™
02-02-2005, 12:38 PM
:o I'm partial to lifted

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p37eb8f3ac7de461f8879f38386f24837/f70e7084.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pa47658052d7e0d27f8739767ca1d79f9/f70e7082.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p514dfe2223983e7903dc8968d933d19d/f70e707f.jpg

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Now thats a tough lookin Dodge ^^

YLW400
02-02-2005, 12:49 PM
where's a Dodge?:chinese: :D

UglyMotha™
02-02-2005, 12:50 PM
that's a chevy there guy ;)

quadrcr161
02-02-2005, 12:51 PM
i like the older chevy

derekhonda
02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
wow after reading some of these posts i can't help but laugh at how extremly pathedic some of u people are...

i for one love a nice lowered s-10 with a nice body kit paint job and a nice ls-1 conversion...

but on the other hand i love a silveardo lifted 12 inches and set for mud...

i don't love the cars bc of the way they look i love them bc of the time and money someone spent on the car or truck that they like... who cares if u don't like it that person does and they are most likely proud as hell of it... i'd rather see alot of kids sinking money into thier civics and cavaliers then into their nose with drugs...

people need to stop caring about what other people do and mind their own damn business... if someone likes it low that their choice...

I feel like this is directed at me, so i will answer. Yes i give credit to cars when they deserve it. My friend has a lowered honda hatchback that from the looks of it looks pretty wimpy, until you realize its a 12 second car because he did an engine swap. Theres lots of credit to be given to that car, he worked hard on it.

Now, my point, is there are too many people who simply cut their springs to attain the lowered look, i laugh at their stupidity and cheapness.

And while a fridge might be hard to get into uglymothas chevy, mine it really isnt. I'm only 5.5" bigger (at bumper) from when i was stock to when i lifted it. I am surprised no one has mentioned that most lifted trucks cant fit in parking garages for when you head downtown. Mine still fits, ive never had a problem loading anything into my bed, and i still feel like i have the lifted look, i just didnt go as crazy.

and as for this "If I lower a truck for performance reasons, then yes, it will get ran through "S" turns at a buck twenty" do us all a favor and dont get a lowered truck, id hate to see them peeling you off the concrete.

quad
02-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Blah blah blah.......Those lowered trucks may be worthless,but so are those lifted trucks with the massive tires!! They dont go 4 chit in the snow,I seen several"built"chevy 4x4's with big motors,supsension lift,body lifts,etc...... get stuck on a little bank that was grassy with dew on it!! Not too mention the $40.00 in gas it takes to run to the store.:o :rolleyes: Myself I think,if it aint your cash bein dropped into someone elses ride......it aint your business what they do to it!!:p
also,dont say I dont know what real trucks are,cause I have friends with built chevy's and ford's.One friend has an older ford with a chopped top,460 built to the max,and it snaps axle's after its burnt several feet of rubber in 4wheel drive.:devil:

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 01:27 PM
yeah there are tons of lifted trucks that are show only, but also, it depends on the part of the country, i know 70% of the lifted trucks around the suburbs of memphis (35's or larger) and i go muddin with a majority of them, that and Most of the truly off road built trucks are hardly, if ever on the street, my 4runner is an off road vehicle, but i drive it every once in a while on the street, but mainly during the summer with no top or doors.... I like having a beater, if i slide into a tree or rock, i just cut that body panel off haha its great.

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by quad
One friend has an older ford with a chopped top,460 built to the max,and it snaps axle's after its burnt several feet of rubber in 4wheel drive.:devil:

First off, why the heck is he burning mud tires in 4 wheel drive? if he dont want the tread on the tires... ill take em! also, slap some rockwells under that bad boy and he wont be breakin no more axle shafts :devil:

UglyMotha™
02-02-2005, 01:33 PM
...... get stuck on a little bank that was grassy with dew on it!!

:huh the day i got stuck on a grassy bank is the day i burn my truck

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/pa4eadc8e147aeca064fbece20dc1bd3b/f72729c3.jpg

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 01:45 PM
the day that guy got stuck on a grassy burm musta been the day he put his racing slicks or his thornbirds (haha) on his truck, sounds like a bad tire choice, not the fact that he lifted his truck:p

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
that's a chevy there guy ;)

LOL :o Opps..... I took a quick look at the front pic and thought it was a Dodge..... My appologies....:blah:

rollie
02-02-2005, 01:57 PM
i dont like lowered trucks....IMO you buy a truck to go offroad...i just gotta new chevy 2500HD with a 5in lift and i love riding higher than everyone else.....

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
yeah i love driving by and having people just stare, of course, i hope there saying wow thats a bigA** truck instead of wow theres a piece lol, either way i dont care it aint suppose to be pretty

quad
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
the day that guy got stuck on a grassy burm musta been the day he put his racing slicks or his thornbirds (haha) on his truck, sounds like a bad tire choice, not the fact that he lifted his truck:p
Yeah ooooooook lol....super swampers are racing slicks?:rolleyes:

toby400ex
02-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I dont get where some of you guys are coming from. Lifting a truck right and lowering a truck right are about the same thing. Cept the lowering springs have more sag, or the axle is on the different side of the leafs. Not every ****ing person that lowers their truck torches the springs, yes thats the ****ty way. Lowering a truck : springs, wheels, tires, alignment, shocks. Lifting a truck: springs, wheels, tires, alignment, shocks. All the same ****, nothing takes any more technical skill. Its all about how you like to drive. I want my small truck to handle like a car.

lil400exdude
02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
can someone post pics for me

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2005, 03:23 PM
The way i see it they both have they're perks yea your big truck can go over the curb and into the ditch, and you can go muddin, but i can out run ya, out handle ya, and sure as hell burn less gas than ya in the process. yea you can handle more weight, but i can get that weight into mine a whole lot easier......and #1 reason i have a small truck. living in the city, my *** can fit in undergroung parking...huh? huh? whatcha got now...j/j, but in reality for me driving in the city a big *** lifted wide truck isnt practical gas wise or parking wise.

dont anyone get me wrong i just about get a hard on when i see jacked up trucks, and i think 4x4in is a blast, but then again thats what i bought a quad for, and i know i've put less money into my quad and my truck than anyone i know who takes they're truck 4x4in

just my opingion

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2005, 03:31 PM
They dont go 4 chit in the snow,I seen several"built"chevy 4x4's with big motors,supsension lift,body lifts,etc...... get stuck on a little bank that was grassy with dew on it

big *** wide tires are worthless in the snow any of the guys around here with off roadin trucks switch over to like little narrow 31's for the winter and i dont know about dew on a hill but i've seen alot acting like gods in they're truck with they wide *** swampers on them and get stuck in thick mud while the trucks with the narrow tires cut right through.

300ex_rider1121
02-02-2005, 03:38 PM
o so u can out run a big diesel huh:devil: ...u can upgrade those things to have 1000 lb feet easy

SRH
02-02-2005, 03:44 PM
I like them both.......but, one word of advice I will give you is MAKE SURE you hold on to your factory suspension parts.

I lowered mine and loved it for 2-3 years, then got back into bikes/quads and hated it because it is completely impractical. I bottom out on bumps everytime I pull a trailer/haul my quad in the bed. And had to get rid of my 18" wheels and tires because I would get stuck in wet grass at the race tracks.

Its fun and cool to have something not everyone else has, but it ends up costing alot of money to put back to stock if you decide to and don't have the factory equipment anymore. Hence why I drive around with a 3"/4" drop kit shaved emblems/tailgate handle F-150 with stock 16" wheels..... :cuss:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p33bf79a649b576125da6ba9e567b0a1d/f541abdc.jpg

yeah exactly i was gonna lower my ranger and get 17s or 18s, j ust give it a nice clean street look but then i got thinking how bad that would suck when i have to go through ruts and stuff on ythe drive ways to the different tracks, i dont wanna lift my truck tho because it impractical to spend thousands to lift it when i dont intend on going offroading i just need to be able to when i have to ...plus i drive it all winter...so i decided, ill get some nice clean looking simul bead lock wheels with an aggressive tire and keep my snows on my stock wheels..and get4 new speakers and maybe throw a flow master exhaust on since mine is burnt out....hey does anyone know if adding a flowmaster will effect the emissions...since ny adopted that dumb idea as part of the inspection...

i personally cant stand some monsterous muddin truck or some wal mart riced out s 10 but a nicely lowered truck or lifted truck is nice either way...in ny i wouldnt want to drive a lowered truck...california yeah, but ny is so wet and snowy etc its not worht it... i like the "pre runner wanna be" trucks, usually only lifted in the front big tires fiber glass etc

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
big *** wide tires are worthless in the snow any of the guys around here with off roadin trucks switch over to like little narrow 31's for the winter and i dont know about dew on a hill but i've seen alot acting like gods in they're truck with they wide *** swampers on them and get stuck in thick mud while the trucks with the narrow tires cut right through.

I dont know about snow, but i know in the mud, it depends on the hole, if there is solid ground a few inches under the mud, and the skinny tire is tall enough to dig to it, it will work great, the only problem is that if its just goo all the way down with no solid bottom, those skinny tires just dig and bury you, but the wider the tire, the more "flotation" you have, it doesnt dig downward as fast" thats why tractor tires are so skinny, so if you can get a TALL SKINNY tire its great, but most tires get over 10.50 inches wide after 34 inches tall. but i dont like overly wide tires, especially on short tires like 35x15.50 etc...

Chanman420q
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
damn this thread isnt even 24hours old yet. I think i rubbed you guys the wrong way:eek2:

Screamin440
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
You want to know what really gets on my nerves? People that buy SUVs because they're a fad right now. They buy a 4x4 SUV that gets 8mpg (H2 for example) and they haul their kids around in them. Have they ever even used 4wd? Why get a 4x4 if you aren't going to use it for that?

Here are two examples of why I hate 4x4 posers:

I was at the Ironman in Crawfordsville this past October and it was a mud pit no matter where you tried to park. People were getting pulled out by tractors because they were stuck in their parking spots. People were down in this mud in little cars like Escorts, Taurus' etc etc. What is sitting there on the side of the road so it doesn't get in the mud? It's a FRICKING H2!!! I want to grab one of those tractors and drag that thing down into the field and make them get it muddy so that they would have to wash it before driving it back to their little cookie cutter suburb before the Community Association reported them for having an eyesore! :mad:

Second story: Friend of mine is at WalMart. As he is heading out to get into his truck he sees a new Dodge 3500 sitting right next to him. It's lifted with 35s, has aftermarket bumpers front and rear with a huge brush guard up front. He's checking it out because it's a really nice truck but he notices it has a camper shell on it which kind of surprises him.

He's looking this thing over and notices the hitch is gone off of the back of it. As he's looking at this truck the owner comes out. He congratulates him on having a nice truck and then he asks why the guy has a camper shell on a 1 ton diesel truck. The man replies that he has a shell on it because it makes it look nice. This intrigues my friend even further so he asks him where the hitch went. The man says "I took it off because it made the truck look better." So finally my friend asks him how many miles are on it and he was told it had 70,000 on it. So now the question gets asked "Does the 4wd work?" and the man doesn't know because it's never even been in 4wd. At this point my friend just shook his head and walked away.

We have guys like this and people wonder why we're paying $2 a gallon for fuel! Don't get me wrong, I drive my truck a lot to work but I also use it as a truck and not an overgrown grocery getter.

/Rant over

Chanman420q
02-02-2005, 08:09 PM
a lot of you guys have this idea that 4wd is STRICTLY for people who are going to lift there truck, throw monster truck tires on it and go drive threw some dirt. I now have a 2wd s10, but my last truck was a 4x4 F150. Do i ever go offroad? not unless im parking at the trails, which isnt really "offroad" or im helping my dad out with his houses hes building and where the house is, the driveway isnt put in yet. So yes i did go "offroading" but not for fun. But i did use it for the winter. Anyone who has new york style winters is going to agree not having 4x4 or even awd in the winter is a *****. Any of you ever have to pull someone out of a ditch? 4wheel made it easy, and yes the truck was on the pavement. Im sure some of you have boats. If you read the truck manuals on 4 wheel drive, they say when your pulling a boat out of the water, to actually put it in 4Low. Anyone here ever Plow snow in a 2wd truck? didnt think so. I'm not attacking any certain person but it anoughs me when people are like "... you have 4x4 and u dont go offroading..." there are other functions for it.

And as far as smaller trucks like mine. a few of you thought lowering them would just completely make them pointless. Some of you have motorcycles. I think those are pointless. you cant haul anything around on them, cant really put anyone on them, and there really only good in the summer. But people are still going to ride them. They like it. This is something i like, i prefer trucks. And i like the "riced" out look to a certain extent. Most everyone on this site, think that there idea on whats right or cool is the only anwser. WRONG. People like diffrant things. People are ignorant.

Someone said something about lowering a dually truck. Yea thats impracticle when u think about what the truck is truely built for. But think about cars like the enzo or S7. Those cars costs more than most peoples houses, cars, and bills every year. Do u think its practicle to drop 225,000 into a car that you prolly arent going to use as a dailey driver? doesnt seem practicle to me to spend a quarter mil on a car that ud only use if the weather is right. But people do it.

hessianmx111
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
I drive an s10 that i want to lower about an inch-2 inches because i like the look, but i like big lifted trucks too. Like others have said anything that looks nice and has some hardwork put into it i respect.Chanman post a pic of your truck id like to get some ideas for mine.

Screamin440
02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Chanman,

I'm not really sure if your post was directed at me or not. However, if it is directed at me, I don't have a problem with people having a 4x4 truck that don't take it out and just beat the living crap out of it. I have a problem with people who buy something just to be cool and don't use it for it's intended purpose. This would be equivalent to me going out and buy a 10 second street/strip car just so I could look cool while out cruising.

This "look at me" mentality is the same reason why I detest StarBucks so much. People pay $6 for a cup of coffee when you can go down to the local gas station and for $.99 you can get coffee that tastes just the same with the little creamers that they have available.

SRH
02-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
You want to know what really gets on my nerves? People that buy SUVs because they're a fad right now. They buy a 4x4 SUV that gets 8mpg (H2 for example) and they haul their kids around in them. Have they ever even used 4wd? Why get a 4x4 if you aren't going to use it for that?

Here are two examples of why I hate 4x4 posers:

I was at the Ironman in Crawfordsville this past October and it was a mud pit no matter where you tried to park. People were getting pulled out by tractors because they were stuck in their parking spots. People were down in this mud in little cars like Escorts, Taurus' etc etc. What is sitting there on the side of the road so it doesn't get in the mud? It's a FRICKING H2!!! I want to grab one of those tractors and drag that thing down into the field and make them get it muddy so that they would have to wash it before driving it back to their little cookie cutter suburb before the Community Association reported them for having an eyesore! :mad:

Second story: Friend of mine is at WalMart. As he is heading out to get into his truck he sees a new Dodge 3500 sitting right next to him. It's lifted with 35s, has aftermarket bumpers front and rear with a huge brush guard up front. He's checking it out because it's a really nice truck but he notices it has a camper shell on it which kind of surprises him.

He's looking this thing over and notices the hitch is gone off of the back of it. As he's looking at this truck the owner comes out. He congratulates him on having a nice truck and then he asks why the guy has a camper shell on a 1 ton diesel truck. The man replies that he has a shell on it because it makes it look nice. This intrigues my friend even further so he asks him where the hitch went. The man says "I took it off because it made the truck look better." So finally my friend asks him how many miles are on it and he was told it had 70,000 on it. So now the question gets asked "Does the 4wd work?" and the man doesn't know because it's never even been in 4wd. At this point my friend just shook his head and walked away.

We have guys like this and people wonder why we're paying $2 a gallon for fuel! Don't get me wrong, I drive my truck a lot to work but I also use it as a truck and not an overgrown grocery getter.

/Rant over

omg a 4x4 poser poser t his poser th at please, if people have the cash to throw around for a h2 hummer what do they care about gas mileage, so you think the old man shouldnt be able to make his truck look nice and have 4 wheel drive if he wants it? oh come on... why would u even ask if the 4 wheel drive worked it says 4x4 wtf, oh yeah you have a nice truck i see it has a motor i was wonder if it ran? you have a nice truck i see it has tires, do they turn? who asks questions like that, stop being jealous of people who work and buy what you dream of owning

slamming a truck in ny isnt worth it, unless y ou have a winter vehicle just asking for trouble when you have something kinda riced out....target for vandalism,cops,....the middle finger etc

Screamin440
02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
omg a 4x4 poser poser t his poser th at please, if people have the cash to throw around for a h2 hummer what do they care about gas mileage, so you think the old man shouldnt be able to make his truck look nice and have 4 wheel drive if he wants it? oh come on... why would u even ask if the 4 wheel drive worked it says 4x4 wtf, oh yeah you have a nice truck i see it has a motor i was wonder if it ran? you have a nice truck i see it has tires, do they turn? who asks questions like that, stop being jealous of people who work and buy what you dream of owning

slamming a truck in ny isnt worth it, unless y ou have a winter vehicle just asking for trouble when you have something kinda riced out....target for vandalism,cops,....the middle finger etc

I'm jealous of what they own? Sorry to inform you but if I was jealous over something it SURE wouldn't be over a truck.

The point of asking whether the 4wd works or not is a very valid question. How would they know if the 4wd works unless they've used it. He's got a lift kit, 35s, a brush guard and nasty bumpers front and rear yet he's never taken it offroad. The only reason the guy did all of this was because his friends had it done to their trucks so he felt like he needed to fit in.

BTW, if I were to ever be jealous over owning a Hummer, it'd be over an H1 and NOT an H2.

SRH
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
I'm jealous of what they own? Sorry to inform you but if I was jealous over something it SURE wouldn't be over a truck.

The point of asking whether the 4wd works or not is a very valid question. How would they know if the 4wd works unless they've used it. He's got a lift kit, 35s, a brush guard and nasty bumpers front and rear yet he's never taken it offroad. The only reason the guy did all of this was because his friends had it done to their trucks so he felt like he needed to fit in.

BTW, if I were to ever be jealous over owning a Hummer, it'd be over an H1 and NOT an H2.

why do you care what he did...whats the big deal i dont care what your jealous over

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 10:41 PM
H2's have always bothered me, just because they arent really anything but a glorified Yukon.... o well... and some things they call "suv's" are basically a minivan with a more aggressive body.... o well

crux131
02-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Few points, first just because a truck is slammed, does not mean it is owned by a hispanic.....earlier stereotype. Also, there is nothing wrong with lifted trucks, those are nice as well. I guess I am just a truck person.
Lowered trucks can haul stuff, used my bagged mini to carry a 36" television before, did fine.....probably wouldn't do well with a fridge, but hell it's a mazda.

Poorly built anything will suck, lifted or lowered. An improperly built lifted truck, will lose as much towing and carrying capacity as an improperly built mini. Trucks are not always bought for off roading, and if someone doesn't want to haul or tow, fine. I bought my Mazda with the intention of cutting it up, and just driving it, never intended it for utilitarian duty. I have owned other small trucks, and they handled everything I ever through at them. I have faith that I could throw a quad in the bed of my Mazda, and hauk it to any of the local tracks I have checked out before.

Anyway, if you don't like something, don't *****...just ignore it.

Max400
02-02-2005, 11:05 PM
hey derekhonda nice truck, is that a 2001? I have a 2001 I need to put a lift on it like yours it looks sweet.

FourFiftyFour
02-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by crux131
Few points, first just because a truck is slammed, does not mean it is owned by a hispanic.....earlier stereotype.

come to houston and surrounding areas and youll see like 95% of them are owned by hispanics. not a STEREOTYPE but a FACT :rolleyes:

derekhonda
02-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Max400
hey derekhonda nice truck, is that a 2001? I have a 2001 I need to put a lift on it like yours it looks sweet.

Its a 96 :)

How man of you have custom interiors? To me, that makes the truck. If you owned a lowered truck and havnt done anything else to it besides shocks and wheels, i dont believe you did it "because you liked the way it turned out and dont care what other people think.:

If you truly dont care about what people think, why wouldnt you leave the outside stock, or modify the interior too? After all, that is where you do all the sitting.

crux131
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
come to houston and surrounding areas and youll see like 95% of them are owned by hispanics. not a STEREOTYPE but a FACT

Houston could be full of truck enthusiast of a hispanic background, but it is not a nationwide hispanic past time. I don't like that music, but i'm sure tejano fans probably wouldn't care for my alternative/hard rock.
Farthest I have been that direction was Austin/Round Rock area for Texas Heatwave....a huge truck show. Out of all the vehicles in attendance, only a handfull were lowriders( By the way, not every lowered vehicle qualifies as a lowrider....these are usually the wire wheeled, candy painted, sometimes hydro'd, crush velvet interior , really loud tweeter playing impalas, thunderchickens,any older big car type of customs ), that are generally stereotyped as hispanic.

crux131
02-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Its a 96 :)

How man of you have custom interiors? To me, that makes the truck. If you owned a lowered truck and havnt done anything else to it besides shocks and wheels, i dont believe you did it "because you liked the way it turned out and dont care what other people think.:

If you truly dont care about what people think, why wouldnt you leave the outside stock, or modify the interior too? After all, that is where you do all the sitting.

My truck has a full tweed interior, complete change of color from red to tan, a full stereo system, and a pair of leather seats that I am in process of installing.

I am also in the process of installing new sheet metal, going to shave the corner lights, tail lights, and gas door, and do some sheet metal work in the bed.

My truck is not stock, and will further changed by the time I finish it.

FourFiftyFour
02-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Houston could be full of truck enthusiast of a hispanic background, but it is not a nationwide hispanic past time. I don't like that music, but i'm sure tejano fans probably wouldn't care for my alternative/hard rock.
Farthest I have been that direction was Austin/Round Rock area for Texas Heatwave....a huge truck show. Out of all the vehicles in attendance, only a handfull were lowriders( By the way, not every lowered vehicle qualifies as a lowrider....these are usually the wire wheeled, candy painted, sometimes hydro'd, crush velvet interior , really loud tweeter playing impalas, thunderchickens,any older big car type of customs ), that are generally stereotyped as hispanic.

you must not read very well. someone told me to check a lowered truck out to see how they did it......well news alert..i live in the houston area!!!!!! so if i look at a lowered truck..... its gonna be from houston area. so why dont you not say anymore because i wasnt talking about the whole nation....just a paticular area. and a lot of the lowrider trucks that are "done right" come into alvin to be painted so i think i might know better than you.

and as for them not liking my music? well then they can go back to their own country and listen to their stuff without taking over one of the nation's oldest and best rock stations, I live in America, not Mexico and that is by choice.... so I shouldnt have to deal with every other station being tejano. im done talking with you.

300exOH
02-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Just curious what everyone thinks about a lifted 2WD truck?

Personally I think both lifted and lowered vehicles are cool for different reasons. I like trucks. Period. Mine is a stock 2wd and it does what I need it to.

FourFiftyFour
02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH

Personally I think both lifted and lowered vehicles are cool for different reasons. I like trucks. Period. Mine is a stock 2wd and it does what I need it to.

yeah, ive seen a few that look pretty cool... i think a leveling kit is what a lot of ppl do.. the trucks that have like a lot of lift and stuff for only 2wd looks kind of stupid... but having a little bit (like 3") wouldnt be too bad... the only thing is body lifts sometimes look crappy and suspension lifts are usually pretty expensive... sometimes more than u want to spend for a 2wd truck

my truck is 2wd and i chose to keep it stock height for now... but it has pretty good height to it for a stock 2wd truck

UglyMotha™
02-03-2005, 08:45 AM

they rock :cool:

http://www.camburg.com/images/extremetrucks/1994Ranger/Jump.jpg

300exOH
02-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah. I like the lifted prerunner look myself. I agree about not going too high with it though. I'm happy with mine at stock height for waht I use it for. I'd like to level it out for looks but I've heard when you haul a trailer it will make the rear ride too low.

Here's my beast

derekhonda
02-03-2005, 08:52 AM
My truck has a full tweed interior, complete change of color from red to tan, a full stereo system, and a pair of leather seats that I am in process of installing.

I am also in the process of installing new sheet metal, going to shave the corner lights, tail lights, and gas door, and do some sheet metal work in the bed.

My truck is not stock, and will further changed by the time I finish it.

See, thats what i like to see, something that is only for the enjoyment of the person inside, i think that makes your truck truly personal.

Alberta_Qaudin
02-03-2005, 08:55 AM
H2's have always bothered me, just because they arent really anything but a glorified Yukon.... o well... and some things they call "suv's" are basically a minivan with a more aggressive body.... o well

k i have to dissagree with that, i used to think the same thing about them when they came out cause they went from they're big *** tuff army look to a clean luxury look....BUT havin seen one in action, i would like to see the yukon even modded that could hold any ground against it, yes there are those people out there who buy them as a trophy vehicle but for those who use them they've still proven them selves to be the best. Maxim magazine had an article where they took the thing to the jungle in south america, and said it was in they're minds better than the original hummer, and i mean c'mon these are the guys who bash ecerything unless it is the best

FourFiftyFour
02-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah. I like the lifted prerunner look myself. I agree about not going too high with it though. I'm happy with mine at stock height for waht I use it for. I'd like to level it out for looks but I've heard when you haul a trailer it will make the rear ride too low.

Here's my beast

thats cool, i wanted to do a lot of stuff to my truck right away when i got it... (2001 tundra) and then i sat back and kept it stock for a long time... now im glad i did, bc when i get out of college i might go for the pre runner look...or i might just put a supercharger and other goodies in it.... not sure yet.. but itll be cool to do it right when i actually have the money to not half *** everything

UglyMotha™
02-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
k i have to dissagree with that, i used to think the same thing about them when they came out cause they went from they're big *** tuff army look to a clean luxury look....BUT havin seen one in action, i would like to see the yukon even modded that could hold any ground against it, yes there are those people out there who buy them as a trophy vehicle but for those who use them they've still proven them selves to be the best. Maxim magazine had an article where they took the thing to the jungle in south america, and said it was in they're minds better than the original hummer, and i mean c'mon these are the guys who bash ecerything unless it is the best

uhhh hate to break it to yah there buddy but the H2 sits on nothing more than a widen YUKON chassis, so whatever the H2 can handle the yukon can handle with the same ease, and there far from offroad worthy, there nothing more than an upity SUV

Flynbryan19
02-03-2005, 09:14 AM
uhhh hate to break it to yah there buddy but the H2 sits on nothing more than a widen YUKON chassis, so whatever the H2 can handle the yukon can handle with the same ease, and there far from offroad worthy, there nothing more than an upity SUV

UglyMotha™
02-03-2005, 09:38 AM
http://web1.servforce.com/~cj8/index.html

cause the hummer is such an awesome offroad machine, just cause maxim says they are, what the heck does maxim know bout offroad, H2 could never hold a candle to the h1 pathetic thing ain't even trail rated for the parking lot

300exOH
02-03-2005, 09:42 AM
pathetic thing ain't even trail rated for the parking lot [/B]

LMFAO!

crux131
02-03-2005, 09:48 AM
you must not read very well. someone told me to check a lowered truck out to see how they did it......well news alert..i live in the houston area!!!!!! so if i look at a lowered truck..... its gonna be from houston area. so why dont you not say anymore because i wasnt talking about the whole nation....just a paticular area. and a lot of the lowrider trucks that are "done right" come into alvin to be painted so i think i might know better than you.

and as for them not liking my music? well then they can go back to their own country and listen to their stuff without taking over one of the nation's oldest and best rock stations, I live in America, not Mexico and that is by choice.... so I shouldnt have to deal with every other station being tejano. im done talking with you.

What crawled up in you and died????
I never got irate, just tried to point out that not everyone involved with lowered vehicles is a hispanic........which seemed to be your initial impression I got from your post.

I probably know a lot more about custom vehicles than you do, I have had a little involvement in custom truck, car, car audio...etc.
You might say it is my hobby, and I learn as much as possible about it.

Also, why do they have to go back to "their country"? These people may have been born here, I know Texas has a large hispanic american population, and if you don't like people who have just as much right as you, to live in your God blessed, wonderful ,better than the rest of the union hell hole, then maybe you should move.

End yourself, do us all a favor.........Just kidding

Oh yeah, I like the pre runner trucks.

zephead400ex
02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Ugly, I was getting ready to post that link, haha! Anyway, I have never liked the H2's either but the H1's kick ***! My buddy used to have a H1, we tore up a lot of sh*t with that thing in high school!:D

Warrioreater400ex
02-03-2005, 02:22 PM
WAIT WAIT GUYS!!! i forgot the beastly H2 has a rear locker and an LSD up front!!!:eek2: i guess now i remember why it kicks butt in the jungle for maxim :rolleyes: I definitely cant wait for the beefy H3 (trailblazer) to his showroom floors!!!

although i did have a breakthrough the other day, i was drivin and i saw a H2 covered with mud, it was HONESTLY the first H2 ive seen muddy since they came out. Im not saying it sux offroad, im just saying i dont thing its deserving of the Hummer name, and it is certainly not deserving of the glory it gets from most people.....

Fender Bender
02-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Who gives a fack, this thread is pretty much a bs fest...

I kinda like driving a bagged truck, ignorant people are amusing. I love getting questions like "How do you go over bumps in that thing", because I get to answer by saying "I drive over them."

progress on S-10 #1 (which was recently totalled) as of last sunday (frame is notched now, and the interior is gutted and the body drop has begun, bag mounts are all installed, panhard bar welded on)

http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/pic1.jpg

PHIL_B54
02-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm happy with mine at stock height for waht I use it for. I'd like to level it out for looks but I've heard when you haul a trailer it will make the rear ride too low.

i dont have pics on me, but i have a 2001 chevy ext cab short box 2wd...anyway i wanted to level it out, and was going to do a 0/2 drop, but decided to go with 0/1 for that reason. you can just barely tell, but people will ask what you did to it. with my trailer on it levels it perfectly and it looks nice :cool:

TheFontMaster
02-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I personaly like the lifted trucks. But only 4x4's should be lifted. I'm getting a bronco this summer or spring, and the first thing going on it is a lift. If you have a 2x4 then i don't mind them lowered. Just having a 4x4 and going off road I find so much more fun. The owner of the local hot rod shop has a bright orange F-350 dually that was lowered. It looks sick.

drifterx
02-04-2005, 11:09 PM
I also like both lifted, and lowered trucks. They're both trucks in my mind. I think if you have a 4x4, of course you need to lift it a bit, a 2 wheel drive, you should lower it, but you could lift it also, even though i wouldn't lift a 2x4. I mean common though, some of those show trucks with like 52 inch tires?? I think 44" is a big as it should go, maybe a few inches bigger, but anything more than that is a tid bit rediculous. Same thing with like those 27 inch rims, just rediculous. My truck is a 2x4, so i'm going to lower it a little, but not so much that i can't still pull a trailer, or drive every day. Just my $.02.

maskale
02-05-2005, 12:38 AM
come to houston and surrounding areas and youll see like 95% of them are owned by hispanics. not a STEREOTYPE but a FACT :rolleyes:

You are right, it is a fact. Most importantly though I think it is a personal preference, why they would ever lower their truck is beyond me, I think it is stupid and just does not look good but Hispanics are not the only ones that drop their rides. As for the Tejano music, I feel your pain, I am a Hispanic that was born and raised here and I cannot stand the Tejano music. My truck is lifted and the presets on my radio are #1) 94.5 The Buzz and #2) use to be ROCK 101 KLOL. I personally will never drop a vehicle.

Just like there are rednecks that like their lifted trucks with the
rebel flag air brushed on the tailgate there are some people that like to roll on 20's, 22's, or 24's with 3000w of bass coming out of their ride that you can hear a block away.

To each his own. I may laugh at others choice of doing things, just like others will laugh at me. That is what makes people different though, and many times people will fall into a stereotype because that is what others like them are doing.

What I really can't stand is when people put those lowrider rims with gold spokes on their lowered car that stick out aout 6" past the wheel wells and put some real small tires on them. WTF. FACT: Mostly Hispanics do that, I just don't get it.

BTW CdaleChick you should have changed your Sig. back to what you use to have just for this thread.

"Lowered trucks are for guys that can't get it up."

I LOL when I first read that a few weeks back.

MOFO
02-05-2005, 05:23 AM

yep...and I cant help but to laugh about the comment of the H2 being better than the H1....

the world is filling up with more morons ever day I guess.

Screamin440
02-05-2005, 10:15 AM

As much as I hate H2s that isn't a fair comparison to it's offroad capabilities. The idiot drove onto a stump and high centered it. You can have a truck with 44s and lockers front and rear but if you high center it and get the weight off of the wheels it isn't going to go anywhere.

The H2 is based off of the Yukon chassis but it has some neat toys added to it to improve it's offroad capabilities. It has a suspended skid plate that runs from the back of the front bumper to the back of the tranny. The skidplate is strong enough to hold the weight of the vehicle for a short time.

Here's a look into it's suspension and chassis design.

H2 Chassis (http://www.lynchhummer.com/h2pages/h2chassis.html)

Edit: And to the person that said the H2 is just as good as the H1: I would like to see an H2 ascend a hill with a 75* incline because that's what an H1 can do. You can also drive one front wheel off of a ledge on an H1, get out and jump up and down on the hood and it won't rock back and forth like it's going to go over. This was experienced first hand by my boss when he worked at a Jeep/Hummer store in Vegas.

DEAL
02-05-2005, 11:04 AM
They make sport trucks for a reason .. not to be lifted.
So lowered trucks are good .. lowered 4x4s are pretty stupid though.

Chanman420q
02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
people always want to be diffrant, but when someone does something diffrant from what they like its a crime.

to all his own.

dirtriderex
02-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Any vehicle that is high up is going to suck at handling. My buddys truck is lowered and handles awsome. He can get on the on and off ramps at 60mph+. You only lower the fast sport trucks though.

jesshamner
02-06-2005, 09:36 PM
I like them both. I think it all depends on your situation really. Too big is a huge waste, and a full size lowered truck is useless too. If you live in the city and only do city driving....why not lower? I have a Nissan Frontier that is completely stock. Besides having a bed on it, its the same as my old civic. I would rather have a 4x4 full size truck about like the dodge in the second post, but I don't have the money for that right now. While I'm at school, I don't go offroad besides when I go riding or go to a race and usually its just in a field or a gravel parking lot so no need for a huge truck. I would also like to lower my nissan but I would have to use bags or cylinders b/c I would have to lift it up when I go riding. A lowered truck can cost as much as a lifted truck so you can't argue about that. I think that big trucks are more accepted b/c its more tough and rugged. It is a testosterone thing I think. There's nothing like some big meaty tires and raw horsepower. But thats not always practical. I love the style of these lowered trucks. As far as systems go, I have seen shotty systems in lifted and lowered trucks. So buy and support what is most practical AND most appealing to you!!!....not to everyone else.

toby400ex
02-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Personally, I think you're all wrong, cuz a quad is better than either.

TheFontMaster
02-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Personally, I think you're all wrong, cuz a quad is better than either.

Your sig. is great. Is that a true story?

TheBigNasty
03-23-2005, 12:05 AM
going to build 2500 duramax 4x4 next though
i like low and really high
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=3416

derekhonda
03-23-2005, 08:58 AM
that truck looks amazing.

TAB
03-23-2005, 01:37 PM
2003 superduty

Fender Bender
03-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Oh, the bodydrop is done :cool: Oh, and its got a/c without a kit, and a stock brake booster. All home fabricated.

crunch...
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/3_3_05/1.jpg

Front bags installed.
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/3_3_05/10.jpg

Oh, so beautiful:
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/3_3_05/9.jpg

WKY400EX
03-24-2005, 02:15 PM

Personally I think both lifted and lowered vehicles are cool for different reasons. I like trucks. Period. Mine is a stock 2wd and it does what I need it to. I think they're sharp when done right. I have a '97 Chevy Ext. Cab C1500 that I lifted 4" and ran 32x11.50x15 AT's on. I ran it like that for about a year, but with the combination of: a lot of driving, stock gearing, & a 26 gallon tank, the truck killed me when it came time to fill up. My intentions were to make it into a prerunner, but I decided to lower it a little because of gas.
You can lower or lift a truck and still leave it practical. I have respect for any truck lifted/lowered if it's done right and actually GETS USED.

Plante400
03-24-2005, 07:28 PM
i like my jeep:)

nacs400ex
03-24-2005, 07:44 PM

.but really trucks are designed MORE for off road than being lowered..... all im getting at is pretty much that...

How are trucks designed more for offroad? Because they have a little bit bigger tires, and a box? Certain trucks are designed for certain purposes. I guess we're going to see Lightning's, SRT10's and Joe Gibbs Silverado's hitting the trails soon just because they are trucks?

I can easily tow the things I need to and haul the quads in the bed like I need to with a lowered truck.

Either way a 2-wheel drive is pretty useless offroading. so why lift it? To prove you have the money to waste the gas.

You must use common sense when lowering a vehicle. You dont lower it to scrape the ground. Just like you wouldn't lift a 4x4 truck extremely high and make it top heavy, making it prone to roll overs. No matter what the vehicle is you can mod them proper or improper. Nobody likes a hacked up lifted or lowered truck.

nacs400ex
03-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
Oh, the bodydrop is done :cool: Oh, and its got a/c without a kit, and a stock brake booster. All home fabricated.

crunch...
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/3_3_05/1.jpg

Front bags installed.
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/3_3_05/10.jpg

Oh, so beautiful:
http://www.s91678300.onlinehome.us/alex/greens10/3_3_05/9.jpg

:eek2: Get some pics when your finished that build. Looks like its going to be sick! Those rims look pretty awesome.

J25
03-24-2005, 07:56 PM
my 79 ford

J25
03-24-2005, 07:57 PM
nn

ReconRider25
03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
heres my truck. havent really done anything to it besides a little bit of body work, new tires n i painted the rims black, made some changes to the stereo system(2 boxes some jensens, etc) put new windshield in it and other maintenece stuff. thing i like most bout it is that its stickshift and i find it funny that im drivin this around when all my buddies dont even know how to drive stick.:p oh yea i also got an old toyota stout ive been restoring but ill be sellin both that and this truck and ill be getting a newer truck this summer, probably a tacoma or s10 or something.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p58df32dbc8be73d97219cc180cf377b3/f67265dc.jpg

SRH
03-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex

Either way a 2-wheel drive is pretty useless offroading. so why lift it? To prove you have the money to waste the gas.

for looks maybe...i hate that attitude that if someone likes something but you think its impracticle your stupid for doing it...its better defined as jealousy, im sure if anyone wanted a lifted 4x4 and they had a lifted 2 wheel they could afford it....