PDA

View Full Version : Shipping tires and rims

Chanman420q
02-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Who has shipped tires and rims? I was wondering how you went about this? Did you box them up or did you ship them how rocky mountain atv does? Did you get them all ( 2 tires/rims ) in one box or seperately? And i know the cost of shipping vareys based on how fast u get it there, how much it weighs and how far its going, but about how much do you think it would cost to ship 20/11/9 Maxxis razrs 6ply on stock rims. The rims are kinda heavy and the tires are 6 ply. Im just wondering because if i sell my tires i dont wanna get screwed on shipping and i dont wanna screw the buyer with shipping. Thanks for any input. Again i know there are the 3 factors on how much it is, but im sure you guys have a ruff idea on how much.

btw, would letting the air out the tires make any diffrance on weight?

sprtrx300ex
02-02-2005, 04:25 AM
I have shipped tires two ways. I have wrapped them up in plastic wrap, then taped them, and I have boxed them up. Plastic wrap saves money. Deflating the tires might save a little weight, but not alot. If you are shipping 2 rims that are seperate from tires, deffinitly put them in a box. Tires can be thrown around without damage, rims cant.

As far as shipping costs, it all depends on where you ship it and how you ship it. usually anywhere from $30 +