PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna explain Photoshop ??

Quad18star
02-01-2005, 09:23 PM
The title says it all . Does anyone wanan take the time and explain to me how to do simple things in photoshop . Like say if I take a picture of a quad , and want to change the color of it's frame ..... How do I go about selecting just the frame then changing it's color?? I need just the bare basics .... non of the high tech stuff . I just wanna be able to do it myself instead of asking you guys for help all the time . I think this will help others also .

416exmx
02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
It will help me. I have been messing with it and everything i do looks like it was done in paint.

Quad18star
02-01-2005, 09:44 PM
I give up on it . If I continue , I'm gunna end up put my fist through the f**king computer screen . :mad:

02-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I give up on it . If I continue , I'm gunna end up put my fist through the f**king computer screen . :mad:

dont feel bad i gave up on photoshop a long long time ago.

Quad18star
02-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by sEX
dont feel bad i gave up on photoshop a long long time ago.

Chit frustrates me when I don't understand it . Computers frustrate me . I need to break one . :mad:

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
well sorta hard to explain photoshop on here...... with some stuff u can just IM me and i can try to help out...i have been working with photoshop for a few years now and been going to school for programs just like that and it takes years of work and practice to get good at it

Quad18star
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
well sorta hard to explain photoshop on here...... with some stuff u can just IM me and i can try to help out...i have been working with photoshop for a few years now and been going to school for programs just like that and it takes years of work and practice to get good at it

I'll take you up on that offer tomorrow or some time later this week . I've just frustrated myself too much tonight to try and re-attempt it tonight . :(

Dan_Guetter
02-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I think we should have a photoshop tip thread....

I'd be more than willing to share some of my knowledge.....but not all of it;)

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2005, 10:10 PM
well i might not be online much the rest of the week, i am doing my internship and sometimes i dont get home till late and i just go straight to bed

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS

exactly! i dont even take my files into class with my layers..i flatten everything bc i get a lot of "how did u do that".... especially recently with my latest project :cool:

Quad18star
02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS

That would be good .... it would eliminate a lot of threads here in the open forum like this one . It's a complicated f***ing program . lol . I even tried reading the instructions . :(

Dan_Guetter
02-01-2005, 11:32 PM
For the most part.....figure out how the layers work and how you can link them up with other layers to save you headache when your trying to move more than one object around the work area:)

Dan_Guetter
02-01-2005, 11:33 PM
P.S. NEVER START WORKING ON THE BACKGROUND LAYER

FourFiftyFour
02-01-2005, 11:56 PM
if i ever wanna "do away" with the background layer i just double click it twice for it to become...layer 0...i dont normally do this but sometimes i have done it

DAB516
02-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Another thing I always try to start a new layer for everything I do no matter what it is even for a simple dot.

YZ400EX
02-02-2005, 01:26 AM
IM me at f4kmamola on AIM and I will walk you through the basics of selecting your frame or whatever else and changing the color..