PDA

View Full Version : Lnger rod?

Eddiesanders250
02-01-2005, 08:39 PM
If you have a 330 Powervalve should you get a longer rod? will it make more power and will it still be as reliable as the stock?

ESR350r
02-01-2005, 08:59 PM
I have an ESR 330 non powervalve with the 5mm stroker crank @ 350cc and I hillclimbed it for half a season, ran a GNCC race , and a hare scramble and mine is still doing fine. If you stoke yours it will be a 350cc powervalve moter. You will lose some reliability with the longer stroke but it is hard to say how much. It all depends on what you are wanting to do with it. Draging and climbing I would say stroke it, but for weekend riding and long MX or GNCC racing i would say keep it where it is at. That is just my opinion though.

JTRtrx250r
02-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ESR350r
I have an ESR 330 non powervalve with the 5mm stroker crank @ 350cc and I hillclimbed it for half a season, ran a GNCC race , and a hare scramble and mine is still doing fine. If you stoke yours it will be a 350cc powervalve moter. You will lose some reliability with the longer stroke but it is hard to say how much. It all depends on what you are wanting to do with it. Draging and climbing I would say stroke it, but for weekend riding and long MX or GNCC racing i would say keep it where it is at. That is just my opinion though. I agree all the way...even tho mines not even a 265:D good advise tho