PDA

View Full Version : King Quad??????

Ericthered rdr
02-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Looking for a good review of the King Quad..........Anybody ride one yet?

My friend and I are considering getting them and need some feedback.

Ken Robey
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Well,
I got mine from Suzuki about 3 weeks ago and let me tell you I am more than impressed. I can run it through the woods just as fast as my prairie and it even rides smoother. Low end on it is sluggish out of the hole, but the top end rips pretty darn good. It will keep up with the prairie on the top. I am looking forward to the race in Texas with it just to see how it will do. Changed the bars to tag T2's, Roxstar Douglas wheels, OMF beadlocks, Aluminum Products Skid plate package, Maxxis Big Horns, Cycra Handguards, Prm back grab bar, Works Connection Peg extenders, and alot more to go with it. I think it is ready to ROCK!!!!!!

MEL
02-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Ken Robey
Changed the bars to tag T2's, Roxstar Douglas wheels, OMF beadlocks, Aluminum Products Skid plate package, Maxxis Big Horns, Cycra Handguards, Prm back grab bar, Works Connection Peg extenders, and alot more to go with it. I think it is ready to ROCK!!!!!! [/B]

i take it your running the stock class? and do you have beadlocks on the rockstars, or 2 sets of rims? i'm trying to deside which rims to get for my praire, and havn't made up my mind yet.

Ken Robey
02-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Put OMF beadlocks on it with reinforced rings on the inside. They look good.

tom400ex
02-03-2005, 07:15 AM
got any pics???????

Ken Robey
02-03-2005, 04:30 PM
not finished until the weekend, but when it is done I will put some in.

ESR330R
02-03-2005, 08:00 PM
sounds to me like you guys are not very good at choosing the right kind of quads. 4x4s suck.

ESR330R
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
i mean common I am such a good mud bogger. whoooooooohoooooooo. want SOME REAL FUN JUMP ON A SPORT QUAD.

Ken Robey
02-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Hell, my son can ride something that weighs only 350 pounds. He is only 10. Jump on something that weighs 700 and then tell me how you feel after 2 hrs. of racing. Ha Ha:macho

MEL
02-04-2005, 08:28 AM
i don't think ken has his quad set up to do too many mud bogs. ken, how many sport quads did you embarass last year?

Ken Robey
02-05-2005, 07:08 AM
I don't really look at it as embarrassment at all. I just wish that they would get the heck out of my way. Ha Ha. I just love it when you yell at a person on a sport quad to pass and the look at you like you pullin there leg. I just really hate it when the pull over and then pull back out because they don't want to be passed by a utility. that is when that front push bar comes in handy!!!! In all seriousness, I just love being out there with all of you doing what we have a passion for.:D

MEL
02-05-2005, 10:15 AM
any suggestions for putting aftermarket bars on a praire 700? i'd like to keep the gauges. i seen penland makes an adapter, any others i should look at?

Ken Robey
02-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I ran TAG T-2's on my prairie all last year and I really liked them. TAG is sponsoring me this year but they didn't have the bars that I needed in stock so I had to take them off of my prairie in order to get to TX. Mike runs FAAST Company Flex bars. They are nice also, but I used them when I ran in the 12 hour race in Iowa with him and I didn't get arm pump, but the sweep wasn't at all right for me. I was just reaching out to far. The T-2's that I run are Item #1007-ATV Standard bars. I feel they are the perfect height for the prairie. They fit me just right. Mike does make his signature mount for the prairie computer. I have one on mine. His phone number is 1-706-746-2812. It is a really good mount. Tell him I sent you. If you know anyone that is running a King quad, I took off my headlight on the bars with the help of a sawsall and fabricated my own mount to bolt onto the exsisting bracket, that will cover up the computer and also give you a place to put you key. Let me know if this works out for you. Remember if you put fat bars on it takes special adapters which will bolt directly onto your steering stem. Mike also needs to know in order to send you the correct mount. Ken

MEL
02-06-2005, 09:33 AM
i still have an extra set of 7/8 to 1 1/8 adapters from my 400ex. but, do you have to run the tag adapters with penlands mount? i thought i had heard that somewhere. i was looking into the faast bars simply for the anti-vib design since nobody makes a anti-vibe stem for the utes. i like the cr high tag t2 that i had, and faast makes a bar thats close to them, but don't know how i'd like them on the p700. thanks for the advise. this will be my first year racing the ute class, and have no idea how its going to turn out.

Ken Robey
02-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Not sure if you have to run the TAG mounts or not. give him a call and he will set you straight. Good luck on the racing, looking forward to banging bars with you. R U going to be in TX.

Ericthered rdr
02-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Well,
I got mine from Suzuki about 3 weeks ago and let me tell you I am more than impressed. I can run it through the woods just as fast as my prairie and it even rides smoother. Low end on it is sluggish out of the hole, but the top end rips pretty darn good. It will keep up with the prairie on the top. I am looking forward to the race in Texas with it just to see how it will do. Changed the bars to tag T2's, Roxstar Douglas wheels, OMF beadlocks, Aluminum Products Skid plate package, Maxxis Big Horns, Cycra Handguards, Prm back grab bar, Works Connection Peg extenders, and alot more to go with it. I think it is ready to ROCK!!!!!!

Thanks I am looking forward to riding on one. I have heard they are a smooth predictable ride.

MEL
02-06-2005, 02:15 PM
i'll only be unidilla. trying to run as many local (D4) races as i can, and that'll take up most of my free time.

Ken Robey
02-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I guess we will see you there. In the meantime, just a little tip on racing utility, don't look at the trees. They really hurt when you hit them.

MEL
02-06-2005, 07:13 PM
don't look at the trees. They really hurt when you hit them. [/B]
i've raced vet a in D4 for a couple years. me and the trees have met before.