PDA

View Full Version : Blaster, No Start Condition

nitehk
02-01-2005, 05:06 PM
2002 Blaster. Rebuilt top end. NO START. what am I missing? How to troubleshoot? Please Help!!

400exrider707
02-01-2005, 05:19 PM
OH! The spark plug!!!. Who knows, you really didn't give us a whole lot of information to go on here. What did you do to it? Is it getting gas? Is it getting spark? ??????????

Snow
02-01-2005, 05:57 PM
is there oil in it, and if you have an oil block off kit is the oil mixture correct??

nitehk
02-01-2005, 06:45 PM
This has been the problem from before the top end rebuild.
the old piston had scratches. The engine still turns over. I don't think it's seized. I haven't checked for spark yet. The plug is new and clean. I don't know where to check for wires or ground. Please indicate what else to look for. Thanks.

85atc350x
02-01-2005, 06:56 PM
You need to start with the basics. 1. Does it have compression? 2. Does it have spark? 3. Is it getting fuel? Check those things and reply back with your findings.

bradley300
02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
have you had it long? when i first got mine, i couldnt start it to save my life, come to find out, your not supposed to give it gas. pump the throttle, then kick and it should fire up

nitehk
02-04-2005, 05:12 PM
gas comes out of the petcock nothing comes of the carb. Anybody know how to modify the airbox to accomadate the 240 bore 34 mm carb? should I even try to clean out the stock carb?

nakomis0
02-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 85atc350x
You need to start with the basics. 1. Does it have compression? 2. Does it have spark? 3. Is it getting fuel? Check those things and reply back with your findings.

Did you check the spark yet?

TRy spraying a little starting fluid (or gas) into the piston area with the carb off. See if it starts then.

You can clean your stock carb, just take apart and put it in a parts cleaner over night. Or take it to a shop they should be able to do it for about $15.

fst400exrider
02-06-2005, 10:46 AM
when i had to rebuild my blaster, i cleaned the carb completely,cleaned the cylinder and all that,if there was scratches in the cylinder, is there any debris in the bottom or anything, i also had my engine flushed out if that helps? and when u put it all back together you should rub oil in the cylinder and on the piston. mine started right up after all that.

also do you have all the wires together. check again.

when i took mine apart i noticed that there were like 3 of the same colored wires coming from teh same place. thats why i masking taped them togethere so i didnt lose them.

and when you do get that thing started, it will pour out white smoke like no other, its normal. it goes away once you break it in.

nitehk
02-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks. I will try again this weekend and post results.