PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki's KZX400 Tecate-4

yamaha1470
04-30-2002, 04:05 PM
In my new ATV Action it says Kawasaki might come out with a KZX400 Tecate-4, Tecate X-400 and Tecate V-650. Do you think they will?

04-30-2002, 07:17 PM
I don't know.It sounds kind of funny though.I hope they do, because that is my favorite sport quad on this earth!

rc3
05-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Kawasaki and Suzuki are merging, and they are thinking about putting the Z400 out as a KXF 400 and in green. Right now that has not been confirmed but it is a strong possibility with the two joining forces.

05-03-2002, 07:08 PM
yeah isn't dodge and polaris merging too?? im waiting for a v10 scrambler:p

rc3
05-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Well glad to here you think it is a joke, if you have been to any of the Kawasaki or Suzuki sites you could of read about it. But know go ahead and try to be a wise guy!!!

rc3
05-04-2002, 09:09 AM
Well just thought I'd help you a little. This site tells you how there bikes including the Z400 are all gonna be the same parts, just different color plastic. They will still keep both of the motocross bikes seperate though!
Kawasaki and Suzuki merge (http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/readnews.asp?id=494)

Guy400
05-04-2002, 09:42 AM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I know when they initially announced this merger they called it something like "a sharing of R&D". They said although the R&D will be done jointly the products will remain unique. Kinda bums me out that they could share everything except for colors. I was hoping that Kaw released something of there own just to further the sport. Well, maybe if they released a 650 V-twin sport bike they could throw their hand in on the big bore wars.

05-04-2002, 03:03 PM
i apologise for goofin on ya but i honestly thought this was an out of control myth.

i dont normaly check kaw or suz sites because they have been out of the game for so long . untill i see one of those bike in person those brand will kind of be a joke i poke fun at as opposed to a threat i worry about

rc3
05-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Well I am not mad because I am a honda fan and always will be, so Honda needs to get in gear before everyone has something out better than they do.

Leo
05-08-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by rc3
Well I am not mad because I am a honda fan and always will be, so Honda needs to get in gear before everyone has something out better than they do.

the squeeze is on now....

the big question is will Honda step up to the plate..?

Leo

Guy400
05-08-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Leo

the squeeze is on now....

the big question is will Honda step up to the plate..?

Leo Sure, in 2 years :D

05-08-2002, 06:51 AM
I agree with guy,,,there's no doubt in my mind that Honda's gonna come out with a pimp daddy sport quad,,but I think their gonna let Suzuki, Kawi, cannondale, etc all have their thunder for a year or 2 then when everyone gets used to the new quads and the reviews are over,,,,BAM,,,, honda's gonna say ,,,,well looky here what I got..:D I really don't care what it is,,cuz I'll still be dumping money in the 416 still I'm sure..:rolleyes: but I'm anzious to see what it will do to the compitition.:eek:

05-11-2002, 12:56 PM
i bet they are waitin for all the companyies to produce ther 440 ish cc quads, see how good they all are, and what honda will be up against, and then produce one that is better in every feild possible, faster production time dosnt always mean best thing, this is like the turtle and hare story

RideRed04
05-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by GuyLT250R
...Well, maybe if they released a 650 V-twin sport bike they could throw their hand in on the big bore wars...

iviva quadzilla!

Rider#11
06-09-2002, 11:37 PM
kawasaki just came out with the kfx-400 its the same as the z-400 but has black and green plastic and has green shox, go to atvnews.com to find more info.

Nausty
06-10-2002, 12:33 AM
yeah its dumb all they did was change plastic. Yeah I don't think honda should get into a big bore shootout because once you start putting in them big motors you sacrifice handling to put in a quad meaning more weight, less holding ability to the track, better acceleration, better cornering and predicabiltity. So a big bore quad will have to get on the brakes a lot more while you will be able to tape them and go faster through the corners and whatnot and have to start accerlating at a faster speed than the big bore quads so that they have to catch up to the speed your already going and then some just to keep up. I think about the 500cc is as big as they should really go for a 4 stroke mx machine. But by the time they come out with a good quad it would be better for us to just mod everything on our quads handling wise and then get a conversion and try to get a 426f or 450f motor so that we don't take a huge loss when a new quad comes out with the lower resale value and have to start over with the modding. Then this way you got the best of both worlds handling and power wise imho.

DEAL
06-10-2002, 08:35 AM
I saw the Z400 today. Looked pretty good, it looks to be slightly smaller than a raptor. I sat on it and it had a nice feel. I like it, except that it doesn't seem as low and wide as the 400ex does which is what would stop me from buying one. I hear the axle bends easily too, no wonder though it did look kinda small.

As of now there are no perfect high performance machines out there, Hopefully honda will come out with something in the next year or so that makes all the other high performance quads obsolete.