View Full Version : ohio "lime piles" closed?

omaits
02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello Ohio Riders,

I go to the Lime Piles in eastern Ohio alot to ride and play paintball. The last time I went down there, someone piled dirt up along the road where the entrance is. There is no longer any way to get a truck in there.

Getting a quad in is no problem for me because I can park at a relatives and ride down the road, but I was worried they were gonna start arresting people. I have been there before while the cops drove around the lot and left without saying a word. I also heard someone put up barbed wire accross some trails, but havent seen any.

Does anyone know anythign about this? Also, is it safe to keep riding there without fearing legal action?

D-ACTIV8
02-01-2005, 02:36 PM
go to www.ohiomafiariders.com and ask over there, they should know... as far as I know they are still open

omaits
02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks. I checked out their site adn found a thread with basically my same question. For those interested....here is the link:

http://ohiomafiariders.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=720

throwinitup
02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
where are they located? is it good riding? where else do you ride? i live in canton..

omaits
02-02-2005, 06:14 AM
It is an awesome place to ride. I think anyone from the ohio mafia riders can vouch for that. It looks like they do alot of riding there.

The lime piles are located in mingo junction, ohio. It is very close to Steubenville, OH, which is along the Ohio River. The Lime piles are acres of waste lime that was produced as a by product of an abandoned steel mill that is on the premises. (The steel mills are a great place to play paintball too, but that is another topic on another forum.) There are also alot of trails that surround the lime piles because so many people go there. It is, by far, the best place in eastern Ohio that I am aware of.

I usually either ride there or ride in an abandoned coal "strip mine" near my house. I usually try to stay in the eastern part of ohio cause it has alot of hills. I gone to central ohio to ride with my cousin cuase he lives there. It sucks really bad cause it is all flat.

throwinitup
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
ever been to wellsville? its north of stubenville right on the river. is mingo junction north or south of stubenville? id like to go check it out sometime when im at wellsville. they seem like theyre somewhat close. are the lime piles remotley close to route 7?

omaits
02-02-2005, 12:43 PM
It a little south of Steubenville. It would take around 15-20 minutes to get from Steubenville to the lime piles. It is on some serious back roads though, so it's not the easiest place to find.