PDA

View Full Version : U.M. radiator grill and scoops (chity product and service)

hupte
02-01-2005, 09:14 AM
(post has been edited, again)

I am completely happy with u.m. performance. they took good care of me and I will be more than happy to do business again with them in the future.

keep up the good work u.m.

UMRacing
02-01-2005, 09:56 PM
We at UM Performance Products have inspected the installation of our scoop and grill on three LTZ/KFX 400 we have found no rubbing of the radiator on these 3 bikes. (2-03's and 1-04) However one of the units (03 models) is within .125 or 1/8 inch of the radiator. After further inspection, using calipers we measured the distance between the aluminum tabs on the radiator's (All 3 Bikes) and the distance between the mounting tabs on the frames and the distance between the bends on our grill. The welded mounting tabs on the frames varied as much as .1875 or 3/16 of an inch and the radiators varied .125 or 1/8 of an inch and our grill measured .0156 or 1/64 of an inch. The unit (03 bikes) with the grill within .125 or 1/8 of an inch from the radiator, its frame tabs where .1875 or 3/16 of an inch closer together then the other 2 bikes. We used 3 washes, two on the top and one on the bottom as spacers to move the grill mounting tabs out further. This relieved the buckling of the grill caused by the mounting tabs being closer together. Note every bike frame, radiator or even skid plates are not exactly alike. They can very from bike to bike. We as manufactures use jig fixtures during welding or assembly of the products we produce. During the welding process of aluminum or steel the material can move slightly. Factors like machine temperatures, settings, type of welding rod, ambient air temperature or the welding person's experience can effect the final product. To correct this problem we will be providing a foam adhesive tape, 3 washers if needed, 4 shorter bolts that bolt on the scoops (This was a good suggestion these bolts are 1/4 inch longer then they need to be.) and installation instructions advising you the customer if and when to use the washers. We thank you for the information and assistance you provided my staff. We have made changes in our Scoop and Grill hardware package to accommodate for frame and radiator variances.

Sincerely,
Quaility Control Team
UM Performance Products

416mx
02-02-2005, 08:57 AM
So sinch you went and measured, and found that you my need spacers and foam tape, did you help the guy out in the last post?

Syrus
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 416mx
So sinch you went and measured, and found that you my need spacers and foam tape, did you help the guy out in the last post?

UMRacing
02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Yes we have talked with hupte and worked out a solution to his problems.

Flynbryan19
02-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Only after he came on here and publicly listed your lack of customer service or willingness to help him......? And you still don't deny the lack of customer service or willingness to help him......?

Help someone out when you've done wrong...... Not after you've been publically exposed.....

416mx
02-02-2005, 06:18 PM
what he said!!!:eek2:

hupte
02-03-2005, 08:29 AM
I think they will take care of me. Ill let you guys know what happenes

hupte
02-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Im glad that u.m. performance has taken the time to look into my problem and help me out. u.m. gets an A+ from me.

416mx
02-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Tell us what they did for you!:rolleyes: