PDA

View Full Version : Guess what these a-arms are!

seatec
02-01-2005, 07:59 AM
I recently bought what it thought where LSR DC-4 Long travel +2 A-Arms. See picture. At first i thought they re-engineered them because they dont look like anything i have seen on-line.
Since LSR hasnt gotten back to me yet and the person ibought them from has no idea what they are i am wondering iof anybody here knows what they are. They are from LSR and they fit the yfz450 but i dont think they are the +2 then because they do fit the Long travel Elkas i have mounted.
thanx

seatec
02-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Here is what LSR said in an email

"The styles have changed for more clearance and performance.

Thanks
LSR

"

Is it just me or do they look a little flimsy oppose to the old style ones?

465Stroker
02-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Those are the new style LSR's!

LSR usually punches a number on the inside of the upper & lower threaded balljoint boss. If they are plus 2 they will have a 2 on them.

465Stroker
02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
They look stronger & lighters besides the fact of haveing more ground clearance.:)

seatec
02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
Those are the new style LSR's!

LSR usually punches a number on the inside of the upper & lower threaded balljoint boss. If they are plus 2 they will have a 2 on them.

I'll check that tonight. thanx stroker

seatec
02-01-2005, 08:12 AM
now that we are on the subject. any tips on how to approach doing the 4.5 deg camber and caster adjusment for MX?

cdalejef
02-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by seatec

Since LSR hasnt gotten back to me yet and the person ibought them from has no idea what they are i am wondering iof anybody here knows what they are.
thanx A little correction, I told you that they where for sure long travel and the reason that they looked different was because they had probally changed the design. ;)

seatec
02-01-2005, 08:40 AM
after reading what i wrote a correction was definately in order. Did not intend to sound like you don't know what you were doing.

i offer my sinceres apologies:D :devil:

how about answering my second question though. :D

cdalejef
02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by seatec
after reading what i wrote a correction was definately in order. Did not intend to sound like you don't know what you were doing.

i offer my sinceres apologies:D :devil:

how about answering my second question though. :D No worries :D

I've never setup a frontend for MX so I wouldn't be the one to answer that.

dantwo
02-01-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.lsracing.com/installguides.php

Here is a link on how to set up caster and camber..... You will have no worries with this new style. They are stronger then what they where and have more clearance. You will be very pleased with these a-arms, I am sure of it…
Dan @ LSR

QuadRacer041
02-03-2005, 09:05 AM
im not sure exaclt what it is in degres but usually if you us a carpenter square laid against the ground and your tire you want about 5/8" gap at the top.