PDA

View Full Version : building a jump

ridered300
04-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I was wonderin if anybody had any jump building tips? I have a table top that Im gettin about 50 ft. of distance off but only like 6-7 ft of height. If lookin to go higher. Im hitting it in mid fourth to obtain those measurements. Thanks for any help

MadcapEX
04-30-2002, 03:41 PM
If you want height, just make the approach steeper,keep in mind though that this will shorten your jumps so be careful.

Nausty
04-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Do you know how to preload your shocks when your jumping because that can help a lot if you want distance or highth.

BadA$$440
04-30-2002, 05:38 PM
How do u preload your shocks? Can u do it on any jumps?

flying400ex
04-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Jump building is quite easy. You can build all sorts of diffrent lips to go to what kind of jump you want it to be. A mellow lip that is not very steep will send you the distance but not the height the best lip for height that I have found would be a lip that curves up at a steady pace and keeps going until you have a fairly steep lip. But be carfull the first time you hit it because it's easy to build a lip that throws you all messed up. Preloading helps for getting height also. All you have to do is pump with the jump. Push down on the bars to try to compress the shocks as much as possible, also push with you feet. When you get to the top of the jump kind of hop up into the air with the lip. It's harder to preload a jump with a really long takeoff. This will alos affet you distance so watch it that you don't come up short. Good luck