PDA

View Full Version : will 450r front shocks work on a 400ex????

2qk4u
01-31-2005, 08:11 PM
has anyone done this yet?

nosliw
01-31-2005, 08:30 PM
yep. perform a search and you'll find enough info to have you reading all night.

that will be my next suspension upgrade, if i can just stop wasting away my money on other little things all the time....

redrider311
01-31-2005, 08:40 PM
great upgrade.. they actually work better than my works dual rates.. easy to adjust also.. i just bought another pair for my back up bike

markk
02-02-2005, 11:37 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SEARCH!!!!!!! GD!!!!!

I swear i see this exact same post at least 1-3 times every two weeks!

markk
02-02-2005, 11:40 AM
YOur awnser is yes, But they are about 3/4 inch to long, However they do fit the z400/KFX, and they are the right ride hight. But the vavling is wronge, But u can send them to C&D racing and they can rebuild those puppies, Or Santo Derisi rebuilt ILGNCC400EX 450r shocks for a 400ex! and they seem to work pretty good as well!

Vista Cruiser
02-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I just put a set on my 400ex and they feel great. I don't have a lot of time on them yet but I did measure them carefully side by side with the factory shocks and they are a little less than 3/8" longer than stock. I didn't really notice the difference in ride height while I was riding. I'm happy to have a much better shock at an affordable price, I doubt that I'll have to have it revalved for what I need.

muddy400EX
02-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Vista Cruiser
I just put a set on my 400ex and they feel great. I don't have a lot of time on them yet but I did measure them carefully side by side with the factory shocks and they are a little less than 3/8" longer than stock. I didn't really notice the difference in ride height while I was riding. I'm happy to have a much better shock at an affordable price, I doubt that I'll have to have it revalved for what I need.

so did they just bolt right up to the stock mount with no prob? and do they make a big difference from stock? how much did u pay? sorry for all the questions but im thinkin about gettin some of the 450r shocks. it sounds like a good investment!

muddy400EX
02-04-2005, 10:33 PM
and would you happen to have a pic?:)

khen
02-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Here's a pic of mine on the EX.. I rode them all last year and I'm very pleased.

Vista Cruiser
02-07-2005, 09:58 AM
No pics, but what I did was knock out the welded nut that is above the front shocks with a chisel and a hammer and put a 6 mm bolt in from the bottom to hold the fender brace in place. Then I had to grind a little bit on the inside of the upper shock mount bracket on the frame to make room for the upper eyelet of the shocks. You could also probably just bend the small piece straight to clear the shock. So far I have loosened the preload and softened the compression a bit for trail riding.

markk
02-07-2005, 03:27 PM
When we put them on ILGNCC400EX quad, WE just ground down the top of the shock housing, Just a very very little bit, and they slid right in. no need to cut the intire nuts off.

boricua
02-07-2005, 05:34 PM
so where can you get the shocks? and for how much?

khen
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by boricua
so where can you get the shocks? and for how much? Best place to buy them is on the for sale forum on this site.. You can find them on ebay too, but they seem to sell for a bit more on there.