PDA

View Full Version : Quick and cheap

Pappy
01-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Just a small tip for anyone looking for a small improvement over stock.

The stock 450R footpegs are a bit wider then the 400ex and will help give you a slightly better platform.

Maybe someone into go more so then show can save themselves some welding time:p

nosliw
01-31-2005, 08:12 PM
wonder if they'll work with nerf bars designed around stock 400ex pegs?

400exrider707
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
I always thought that they look like they would bolt right up. Cool, although a little late for me since I aleady welded two together:ermm:

Pappy
01-31-2005, 08:16 PM
usually yes, they arent wider just in the front area, but wider overall. i havent seen any nerfs that wouldnt let ya fudge the mount 1/4 inch unless you have the frame gusseted

nosliw
01-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
usually yes, they arent wider just in the front area, but wider overall. i havent seen any nerfs that wouldnt let ya fudge the mount 1/4 inch unless you have the frame gusseted

cool. i'm ordering a set off ebay right now :D

02-01-2005, 12:17 AM
so, u dont have to do ab\nything else?? like some welding?

Pappy
02-01-2005, 05:08 AM
nope just bolt them on

Rico
02-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Good info.....

Zingnut
02-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Yep love mine,

http://www.zingnut.com/Pics/Wheeler/450rpegs.jpg

bolted right up and I just had to cut the tip off the heel gaurd, and spread my stock pegs extenders out.

02-01-2005, 03:13 PM
do they work with nerfs???

Pappy
02-06-2005, 07:25 PM
I finally got some seat time in the 400 with the R pegs. I actually prefer this set up over the IMS pegs I have run in the past. Im not sure if its due to the R pegs not being too wide or the height of this parts swap. I felt much better and can only contribute that to the pegs.

nosliw
02-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I finally got some seat time in the 400 with the R pegs. I actually prefer this set up over the IMS pegs I have run in the past. Im not sure if its due to the R pegs not being too wide or the height of this parts swap. I felt much better and can only contribute that to the pegs.

cool. i just did the paypal thing for the ones i ordered when you started this thread.

now what to do with the old ones........

nosliw
02-11-2005, 06:04 PM
alright got mine in the mail today. took old ones off, lined up new ones, ok, they dont fit. no problem. so i take the nerf back to my garage and spend about 20-30minutes with a mapp-gas torch and hammer. i got the holes of the nerf bar and the peg to line up and take it back to my quad. whoops, now the whole thing is off. i need to move the whole nerf bar assembly up about 1/2 inch. but they are already up as far as they will go; butted up against the bottom of the oil tank. so tomorrow i'm going to take my grinder to the cross part of the nerf bars so i can slide them up another 3/8"-1/2". these are DG fat series alloy nerf bars. kind of dissappointed, i expected a smooth fast bolt on. but i guess not with these nerfs and i'm always up for a challenge.

i'll post again tomorrow if i make any headway.

nosliw
02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
alright,

i got the other side's holes to line up with the nerf bars. i go to put them on and they the whole nerf bar assembly needs to be moved up about 1/2-3/4". i didnt want to cut them because i knew they would lose integrity and would eventually tear. so i bust out the oxyacetelene torch, light the cross bar up and start going to town on it with a hammer. keep in mind i had a huge fight with the girlfriend last night at about 12am so im really taking out my anger on this little piece of metal. i get about 3/8 down into it and realize they are slipping apart, making the brackets not line up on the frame for the ubolts. i manage to get them back together and torque them down to my vise with a 5ft metal breaker bar. i start going at it again and by the time i'm in there 3/4" i realize i broke the welds on the tabs and they came apart. i dont have a welder and i cant get them back together........ then i get the whole thing white hot with the torch and smash it until it's flat. i throw it in the water bucket till it cools off and throw the piece into a field across from my house. i'm finished. i'll be ordering acpropeg nerfs pretty soon and if anyone is interested in stock 450r footpegs (that is if my friend with a 400ex doesnt want them) i'll be letting them go for $20 (i paid $30 with shipping off ebay)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TC426EX
02-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Ill take em for 20 if he dont want em man...