PDA

View Full Version : Gears slipping...

Dannys440
01-31-2005, 07:11 PM
My gears on my 440 are slipping.I dont know if it the clutch fork or the tranny.I have rode in until i cant cause i only go 1 gear(5th). I have been told i is my clutch for or i might be my clutch drum. All I really want to know is where can I get heavy duty gears, and if so how much, if not how much will it cost for stock gears?

Dannys440
02-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Anyone?

mojoe2878
02-02-2005, 03:24 PM
i guess you are talking about the shifter fork and the shifter cam or drum which ever you want to call it. i have seen what is advertised as complete used transmission sets on ebay for a couple hundred, but you take a risk of not getting anything usable from someone on ebay nowadays. if you buy the complete tranny from a dealer its gonna cost you alot, not sure right off how much but it isnt cheap. the best thing to do is split the case and check you shifter drum and forks and see if that is all that needs replacing before you go out and buy gears and all. you may want to leave the work to a reputable shop since once you start taking the fork,drum and gears apart it will need to be reassembled correctly for it to work, and it can be a PITA unless you are just removing the tranny as a whole and putting another whole one in that has all the gears,fork and drum assembled.

Syrus
02-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Dont know much about 440's, but i was told they wear clutches fast, check the clutch before u do any case spliting.