PDA

View Full Version : UM radiator grill and scoops........SUCK

fst400exrider
01-31-2005, 07:10 PM
I got this from my atv club.............

originally when I saw the design I thought it was really cool, a grill and air scoops. but after about 6 months of riding the guards rubbed a bunch of small holes in my radiator.

I called u.m and sent them a a dozen pictures of my grill radiator. then after getting the run around for a couple weeks and missing a couple rides. damien from u.m. called me and told me they wouldnt help me out at all. I asked them why they wouldnt help me out and they simply said "we wont help you because we have sold thousands of the grill and scoops without any problems." I told him that I have a friend of mine that has the same problem but luckily his grill has not rubbed a hole in his radiator yet because he doesn't ride as much as me. I proceeded to tell him that I ride ALOT, at least every weekend, year round, sometimes saturday and sunday in addition to my riding during the week. plus I race hare scrambles, motocross, and ice racing in the winter, all on one quad. I told him I ride more than 90% of the quad riders out there. he told me that he sponsors one racer who has been riding a kfx for 2 years and hasnt had any problems what so ever. I asked if his racer uses a pratice quad? damien said "yea but he doesnt use it all the time."

I then asked if there was any other reason they wouldnt take responsibility for a screwed up product that they manufacture and sell? I asked if there was something wrong with the product? was it made wrong? did I hit something that pushed the grill into the radiator. no, no, no. their only reason for not taking responsibility for their actions is because no one else has had the same problem.

needless to say I'm pissed. not only am I out a $400 radiator but I am also out the price of the grill and scoops. so I recommend to you that you dont do any business with U.M. racing in the future. I know I wont. I am also going to post this message in as many forum boards as possible.

if you have the u.m radiator grill and scoops on your z400 do me a favor. take them off and examine the center of your radiator and grill. look to see if your grill has been rubbing against your radiator. if either of them is even slightly is starting to show signs of chafing wear call u.m. racing right away. and tell them the guy they screwed over sent you. (fyi you have to remove the grill to see if it has been chafing or not.)

u.m. racing's phone # 1-800-761-0225

fst400exrider
02-03-2005, 07:48 PM
anyone that actually read this have any of these problems???

gsxr68
02-03-2005, 08:59 PM
check the z400 forum looks like the guy with the problem has beat you to it and already been taken care of

fst400exrider
02-04-2005, 03:09 PM
yea i kno...............me and him are in the same club..illinoisatvtrailmasters.com.....and i thought i would pass this on........his name is absrio..........