PDA

View Full Version : Four Stroke Tech Sport Class Quad?

countypark
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey Mickey,

Are you running a SPORT CLASS GNCC QUAD this year?

I Heard that Jeremy wasn't running the SPort class.

bradley300
02-01-2005, 07:35 AM
i hope not! so far all but one of the real fast guys in our class has moved, so maybe i'll have a chance

cdalejef
02-01-2005, 08:33 AM
You can relax, Dave won't be hitting all of them again this year.

bradley300
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
woo hoo, theres one mor i dont have to worry about, just got magarva now. anyone know if the jones boy is running in sport class this year? i fought it out with him all year last year

countypark
02-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Bradley,

I hope Magarva moves up also then you and I will have alot better shot at a win. I plan on training for the races this year Brad, so I can give your young butt a little competition.

Can't wait to get out. I'll be starting at Steele Creek, hope to see ya there.

That's cool about Dave, he is super fast.

lt250r91
02-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by countypark
Bradley,

I hope Magarva moves up also then you and I will have alot better shot at a win.

I heard from Dan Dayak (Joey's buddy) that Joey plans to move up to the 2-stroke a/b class this next season. I think he will still be on the blaster just wants to run a different class. If he doesn't like it though he my move back. Not 100% on this yet.

countypark
02-01-2005, 02:31 PM
SWEET :D

bradley300
02-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by lt250r91
I heard from Dan Dayak (Joey's buddy) that Joey plans to move up to the 2-stroke a/b class this next season. I think he will still be on the blaster just wants to run a different class. If he doesn't like it though he my move back. Not 100% on this yet.

hell yeah! might get some wood this year besides my annual 5th place, lol

250EXstud
02-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Yes i do believe Jake Jones will be running the sport class again. However I do not know how many races he will make .

countypark
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I hope he does run. WE will have a good group of fairly evenly matched racers out there this year.

bradley300
02-03-2005, 07:28 AM
yep, sounds like it will be some good racin this year. not a total blowout every race with those 380ex's:blah:

countypark
02-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Brad,

Do you think JB and Dustin were running 380's?

Mickey told me JB had a 345 and Dustin told me he had the same engine as Jeremy.

I think they were just really fast racers cause I could almost always pull the holeshots with them two. They never blew me off until we got in the woods.

And Joey had the holeshot all the time on his Blaster, and you know what you can do with them.

I think them guys were just way faster then us, on whatever they were sitting on.

ps. Harlen told me about your upcoming Blaster reviews, very cool.

bradley300
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
dustin piggot had his motor for quite a while b4 jeremy had his and i believe he really had a 350 or smaller. i also know my 350cc 300ex could run with dustin, but jeremy could smoke both of us in a straight line. just sounds a little fishy and i wasnt the only one who thought so. and i'm not saying anything about jeremy, seemed like a nice guy to me. but unless he built his motor, he dosent really know what could be in it and mickey wanted to beat dave. i also dont want to take anything away from JB, he won by so much that the xtra cc wouldnt have matterd anyway, its just the principle behind it. if he was out running everybody in the open feilds to win by mere seconds, there would have been protest, but that wasnt the case

Quad Racer 600
02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Ya Joey is my buddy, im pretty sure hes going to 2sk a/b on his blaster. Im looking forward to watch him in that class on a blaster :macho :D

bradley300
02-04-2005, 08:43 PM
i bet he puts more than a few 250r's to shame in that class. he ran mid A times when he was in sport. and that was with stock suspension, i assume he has some mods on that by now

Mickey Dunlap
02-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
dustin piggot had his motor for quite a while b4 jeremy had his and i believe he really had a 350 or smaller. i also know my 350cc 300ex could run with dustin, but jeremy could smoke both of us in a straight line. just sounds a little fishy and i wasnt the only one who thought so. and i'm not saying anything about jeremy, seemed like a nice guy to me. but unless he built his motor, he dosent really know what could be in it and mickey wanted to beat dave. i also dont want to take anything away from JB, he won by so much that the xtra cc wouldnt have matterd anyway, its just the principle behind it. if he was out running everybody in the open feilds to win by mere seconds, there would have been protest, but that wasnt the case

So you think Four Stroke Tech would cheat to win the sport class, sore looser.:rolleyes:

bradley300
02-06-2005, 09:11 AM
i amfar from being a sore loser, they would have beat me with stock motors, its just the principle. 350 needs to be 350. i am also not the only one who thinks jeremy's motor was overbuilt but like i said, i wouldnt blame jeremy unless he measured the bore/stroke him self. there are many i have talked to that said the wouldnt be suprised a bit if the four stroke tech quad was bigger than its supposed to be

ATV403
02-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I bought both of Jeremy's 300's and all of his spare parts. He give me a brand new set of rings that are in a unopened box. He has written on the outside of the box 345cc 300EX. The sticker says 82.00 mm ring set. If you do the math which I am not that good at I come up with 345.9cc. It has a stock crank no stroker, so thats 65.5 mm x 82mm bore = 345.9.

Mickey Dunlap
02-06-2005, 02:26 PM
That must mean FST builds a better motor. After all you said you could not keep up with him in the feilds, right.

bradley300
02-06-2005, 04:46 PM
i had very mild porting and and 11:1 compression, jeremey has heavy port work and a 13:1 piston. of course he is going to have more power. but, build similar motors and i would put my quad title on the line saying that gthunders work will be faster and more reliable.

the guy says he has jeremys bikes and they are 345cc, i got no reason to think he's lying so i will admit that i, along with others, were wrong

Mickey Dunlap
02-06-2005, 04:56 PM
So what you are still saying is FST built a better motor than yours, right or wrong.

ATV403
02-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Mickey said Jeremy's compression is 12:1. This quad is still for sale if you guys know any one that is interested. It is in very nice shape.

bradley300
02-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by v-twin
So what you are still saying is FST built a better motor than yours, right or wrong.
Faster does not mean better, sounds like you have alot to learn.
i wanted a more reliable quad with less compression so i didnt have to run pump gas.

ATV403, you may want to have mickey double check his records, he has posted on this site that it is a 13:1. how many quads did jeremy race? i know he had a 330 at the start of the season-that may have been the 13:1 quad but i was sure he said he built a 345 with a 13:1 piston. could be wrong tho

countypark
02-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Mickey builds a Kick'in Engine.

I believe it was a 345cc. He wasn't that fast in the fields. The only time I remember him blowing me off was up the first hill at the wisp, which tells me he had more power plus a properly jetted carb. I would alway lose him in the woods in the woods(him way out front). He could ride right by me in the woods.

Mickey Dunlap
02-06-2005, 06:35 PM
[
[B]Faster does not mean better, sounds like you have alot to learn.

I have alot to learn? Seems you do! Looking at this thread and what has been said, you started trashing FST and calling them cheaters only after 3 days had passed and it apppeared that Mickey wasn't going to answer on here. Then, and only then, do you come out and start talking trash. I don't know who bought Jeremy's machine, but it appears he knows what he is talking about and if it was bigger than it was supposed to be, he probably would have come on here and stated that. Seems you have a little maturing to do. What do your sponsors think about you coming on here and doing this? Maybe Jeff would like to come on a speak a few words about how to conduct yourself on here. From what I have read in ATV Insider, FST has one of the biggest and best teams out there so the only thing I can think of is that you are a sore loser and are jealous of that team - just my thoughts anyway.

ATV403
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
The 12:1 is what I read in a post from Mickey on here during the middle of the season. I never asked Jeremy what it was. He only raced the one quad the other one he had was pretty much all stock.

bradley300
02-06-2005, 08:40 PM
[
[B]Faster does not mean better, sounds like you have alot to learn.

I have alot to learn? Seems you do! Looking at this thread and what has been said, you started trashing FST and calling them cheaters only after 3 days had passed and it apppeared that Mickey wasn't going to answer on here. Then, and only then, do you come out and start talking trash. I don't know who bought Jeremy's machine, but it appears he knows what he is talking about and if it was bigger than it was supposed to be, he probably would have come on here and stated that. Seems you have a little maturing to do. What do your sponsors think about you coming on here and doing this? Maybe Jeff would like to come on a speak a few words about how to conduct yourself on here. From what I have read in ATV Insider, FST has one of the biggest and best teams out there so the only thing I can think of is that you are a sore loser and are jealous of that team - just my thoughts anyway.

i have stated my opinon, along with the opinion of several fellow racers. the new owner of the quad set me straight, i apologise for being wrong and dragging jeremy benson thru the mud. that was not my intent. so i am done. i am by no means a sore loser, i have stated in many threads that benson and others can beat me regardless of there mods.
i am not jealous of anyone and i think anyone on this and other sites would say that i am an open minded level headed person. the only reason i brought this up now was the fact that the 04 season is over. during the season, jeremy was killing all of us and if i was right about his motor being to big, i didnt want to get him in any trouble because he was beating us so bad anyway that the xtra cc wouldnt have made a difference, only ruined his season.
as for waiting for mickey to respond, PLEASE. i could care less what mickey dunlap thinks of me not to mention he hasnt posted on here in at least 2 months anyway that i have seen. i have never had one of his motors and quite frankly i dont want one. anybody that will take thier head out of a magazine will probably tell you gthunder is a better builder. but i could care less, i'm not running FST or GThunder this year. i have conducted myself as profesionally as i can with the exception of the first 380ex post which honestly i didnt think would get much attention in the first place. like i said, i'm done. if you would like to berrate me with reasons why i'm jealous of "team FST" go ahead, but me, nor anyone else on this site is really that interested

Mickey Dunlap
02-06-2005, 09:57 PM
So what is it about FST that makes you talk trash. You never done anything with him, and he never did anything to you, so why talk this way about something you had no facts on. Don't you think before you open your mouth. This is someone living you are talking about. You say your sorry to JB but don't care about FST. I think everyone see's you for what you are.

bradley300
02-07-2005, 06:49 AM
the way mickey has acted on this site is most of the reson i dont like him. he does have some good info, but seems to have alot of snide remarks and rude coments to go along with it. if i was running a business, i would try to put off that i'm the nicest guy around.there are also things from the past that have happened-not to me, but people i know, that will keep me away from him.

also the way other racers talk about FST, i have found more people that have negative thing to say, than those that can say positive. in fact, i wasnt even the one who orignally brought up him building an overbuilt motor in the sport class. i had always thought it might be a little too big but never said anything because like i said, he was killing me it wouldnt have made a difference. another racer mentioned he thought it was too big, 2 in that group of 3 agreed it probably was, and i have mentioned it to 2 other racers who said they would not be suprised if it was. i wouldnt send my motor to anyone who people talk about like that. try to find anyone who will say 1 bad thing about gthunder. you will be searching for quite a while.having the nickname one lap dunlap dosent help either. i know that nickname was from years ago, but something like that sticks in my mind when i'm wondering who to send a motor and 1500 bucks to.

Mickey Dunlap
02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Everything you have said is," I know someone said this and I know someone that said that" BUT YOU HAVE NEVER HAD A PRPBLEM RIGHT. This is gossip and that is probably why he dosen't get on here anymore. The problem I have is everyone of them (including yourself) WAS WRONG! Now you come on here trying to justify yourself based on GOSSIP.

bradley300
02-07-2005, 07:28 AM
i have never had a problem with anything from mickey because- they way he acts on this site, the way he has treated those i know (not just overhearing a conversation where i cant get the facts) the nickname dosent help either. i havent had a probelm with him because i learned to stay away in the first place and quite frankly, i found a better builder with less wait time, lower prices, better customer service more reliable and when built equaly, a faster motor. geuss what, ALOT of advertising is he-said she said. its called word of mouth! like i said, go find somebody to say anything negative about laz or his company GThunder. there are people that will say bad things about mickey, yes your right, he said she said. it may not be totally true but its out there for a reason.

Mickey Dunlap
02-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Did you ever talk to Mickey about the so called facts, or did you just here one side of the story. Is that the american way,is that the way we put people in jail, one side of the story.

bradley300
02-07-2005, 08:00 AM
i have seen the quad in question of on incident that happened quite a while ago, it does not look good from mickeys work. thats all i will say, it was not my issue and is a private legal matter between FST and the other person involved. when others have brought it up, he has refused to speak about it. along with his cocky and some times smart@$$ attitude, i personly just dont like him.and b4 this thread , his comments to me, or lack there of has made it clear that i'm not his favorite person either. not everyone likes everybody.

as for the whole 380ex thing. when people are extremely fast riders or on unusally fast machines, there will be questions. it happened to doug gust last year after he smoked thru 7 wins and happened to tim farr yesterday after 1 race weekend. not that i was even trying to be rude, may hva ecome out that way and if it did, i'm sorry. protest is there to keep everyone in the rules. i had a legitimate complaint, as well as a popular one, i saidd what i thought, and i have been proven wrong. sorry for being wrong but not sorry for wondering if i was right. i'm honestly glad i was wrong, it makes me feel better about racijng agaoinst his teams quads in my class. obviously, he can build a fast motor, faster than i thought. i said all i need to, i have defended my self and answered all of your questions, which really i didnt have to, so i'm done defending my self, see you at the races. sport class number 812, black and red blaster

Mickey Dunlap
02-07-2005, 08:25 AM
So you are wrong, you have an axe to grind with Mickey so you tried to trash him. Your facts where wrong just as they are with the "other guys" quad. You listened to one side of a story again and didn't talk to Mickey yourself, so you convicted him. I don't where common sense comes from, or why some people have it and others don't. Maybe you get it when your older and mature.

bradley300
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
i didnt say i have an axe to grind, i opersonly just dont like him, i am however not out to trash him. :rolleyes: if it was LRD ir TC racing that built the motor, i still would have been suspicious, its a VERY FAST motor. good for him, he built a motor faster than i thought he could.

your starting to sound alot like mickey your self

Mickey Dunlap
02-07-2005, 08:45 AM
That's because I am Mickey! This was an experiment to see how far people would go talking trash if they thought I wasn't on here to see what was being said. I have been around and around about this kind of stuff where "he said, she said" and not one single time has there been any truth to what has been said by gossip. I did tell you I want Dave McCaro to get on here himself and tell everyone his side of the story. It is so much BS and you believe it because he said so. The facts are Dave and I 10 years ago went into a business venture with the IRS bike. The guy that was building it took forever. It was out of my hands. After the bike was just about finished, Dave wanted his bike back. He knew the bike was going to be in pieces, it was going to be cut in half, because that's was had to be done to install the kit and basically he was going to get a pile of junk back but that's what he wanted. End of story - let's hear your version Dave. I'm calling you out - I'm tired of this crap.

bradley300
02-07-2005, 09:01 AM
i thought that was you mickey. like i said, i am sorry i was wrong. i didnt want to say anything during the season for fear that i could be right and ruin jeremy's season. like i also said, wow, you built a heeluva fast motor, congrats, i didnt think there was anyway it could be a 345, but i have been proven wrong. i said i'm sorry, end of story

you are coorect in geussing about the dave story i was talking about. i didnt want to come out and talk about it b/c simply it wasnt my business, i said enuff to get my point across and stopped there.

your right, there is alot of heresay out there, but in all the lies there is some truth. bad words dont spread about people that havent done bad things.

so since we know who your are, how bout you answer the first question, will you have a sport class quad this year?

Mickey Dunlap
02-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I didn't do anything bad to Dave. He pulled out of a project we went in on. When you pull out of a deal in the middle of it you loose. I lost $20,000 in that project, he got a quad back in a pile. Who lost more here. Gee, it's starting to sound a little different now isn't it!

I wasn't going to put any one in that class, but now I have a pro-am rider that needs a ride, so YES I AM!

bradley300
02-07-2005, 09:28 AM
on a 300ex i assume,or a raptor350? pro am rider in b class, sounds like you really want to give your riders a challenge.

countypark
02-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Way to go Brad. P'off the competition.

Looking forward to racing against the FST quad this year. Curious about the quad also, Raptor or 300EX?

It would be good to see a Raptor out there.

I've got a FST 330 Piston and I am super happy with it. Like I said earlier, my quad COULD run with JB in the fields but his ability in the trails killed me.

bitd racer
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Mickey, Mickey,Mickey, somethings (people) never change. You were misleading everyone, pretending to be someone else while you defended your business practices, then you later admitted "This is Mickey" If you have notheing to hide, why were you pretending to be someone else??? You called me out so I hear (someone sent the link to me) This is an old issue but since I have been officially "called out" here are just a few of the facts:1.You and I never had a business venture of any kind.2 True the guy at triple A did take a long time. 3. you claim that I pulled the plug on the project before it was done. NOT TRUE as you and everyone else that read the magazine test will recall the bike was completed and sent to calif. for testing. 4.I never agreed to getting my perfect cond. 250R back, cut in half. You stated I wanted to get a pile of junk back. I think you probably lost all of your credability on this issue with that statement.5. I had to sue you in your hometown before you would return my "R".(this is a matter of public record, I still have a copy of the suit.)Thanks for the "call out" my afternoo0n was otherwise kind of boring..............

countypark
02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Boy, I never thought this post would turn into a Mickey Dunlap bashing post, I just wanted to know if he was going to have a quad in the Sport class.

Sorry

If you want to put a SPORT class quad under your tent I'd be willing. It just needs a little FST love.

Rico
02-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Dis is gettin good...

02-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I guess there have yet to be any BIG stock class arguements this year SO why not follow a sport class one. as far as mickey bashing. what ever floats your boat. personally I have never ran anything of his, nor do I know anyone that has. So as far as I am concerend I have no idea if his stuff is good or not. But yes this is a very intertaining thread.

Mickey Dunlap
02-09-2005, 09:37 PM
#1 You never took me to court. #2 You had your quad back before I got anything from you. And you knew that the rear end had to be cut off in order to get it back. We both lost in this, and I lost waaaaaaaaaaay more than you. You even went behind my back trying to cut me out of my own deal by trying to buy the project from Triple-E. Talk about back stabing! The good thing was you didn't have to pay the $15,000 out of your pocket. A $600 frame and a few other parts and you were good to go. I kept seeing this come up, I wanted it out , so everyone would hear both sides.I had fun with being someone eles on here and playing with Bradley, but there is no hiding my style. Hold them to the flame till the truth comes out!:D I did nothing to wrong you. You made the decision to do what you did, and as a result of that you got what you got. The blame game. Now everyone can think what they want. It happens everytime, a one sided story gets told by someone and everyone takes it as truth. :rolleyes:

Mickey Dunlap
02-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Dis is gettin good...

You miss me don't you Rico.:blah:

Mickey Dunlap
02-09-2005, 10:47 PM
One more thing Dave, you know that the quad only lasted about 20 min. at the magazine test. It broke 2 times more after that.I had to changed it all around with the new 250r I had to get to finnish the project. So much for being finnished:rolleyes:

Rico
02-10-2005, 07:13 AM
You miss me don't you Rico.:blah:

Yes I do Mickey. Your posts are great and very fun to read...:D

Be on the look out for a call from me soon....:eek: It'll be harmless so don't be skeeeeeert.

Mickey Dunlap
02-10-2005, 07:28 AM
I knew you did.lol Try calling on Fridays, the phones slow down then otherwise you won't get though without speed-dail. It's not going to get any easyer, I'm running a 8 page ad in Dirt wheels in about a week. That with the article in ATV Rider and ATV Insider I might have over exposed myself a bit.:cool:

bitd racer
02-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Mickey, your intregity speaks for itself.

trict_out
02-10-2005, 06:45 PM
its not my place to say this but it sounds a little immature to do that if u ask me?:( i mean mickey damn...pretendin to be someone else?

Mickey Dunlap
02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bitd racer
Mickey, your intregity speaks for itself.

Thank you.