PDA

View Full Version : crf ignition problems

400rider01
01-31-2005, 06:29 PM
I just installed the crf ignition in my bike and i got it up and running for about minute and then it quit and now i dont have any spark. I checked the kill switch and it is ok. But when i took the side case back off it looked like the flywheel was rubbing on the bottom of the stator piece? (not sure what it is called) Does anyone know what might cause this, should i bend the bracket or what? any advise would be a help thanks

dn1911
01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
if it is the bracket i think your talking about, drill the two mounting holes out to a larger size then mount it flush with the case. i think the holes need to be about a 1/4 inch.

can you post a pic of where it is rubbing?

RedRacer44
01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
You did get the adapter to make the flywheel fit right, correct? I know with the CRF Ignition kit JH Racing sells, you have to get the adapter to make it fit correctly.

JH has put this mod on both of his race bikes and on a few other quads....he could answer your questions.

(918)371-0101, Ask for Johnny

macsolocam
02-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Yeah, Give JH a call but you will have to wait til Feb. 8th to get ahold of him....he left for nationals this morning.

I just picked up my quad from him last night....He got me ready for another season, and did it in record time.

I got my AC front and rear bumper, frame, and lower A-arms, swingarm powdercoated black....my upper A-arms, steering stem, motor mounts, and subframe powdercoated liquid chrome. The liquid chrome turned really well...as with the rest of the work.

He also did the crf ing, new rings for my piston, adjusted the valves and a little tlc to alot of little things. I am very pleased with the work he has done. Cant wait to try it out!!

I will have some pictures up soon as I get my new plastic.....you guys will have to see this!!

>>>>>>macsolocam's trx450r revisited........coming soon....

kazpr
02-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Heya aaron ya when I was there picking up my frame and motor I saw your bike! Did you get your rear shock figured out what you were going to do to it?
Nice bike I really like those updog # plates! Nice touch :)

outacontrol31
02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
i had just put the ingnition in my quad, along with a piston, cam, vavles, rev box, and at first it wouldn't start, it got me worried but then i checked for a spark, and no spark, so i called johnny and found out that i had flipped over the stator over to get the wires to extend out of the case right, but i figured out it wouldn't run like that, so i just pulled the wires out of the traingle thing farther, and flipped the stator over like it was supposed to be, and it started first kick, also at first we put mine together but it wouldn't run because apparently the esr plates that mount the stator to the case were deffective so i had to wait for the newly machined one, and it all came together and is now a beast!!!!

thanks johnny for a motor that rips my arms off!!!!!