PDA

View Full Version : Axis Or Pep???

oj250r
01-31-2005, 06:01 PM
what do yall think i should get cause i have been leaning toeward some axis for some time now but i have been finding some good deals on some pep's....what do yall think???

there gonna be long travel....

thanks

dsracer666
01-31-2005, 06:41 PM
PEP, but you can't go wrong either way!

cdalejef
02-01-2005, 08:31 AM
If I had to choose between those two, I'd choose the Axis from past experience. Just remember if you buy used you will need to send them off to have them changed to your setup.

QuadRacer041
02-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
If I had to choose between those two, I'd choose the Axis from past experience. Just remember if you buy used you will need to send them off to have them changed to your setup.

yes he is right, unless you are lucky enough to find a set already set up for what you need which is rare, buy the time you get them setup for yourself you could almost have brand new ones.

sprtrx300ex
02-01-2005, 04:41 PM
A-X-I-S !!!!!

rollie
02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
im with Lane on this one.....i like PEP and they come set up for you so you dont have to tune them like axis....

alot of people dont like the wait for PEP's...i say quality takes time :D

JDiablo
02-01-2005, 06:22 PM
im about to sell my Elkas and give Axis a try maybe....are Axis really any better then Elkas or nO?

QuadRacer041
02-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
im about to sell my Elkas and give Axis a try maybe....are Axis really any better then Elkas or nO?

boy here we go,,,,you just opened a can a worms man.
im not saying anything this time:D

cdalejef
02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
im about to sell my Elkas and give Axis a try maybe....are Axis really any better then Elkas or nO? Nope

dsracer666
02-01-2005, 07:47 PM
I have talked to over 100 diffrent people about this subjuct. this is what I have come away with!

it doesent matter what shock you buy works to axis, if its not set up right it will not perform right! most people just buy there shock, put them on and ride! that it! shock don't come dieled in, they come set up for close to your weight and riding style, but not perfect.

if you know how to set up suspension for your self than it doesen't matter what you get, they will all work great.

JDiablo
02-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
boy here we go,,,,you just opened a can a worms man.
im not saying anything this time:D

lol yea yea :p

R3Concepts
02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
PEP hands down, but Axis are good shocks.

sprtrx300ex
02-02-2005, 04:20 AM

Yes, i have had both, and I deffinitly think Axis is better.

QuadRacer041
02-03-2005, 08:56 AM
ive had both and both are excelant shocks.from what people have told me they say the axis is more an mx shock and the pep is a better shock if you like getting big air.has something to do with the way they are valved.ive had 3 sets of peps on 3 differnt quads ive owned in the past and have used them for mx and big air and i think they were awsome.i just got a set of axis for a new bike i built and have had axis on my xc bike for over a year now and i think there great too.right now axis has about 3-4 wait time for builds and baldwin is running about 6-7 weeks.
i can tell you that axis is pretty good when it comes to giving you and honest anwser about turn around times.
either way you wont be disapionted.

TC426EX
02-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Both are excellent top of the line shocks, but Id go with the PEP if you can find a set or wait for new ones. Like Ive said before, somehow Ive managed to get great service and short wait times from PEP every time, and Ive bought 3 complete sets over the years. Bottom line is that PEP or AXIS, no matter which you choose will be a top performing shock as long as its setup for you and your riding style...