PDA

View Full Version : what to do to a new quad

js3350z
01-31-2005, 02:47 PM
what to do to a new 400ex

I am getting a 400ex pretty soon, and am going to a "HIGH VOLUME DEALER SHIP" they are selling a s***load of quads and bikes out of there

so i suspect that they look over a few things, just to keep up with sales

so what should I do befor I go out riding with it?

the 2004ex are OTD $4300 :eek2:

this saves $900 to buy parts:cool:

Thanks

js3350z
02-04-2005, 08:48 PM
come on, no body can help?

khen
02-04-2005, 09:03 PM
What kind of riding do you do?

I'd get a good slip on exhaust, UNI filter, jets for jetting, nerf bars and some new front shocks. Make sure to adjust you're throttle cable so that it's opening the carb all the way, most of them come out of adjustment from the dealer so you won't have full power.

ZQ8Dude
02-04-2005, 10:12 PM
i got that very same price on mine :)

my recomendation? split that 900 between a full set of gear(most dealers offer "packages for like 250" then add nerfs and shock boots. and leave it be until broken in

tryken
02-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by khen
What kind of riding do you do?

Make sure to adjust you're throttle cable so that it's opening the carb all the way, most of them come out of adjustment from the dealer so you won't have full power.

How do check this?

js3350z
02-05-2005, 07:57 AM
I already have riding gear from my ttr (even though it is blue it will still get the job done) :D

there is nothing to check over on the bike (besides throttle cable) all the dirtbike guys (well atleast the ones who are real serious about maintenance) strip the bike down and greese everything, and some other stuff)

you don't have to do any of that with a quad?

khen
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by tryken
How do check this? The way I adjusted mine was I adjusted the cable until I could hear that the slide in the carb is hitting the top rather than the thumb throttle is hitting the stop. So you should hear a click in the carb but not the thumb throttle assembly when you open it wide. You then want to make sure it didn't increase the idle speed with the handlebars centered and it doesn't rev when you turn the bars in either direction, if it does you adjusted it out to much.