PDA

View Full Version : new tire installation

400EXracer74
01-31-2005, 02:35 PM
is there anytype of bead glue or something to help the tires hold air better. i have had lots of problems in the past with air leaking out of the bead.

400exrider707
01-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Not implying anything but this goes for everyone........ dont use screwdrivers when taking tires off or putting tires on! Either use spoons, or have them put on at your local tire shop!

400EXracer74
01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
that doesnt answer my question but its good to know

dirt308
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Just clean the inside of the rim really good sometimes with sand paper or a wire brush if there is any rust or anything. Make sure that the little rubber things on the new tire from the molds don't get caught between the rim and the tire they could cause leaks. I've never heard of a bead glue but i haven't ever looked into it.

buckshot
01-31-2005, 07:38 PM
i just had two old tires fixed at the local tire shop they are from my old garden atv trailer. they were leaking real bad from around the rim or bead as you call it and they fixed them just fine they have this sealer they put on and it stops the leak first they clean it real good and then put this sealer on the rim and put the tire back on. i never thought they would be able to stp the leaking because of the rust etc. but they did. try taking them to a tire shop

motoboy66
02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
They make a bead sealler. I bought someat Auto Zone. I have used it with good results. It has made tires hold air that otherwise would not. i do have to reapply it ocasionally though about every 3 months. Better than buyying new wheels.

JRDrider22
02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
take the rim off the hub...put a hole can of fix a flat in the tire thats low and roll it on spin it.. so the slime gets everywhere

400exrider707
02-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Not implying anything but this goes for everyone........ dont use screwdrivers when taking tires off or putting tires on! Either use spoons, or have them put on at your local tire shop!

I only say that because the tires that my buddy used to put on with screwdrivers would always leak air even though they looked like they would still hold air. I finally got him to use the spoons and low and behold no more leaks!!!