View Full Version : wichita kansas area

maynard22
01-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Is anybody in the wichita area going to be riding this weekend up there, I am thinking about going up to wichita for a friends b-day and was wanting to ride, but don't know of any places up there.

zephead400ex
01-31-2005, 12:11 PM
DAMN! This is the 2nd time a member been around my area to ride, and I have all kinds of sh*t to do! To be honest, there really isn't many places to ride around here except private land.

At Jeeps, there is a track but to ride you must be a member or go with someone who is a member. In my hometown, Winfield, there is a track, Platter Hill in which you can ride for like $5 on Sundays. The place is pretty cool, but only open on Sundays:ermm:

Have any dune trips planned?

maynard22
01-31-2005, 12:17 PM
As far as dune trips go I am ready and willing to go to the dunes anytime somebody asks me, so if you want to go, lets do it.
Is that just an mx track there in winfield or are there trails also? have you ridden that other mx track in wichita? how does it compare to the track in winfield?

zephead400ex
01-31-2005, 12:38 PM
I haven't ridden at Jeeps in Wichita. The track is pretty good size, compared to Winfield, and has quite a few doubles and a good size triple. The track in Winfield is just mx, no trails. There are a few jumps but nothing to bigor too difficult.

ledofthezep and I are wanting to hit the dunes soon, finances are the issue!:D But, were looking at probably sometime in Feb, hopefully!

maynard22
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Hit me up with a pm when you decide about the dunes and i will meet you guys there. i heard there is another track besides jeeps in wichita that is like $10 per bike per day, it is over on 61st street somewhere. jeeps you have to have a yearly membershp there to ride i think thats like a $100 or something. with the weather forecasted to be so nice, i might just be staying here in oklahoma where we actually have some places to ride.

Kansas T
01-31-2005, 06:48 PM
You can ride for free at the river in Hutchinson. Its about 45 minutes north west of Wichita. There are decent trails there, but nothing like Waynoka.