PDA

View Full Version : Southern Indiana Spurgeon/Interlake Info -- Good News and Bad News

jcsact
01-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Here is the Bad News:
Interlake/Spurgeon will not reopen on February 1st, 2005 and will not reopen until it is a full functioning State Riding Area. :(

The Good News is:
We are going to get a STATE RIDING AREA and it will not be closed for Fish and Wildlife. Also we will get to help make Interlake what we want it to be. That also means you work you get to ride. ;) After the days work is done first.

They are planning on having an Open Forum Meeting @ 10:00am March 5th at the Sugar Ridge Fish and Wildlife Main Office to hear what you have to say about this up coming project. I urge everyone that can attend please do to let them know they have our support and to also tell them what is important to you in a riding area.

Basically the rules that are in place now will remain that way until the gates open... i.e. No Camping, No Motorized Vehicles, & No Equestrian. The reclaimation work will not be taking place right away but they hope to get it started ASAP. Which every one knows the state generally doesn't work too fast.

The meeting was very informative and they let us know a lot of what is going on. I will try to answer any questions you may have as clearly as we(Mudcat/JoeDirt) possibly can but please make sure you read the whole thread because someone might have already asked the same question you are wanting an answer to. And I don’t want to have to answer the same question over and over.

The actual dates they are looking to open has not been set but pretty sure it will not be reopen to the public until 2007. The reason they are not letting us on the property even though they are not doing reclaimation work at this time is because they have State Board of Health concerns and Liability Insurance issue they don’t want to mess with until a Management Plan is established.

If you have any question please go to Lincoln Country Trail Riders (http://www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1589&view=findpost&p=36628) and we (I am JoeDirt on our site) will try to answer them the best I can. The meeting was attend/directed by some key people from the state of Indiana. Please also post your questions on LCTR so we can keep all the info in one place.

Thanks
Justin (aka JoeDirt, Jcsact)

jcsact
02-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Here are a list of the poeple that attended the meeting.

Attendees:
IDNR:
Ed Theroff, Division of Fish and Wildlife
Steve Herbert, Division of Reclamation
Dave Parker, Division of Fish and Wildlife – Sugar Ridge
Lt. Scotty R. Wilson, Law Enforcement
Emily Kress, Director, Division of Outdoor Recreation
Nila Armstrong, Division of Outdoor Recreation

Warrick County Recreational Development:
Tom Hartman, President Warrick County Recreational Development Corp.
Justin Sawyer, ATV representative
Greg Harris, ATV representative
Alan Lane, Four Wheel Drivers

Indiana Four Wheel Association:
George Thomas
Nancy Thomas

Just some FYI. They should have a web site set up within the next week (hopefully) that have the actual minutes from the meeting posted.
Thanks

jcsact
02-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Here is the DNR official website.

Interlake DNR Website (http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/interlake/index.htm)

jcsact
03-01-2005, 02:49 PM
March 5th Meeting At Sugar Ridge Fish and Wildlife Main office. 9:00am CST.