PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Plastic

BIGRED400
04-30-2002, 12:54 PM
What is good for plastic maintenance???I have used Black Magic and Honda Polish that is real good but too much cash!!!

JustRace
04-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Since my plastic looks like crap i don't really care, but everyone else seems to love mop and glow.

MR.EX-TREME
04-30-2002, 03:04 PM
I JUST BUY ARMOR ALL IN THE LITTLE PULL OUT WIPE DISPENSER
AND WIPE IT DOWN WITH THEM AND THEN POISH IT OFF WITH A DRY SOFT CLOTH....IVE TRIED EVERTHING ELSE THIS JUST SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME AND ITS CHEAP AND AFTER YOU GET IT TREATED GOOD THE MUD WASHES OFF EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL AND ITS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS ON 4X4 S WITH THE CAMO PAINT JOBS LIKE MY FOOLARIS-LOL:devil

05-01-2002, 11:44 AM
I use a mixture of baby oil and melted butter and it keeps my plastics shining and when i hit the occaasional mud hole the mud seems to slide right off!!
Good Luck

400exRacerX
05-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Yeah,,, but any oil based product attracts dust like crazy! So if its a dry day at the track or in the trails within 10 minutes your quad will look like a dust magnet!

JabberJaw
05-01-2002, 02:01 PM
I have tried everything you can think of and the Mop N Glow is the best... Don't even bother with anything else.. it may shine but does not last as long.

stocktires
05-03-2002, 09:35 PM
I use armor all, but dont wipe it off, i leave alot one and i tell you what, its looks way better than fullbore, who cares what ur bikes looks like after its dirty! First impression is everything, and the plastic still shines all day! People will be in awe, it covers almost every scratch! evern those big patches where ur boots rub! When im riding i dont care what my bike lookes like cuz people are looking at your when riding, they look at the bike when it rolls of ther trailer. And when you riding do you ever say, man i wish my bike was cleaner right now? Well, i dont! lol

-=Skot=-
05-03-2002, 10:52 PM
i use STP sun of a gun plastic protectant, it works good but is oily and attracts the dust as well

iceman2488x
05-04-2002, 02:21 PM
i have tried stp son of a gun,armorall and everything ....last time i bought cleaning supplies i spent 40 bucks but i was gonna try everything...and i like this stuff that you use for tires....i forgot the name but it was beside black magic and looked the same and was a dollar cheaper.....its made by turtle wax..you spray it on a clean,dry finish "use sparingly" then wait about 10 mins and wipe it with a towel "i use those blue shop towels that come on a roll they work 10x better than paper towels........dont wipe all the way off kindof go over it and it does super good!!!!!!way better than armorall or stp son of a gun "which i used for a year",this stuff covers up bad places and would be excellent for a picture hehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

==========================================

99 400ex k&n filter,lonestar hubs,smith grips,dg nerfs,dg crome lite exhaust,dg bumper,shredder rear tires,one of those little bobblehead dogs that you get for a car behind my front bumper:devil :devil ....soon to come black plastic,renthal bars,realtor rear and razr front tires,and this winter powdercoated frame and a-arms

98 300ex bandit rear tires,lonestar axle carrier,k&n filter,scott grips.....soon to come SOLD lol

89 warrior,"my dads",k&n filter,crome grab bar,wooly booger rear tires....soon to come 02 blue plastic
:devil :devil

redzoomer
05-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Has anybody got any ideas or remedies for cleaning up scratches in the plastic..like from riding boots. Or limbs, barbed wire, neighbors dog...etc. oh my bad the dog only scratched the skids when he went under!! It's ok, he alright!

frogburner
05-06-2002, 07:29 AM
Now i am not for sure,
But i have always heard that you can take extremly high grit sand paper and wetsand the fenders where it is scratched real bad, then after it drys, use polishing compound to get the fine rubbing marks out, then wax it... I dont know if it works or not but i will let you know cause i have some real bad scratches where it has been flipped...

05-08-2002, 03:51 PM
Try 'Plastic Renew', it's just under $20. Comes with 3 different grits of sandpaper, steel wool, and a finish polish. Works great on the surface scratches (not as good on the deep ones) and shines the plastic up.

05-09-2002, 01:05 PM
TURTLE WAX 2002 IS THE BEST STUFF EVER

250rampage
05-09-2002, 06:03 PM
For really fine scratches, you can clean in up good and then run a tourch over it to melt all the little fibers together.

honda_racer199
05-09-2002, 06:11 PM
I use WD-40 and that seems to work pretty well. But, I think I'm gonna try the orange glow crap and see how that works.