PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever try the Atkins diets?

kazpr
01-30-2005, 09:32 PM
If so what kinda results did you get? I need to lose about 20 pounds before racing season. Thanks alot

nosliw
01-30-2005, 09:45 PM
i did it for 6 weeks or so to get rid of a small ring of fat i grew during the winter. i lost like 10lbs in water the first week, then a steady 2lbs each week after that. i'm not sure if i followed him correctly though, i only ate vegatables, a gallon or so of water a day, and any kind of meat i could get my hands on. i think he recommends wheat bread after a certain period of time?

Bush0102
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
two years ago, i went low-carb (didnt do the full atkins program) and cut my daily food intake- with exercise i lost 48 lbs in about 12 weeks.

if you want to get in shape for racing, you're gonna need cardio training for endurance anyway- so running, biking, or swimming are all going to help make the diet more effective.

quadfamily
01-30-2005, 09:58 PM
It works. I lost 28 lbs so far since day after thanksgiving. I cheated on christmas, new years and this weekend for my sons birthday party. Basically you cut out sugar and things that turn to sugar in your body(carbs). Get the book and read it. It says you absolutely have to do the excercise but I didn't and I still lost alot of weight. I do play sports two days a week though if you count that. I'm going to start running when the weather breaks and hopefully lose more weight. Before you know it I'll be down to my high school weight! The first few days are hard but after that it's really easy to stay on the diet and it doesn't even seem like a diet after a while.

kazpr
01-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Ok cool thaks everyone. I might have to give it a shot :)

01-31-2005, 12:47 PM
The Atkins diet is retarded, youll lose a few pounds but clog your arteries with sh*t and have a heart attack.......and yes my name is Atkins.:cool:

03400EX_Nacs
01-31-2005, 01:09 PM
my father did it and it worked great for him he lost like 50lbs and then he got off it and gain some now hes back on it and is losing it again but its mainly for older people

Bush0102
01-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
The Atkins diet is retarded, youll lose a few pounds but clog your arteries with sh*t and have a heart attack.......and yes my name is Atkins.:cool:

not necessarily. Bacon, cheese, and red meat arent the only low carb foods that taste good.

ThumPIN_450R
01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
i used it during wrestling and lost 25 pounds in a week but practicing in sweats and having the heater at 85 in the room during practice helped also

250xridamatt
01-31-2005, 02:42 PM
I would probably die if i did all my soccer training in sweats in a room at 85. I hate when its like 95 out and you still have to practice. Soccer socks are not always the coolest things to wear.

ballisticpb
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
worked well for me 14lbs in two weeks then about 3lbs a week after that. make sure you are working out or it will all come back.