PDA

View Full Version : noise in yfz 450

sandspanker
01-30-2005, 09:06 PM
My buddy just bought a new yfz450 on friday, sat we went riding. Less then 2 hrs on it ,it started making a squilling noise. after a while I jumped on it to pin point the noise. I put my hand on the clutch cover and felt a thumping ,note that the noise would change when the clutch was pulled in. so we tillted the quad on its side and pulled the clutch cover off. just as suspected a pressure plate bolt backed out and was rubbing a grooooove in the cover, we cleaned out the magnesum (cover material) tightened up all the bolts and we were on our way in about 15 min.
Just another YAMABOMB story to tell.:p

nosliw
01-30-2005, 09:09 PM
yep you got to keep a close eye on those yamis ;)

what city do you live in?

Punk'd
01-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Nextime he has to do that tip it on its side and take a pic saying OWNED:D

maggiesboy
01-31-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by sandspanker
My buddy just bought a new yfz450 on friday, sat we went riding. Less then 2 hrs on it ,it started making a squilling noise. after a while I jumped on it to pin point the noise. I put my hand on the clutch cover and felt a thumping ,note that the noise would change when the clutch was pulled in. so we tillted the quad on its side and pulled the clutch cover off. just as suspected a pressure plate bolt backed out and was rubbing a grooooove in the cover, we cleaned out the magnesum (cover material) tightened up all the bolts and we were on our way in about 15 min.
Just another YAMABOMB story to tell.:p

What shop did he buy his machine from?

sandspanker
01-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I live in McCleary,20 mi.west of Oly. He bought it in Lacey.