PDA

View Full Version : Buying 250r 1986

williamjernigan
01-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I have found a trx 250r 1986 model that is in good shape. No breaks or welds on the frame and it has durablue extended axle with antifade locknut and brand new hole shot tires with brand new chrome pipe on it. The guy selling it never ran it because he bought it with a hole on the left side case under the gear shifter and never fixt it. I am getting it for 1200 dollars. I checked everything good and it seems that everything is sound. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the left side case. Its broke right under the gear shifter so if you step on the gear shifter lever it will keep going down. I need to find a left side case but don't want to pay for a new one. Do you all think this would be an easy fix and do yall think this is a good deal. I have always wanted an R.

ESR250R
01-30-2005, 10:26 PM
you can check ebay for a left side cover but i bought my whole bottom end off servicehonda.com. i would say replacing the case with a new one would be your best bet. and i would recommend selling the durablue on ebay and getting a lsr.