PDA

View Full Version : Im new here but not to atving

XtremeRide
01-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Well i just thought i would say hey to everyone on this forum im new here but not to atvs been riding sence i was like 2 lol. Well im looking into getting a yfz450 so i know i will be asking questions on how good is it and how does it compare to other atvs. I have a kfx 700 v-force right now but like i said looking for something diff. Its a good quad but there really is no skill needed to ride it. But i was woundering how much faster would the yfz go compared to the kfx700? or what other quads go faster than it all being stock that is

Kennethyfz450
01-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the site!

I Love my Yfz!

I also been beat by a v-force..............

Since you already got a v-force you might as well just keep it, and buy a yfz..

XtremeRide
01-31-2005, 08:25 PM
I wish i could keep it but i need the money from selling it to get my new quad. Also was the v-force stock that u raced or what I would have thought the yfz would have smoked the kfx but if not then i may not want one. lol ive only raced a blaster before and a lt250r that had performns parts but both were not a good race my mighty kfx smoked um before they could get into 2nd gear. But there is a big size diff in between the engines. There also is i guess someone who just got a scrambler that wants to race me to so i need to get into contact with that person cuz even though the my kfx will prob win it will have to be a better race than the other 2 quads i raced.

AshYFZ450
02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I've never raced a KFX. I've beat Raptors, DS 650's, Preditors, Banshees, TRX 450R's and Z400's. I have been beat by a Raptor, a Banshee, and other YFZ's. It all depends on the Mods, the rider, and the start.

I have to think the YFZ is a funner ride though. Its a lot lighter and you get to shift. I think I would be bored to death on an automatic all the time. My first quad was a 400ex that is my wifes now. I rode her old warrior sometimes too when it was giving her a hard time. To me they are all fun to ride. I think the one I have the most fun on now is my sons LT80. Campfire racing is a blast.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p3cf6da641f22849be6b9af4c008ec557/f5683e0d.jpg

IDYFZ
02-02-2005, 10:53 AM
I drag raced a friends Kfx once and he was really surprised at how bad I spanked him. He had a clutch kit and exhaust on his kfx and I was riding my YFZ with gytr pipe and pro-flow intake with k&n filter. I must have beat him by 3-4 quad lenghs. We should have raced on the pavement to get some real results. But we raced on a gravel road so results may very. KFX's have their places in the atv world but you really can't compare it to the mighty YFZ:D Just my 2 cents

Kennethyfz450
02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
i think it was a bored .080 over with Dmc pipes..

sounded good also had a wheelie bar.. i guess i should had mentioned that.. lol

XtremeRide
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by IDYFZ
I drag raced a friends Kfx once and he was really surprised at how bad I spanked him. He had a clutch kit and exhaust on his kfx and I was riding my YFZ with gytr pipe and pro-flow intake with k&n filter. I must have beat him by 3-4 quad lenghs. We should have raced on the pavement to get some real results. But we raced on a gravel road so results may very. KFX's have their places in the atv world but you really can't compare it to the mighty YFZ:D Just my 2 cents

Racing on gravel is never a good race i know that my kfx700 will mostly spin the tires half way down a gravel road before it finaly get good traction so i know that the 700 does not like gravel racing at least mine does not but its fun to slide around in.