PDA

View Full Version : shifting problems

mxhonda86
01-30-2005, 08:06 PM
has any1 had any problems with ther 450r that wen the are ****ing sum times or down shifting it seem lik u hit a neutral spot... i will be down shifting and go to take off and i dont go it just revs and then i have to shift again .... has any1 had this problem or nows how i can fix it or wut to do ? ... thanks

ny300exrider
01-31-2005, 04:27 PM
i have the same problem sometimes, i thought i was the only one. when i first got it i mishifted into nuetral at least 4-5 times. i think it one reason for me is the shifter and gear ratio was different than my 400 and i wasnt used to it but it was happening mostly when upshifting. i dont know if it just takes a little more of a kick of the shifter or if it was just breaking it because i havnt done it lately.

TRXMI
01-31-2005, 05:19 PM
If you wear riding boots that might be it, you may not be letting it down all the way. Change to regular shoes. If you dont wear riding boots I dont know. Good luck

450Rkid
01-31-2005, 06:30 PM
if you think about it its down one and up four if you are in first and you dont pull up hard enough it will go into nuetral

ny300exrider
02-03-2005, 04:55 AM
yea i know that haha, i think its just i wasnt used to the ergonomics with riding boots and i wasnt getting a full shift. i think if i move the shifter up one spline it will be better

dart450r
02-03-2005, 05:01 AM
i'm supposed to be goin to a honda seminar this morning, but i dunno if it will happen since it has sleeted lastnight. i have talked to baldwin about this somewhat. now i'm gonna ask our rep to see what he has to say about it.
mine seems to do it when i'm in 3rd gear then pops back down to 2nd or like a neutral condition
i'll try to find something out today if they have it

Jersey450R
02-03-2005, 06:12 AM
yea this crap is weird. yesterday i was WOT in 5th about to hit full speed and all of a sudden it bounced into 4th! i thought i was dreaming for a second but its all good. as long as it dosent get stuck in a gear i dont mind it. its not like it happens everytime i ride.
the 1st to second miss is a common problem for alot of people. I think its because its such a high shift from 1st to 2nd. i find myself not lifting up far enough when it does happen. I dont think it does any harm to the motor though.

02-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Mine has done it once. I was climbing a slight grade and shifting from 3rd to 4th or 4th to 5th......can't remember. But, I do remember it "slipping" out of gear, and into a nuetral "type" position. Because, the engine revved, but the bike did not accelerate........I let off the gas.......hit the throttle again.....and it went. I'd really like to know what this problem is as well.

02-04-2005, 10:12 AM
bump

red2004 TRX450R
02-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TRXMI
If you wear riding boots that might be it, you may not be letting it down all the way. Change to regular shoes. If you dont wear riding boots I dont know. Good luck

The opposite happens to me!
If I ware shoes "some times" I dont move the shift lever up enough to get in to second and hit neutral. But with boots on never have a problem!!

ny300exrider
02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
i wonder if its a problem or just something normal because i have a 3year warrenty so im not worried if its a problem.