PDA

View Full Version : Decision between YZF450 & 450R

frogburner
01-30-2005, 06:12 PM
What would you all choose. I have a buddy that is going to get a new quad, but cant decide btween the 450R and the YZF. What would you all get. We ride lots in the woods, enjoy climbing hills, run the gravel roads, and he likes to jump quite a bit. Anyway give us some info..

deathman53
01-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I personally find a 450r more comfortable to ride, the steering stem on the yfz's is so damn low, its like you are hunching over the the whole time riding it

397ccEX
01-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I havent ridin either
But ride red more reliable

seven
01-30-2005, 09:30 PM
They are both great quads. The 450R you have to put a little more money into to get it up to the same HP as the YFZ. Honda is a little more comfortable. My biggest complaint with the YFZ is the bump steer and the harsh shocks on the 04s. I went with the Yamaha becouse it had a few more features that I liked. Electric start, More HP without a ton of mods and I got mine for 5000 with only about 1 hour ride time on it. Honda has a light front end and a few first year issues also. Just ride em both and decide!

efilnicafesin
01-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by seven
They are both great quads. The 450R you have to put a little more money into to get it up to the same HP as the YFZ. Honda is a little more comfortable. My biggest complaint with the YFZ is the bump steer and the harsh shocks on the 04s. I went with the Yamaha becouse it had a few more features that I liked. Electric start, More HP without a ton of mods and I got mine for 5000 with only about 1 hour ride time on it. Honda has a light front end and a few first year issues also. Just ride em both and decide!

My buddy just put the '05 shocks on his '04 and it made a huge difference in the ride. He also put a steering damper on it to help over the bumps... He also put a high rise handle bar on it for extra comfort. Now it rides like a reasonably comfortable bat outta hell. :D

frogburner
01-31-2005, 02:57 PM
I think he is considering a 450R, givin the fact its a little cheaper and with the HRC kit, it sould run pretty strong.. Hope it cant beat my 440.:D ... SloppyJoe.... I guess we will see whos the big dog at the Ridge Quarter mile.

sloppyjoe
01-31-2005, 04:33 PM
yes we will!! what about hot-rod? where will he be?:D

frogburner
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
All I can say about Hot-rod, is he better get a good start, cause if he is in front of me and I catch his draft, its all over... I will put the slingshot on the little guy:eek:

Predfan
02-01-2005, 02:20 PM
If you didn't buy the 450R yet, check out the deal at servicehonda.com - $5,699 OTD.

panteramatt
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I rode both and went with the yzf for a few reasons:
electric start
better looks
better handling
more hp

The 450r is a nice biek though jsut ride em both.

Toadz400
02-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 397ccEX
I havent ridin either
But ride red more reliable

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Have him ride both quads before he makes his decision, otherwise he may end up making a mistake and regret it later on. That's the only way he'll be able to know which one is right for him.

SaYwAt!?
02-02-2005, 03:57 PM
im gonna ask him a question that maybe no has asked yet hahha. Wat do u prefer? bother are awsome quads and awsome performers. I choose the 450R and my friend has the YFZ450 soo we have good competions lol. Like in a review i read the 450R has a more laid back way of going fast. Soo wat u choose red or blue?(cheezy lol)

Andrew

sloppyjoe
02-02-2005, 05:05 PM
what about the predator?

frogburner
02-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SaYwAt!?
im gonna ask him a question that maybe no has asked yet hahha. Wat do u prefer? bother are awsome quads and awsome performers. I choose the 450R and my friend has the YFZ450 soo we have good competions lol. Like in a review i read the 450R has a more laid back way of going fast. Soo wat u choose red or blue?(cheezy lol)

Ya,, screw it,, just get a red go-cart and put a Honda sticker on it.. NoBody will ever know the difference sloppyjoe... By the way, you and stoner wanna ride saturday afternoon.. Its supposed to be in the 50's. I have to work a little bit sat. mornin, but not to long..