PDA

View Full Version : new tires on stock rims or dont be a cheap ***???

kilabeez0
01-30-2005, 04:11 PM
I really need new tires but my rims are fine, never any leaks or anything. do i really need to spend the extra on rims? i'd much rather spend the extra $$$ on better tires like razr 2's. if i got a tire rim package i'd go with like klaws or something and then i'd probably get like a .160 rim cuz i'm saving for a house and have a baby:blah: suggestions....:flame suit on:

Pappy
01-30-2005, 04:13 PM
from my expierence the stock rim is stronger then aftermarket until you get into a beadlock or a rim with reinforcement rings.

stay stock and buy the tires....trash the rims then buy more:p

Tread70
01-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I am ordering some holeshot xcr's tomorrow to put on my stock rims. I dont see any benefit of new rims except for adding more bling, I personally don't have a use for the bling as I ride trails and at a homemade track.

Tread

EX_Junkie
01-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah stick with the stockers. I had some itp wheels when i got my tires and i think i bent probably 6 or so before i just put the tires back on the stockers. Unless u get beadlocks you'll flat spot the crap out of them.

zfire_28
01-31-2005, 05:12 AM
keep the stockers.......
.160s are junk

mrnate400ex
01-31-2005, 09:09 AM
so, would you say that the itp baja rims are stronger than stock?? i too am in the market for new wheels and tires. i want hipers, but i really don't need them. i race on occasion, and race on a practice track on occasion, but ride trails and dunes the most. would hipers on the rear, and bajas on the front be a dumb idea?? i see that some people don't really have beadlocks on the front. i've never had a problem with my front tires getting dirt in the bead and leaking, but the rears i have had a couple of instances. i know this is a loaded post, but something i have always wondered about. thanks.

schulte_85
01-31-2005, 01:54 PM
if you are going to get after market rims, get beadlocks for the back, and douglas with the rolled edge for the front I have never bent a doulgas ultimate.

400EXracer74
01-31-2005, 02:21 PM
from my experiance the stocks are real good. i did bend a front rim but that was cuz i screwed up real bad on a jump and my quad landed then cartwheeled down the landing.

400-416EX
01-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Stock rims are fine, stronger than .160. Nothing wrong with hipers on the rear and baja on the front.