PDA

View Full Version : Barret Jackson

Matt37
01-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Iam not sure if any of you guys watch the Barret Jackson car auction iam a car freak so i watch it but iam so proud of the way American Muscle cars are selling. The prices that American Muscle cars are getting is mind boggling. I mean Hemi's are just going nuts. And Iam telling you i didnt know how much money i had in cars but know i do i had a 70 ls6 chevelle about 15 years ago and sold it for $18,500 and i thought that was fare i turn on Barret Jackson and look at them in magazines and there going for 60,000 to 70,000 grand. Just amazing. Well right now i have a 66 big block vette and a 69 GTO Judge. (NO FORDS ALOUD AROUND HERE) and i think iam going to hold on to them after seeing 66 big block vettes going for 6 figures on Barret Jackson. I just think it is really awsome how the muscle car market is blooming. On Barret Jackson mid year corvettes were outselling Ferraris by 30-40 grand :eek2: really awsome for all the diehard american muscle fans out there.:D

Tommy 17
01-30-2005, 04:19 PM
how about the F-88 for 3mil!!!!

do u know how much the c6 hard top convertable sold for??? i haven't seen it on yet!

my dad was cryin while he watched that haha... my family had alot of those cars and still do have a few of them...

he remembers when they cost 5,000$!

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I watched it from about 4:30 yesturday until they ended at like 11pm . Some of the cars were amazing , but the prices were WAY out of hand . But I guess if you have the money , why not buy one . That Olds for 3 million was NIIIIIIIICE . Good little bidding war between the two guys also . LOL . I didn't watch it today , but I heard that the prices weren't all that high . Too many Vettes for me though .... every 5th car was a Corvette . Lotta nice American muscle also . :D

AtvMxRider
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
how about the F-88 for 3mil!!!!

did you see that? I watched it and that guy was frickin crazy. Must be nice to have that kind of money to blow it on a car enen though it was ugly as hell:ermm:

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
did you see that? I watched it and that guy was frickin crazy. Must be nice to have that kind of money to blow it on a car enen though it was ugly as hell:ermm:

Yeah .... must be nice .... he bought a few hundred thousand and maybe a few million dollars worth of other cars also . Opening up a museum in October .... should be a nice palce thats for sure . And he wanted that Olds BAD .... he wasn't letting it go for any price ... even sat in it to say it was gunna be his . LMAO

AtvMxRider
01-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Yeah .... must be nice .... he bought a few hundred thousand and maybe a few million dollars worth of other cars also . Opening up a museum in October .... should be a nice palce thats for sure . And he wanted that Olds BAD .... he wasn't letting it go for any price ... even sat in it to say it was gunna be his . LMAO

He got it for 3 mil and then there was a 1/4 mil commision ontop of that:eek2:

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
He got it for 3 mil and then there was a 1/4 mil commision ontop of that:eek2:

LMAO ... yeah I heard that . haha . Man Jackson makes a good buck with the auctions . He's a smart man too .... made it all no reserve for this one , so he makes money on every sale . They accepted 900 cars for the weekend .... over 5000 wanted in . :eek2:

Matt37
01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Yea that car was pretty ugly but one of a kind and thats why it sold for that. My dad was shaking his head because in 1969 he had a chance to get a Yenko Camaro but turned it down because it was $100 over his budget :eek2: Today that is a $200,000+ car.

Well lets hope that my 66 big block keeps rising in price i saw one this weekend go for $105,000 and lets also hope the GTO Judges rise i got a 69 judge as well. Maybe next year ill take my 66 to Barret Jackson.

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Yea that car was pretty ugly but one of a kind and thats why it sold for that. My dad was shaking his head because in 1969 he had a chance to get a Yenko Camaro but turned it down because it was $100 over his budget :eek2: Today that is a $200,000+ car.

Well lets hope that my 66 big block keeps rising in price i saw one this weekend go for $105,000 and lets also hope the GTO Judges rise i got a 69 judge as well. Maybe next year ill take my 66 to Barret Jackson.

Are they both matching numbers cars?? If so , the Judge is already worth a good $50 000 + depending on it's condition .

That Olds might not have been the prettiest thing to some people ( although I found it to be nice) , it was an experimental car , and it was the only one built . What's even rarer , is that it was someone from the general public that owned it .... usually the Factories don't sell off their experimentals . Somehow this one got away . :eek:

Matt37
01-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Are they both matching numbers cars

Yes, they are both numbers matching but i have a feeling the Judge is going to get even higher than 50 grand. And iam not making the same mistake i made with my Chevelle selling right before the chevelles started sky rocketing. So i will hold on to it but as for my 66 Iam not sure how much higher they can get i mean there in 6 figures now that is pretty amazing. Like i said before this american muscle market is just nuts right now. 10 years ago for a really nicely frame off reso 69 z28 camy you would only have to dish out 10-15 grand today good luck getting one for double that it is crazy. But i think my Judge will bring some good money in the years to come its only got 5,000 miles on it since restoration it had a frame off resto about a year and a half ago. But iam looking to add some more miles to it this summer.

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Post some pics . My dad and myself are into building cars . We just finished up a 69 Cuda 340 last year . Not matching numbers though .

Matt37
01-30-2005, 07:27 PM
It was on here once but here ya go this is the GTO. I dont have a pic of the vette on the computer but if i feel like putting one on here later ill post it.

GTO Judge (http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=show&pic=/pow/pow0432b)

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Looks good man .

Tommy 17
01-30-2005, 08:48 PM
haha my dad wrapped a 1969 yenko camaro around a tree!!!! they use to drag race them and it was his friends... he hit a tree with it!!!

some other rare cars that were in my family at one point...

1969 boss 429 mustang
1967 427/435 corvette
1968 shelby gt500 kr
1963 split window vette

all of them were sold for under 15,000$ or wrapped around trees or blew the motors up... i could kill my family over it...

a few rare cars my one cousin has right now...

99 corvette production number 0001
2 supras that are a special edition and only 11 were made
few other rare cars also

i've seen some of the cars around my area just sittin in garages and it makes me sick... back in the 60s all the men worked in the mines straight out of h.s. and were rolling in cash... everyone had one of those cars and all had to sell them when the mines closed...

Matt37
01-31-2005, 01:12 PM
man that sucks if he woulda kept that Yenko he would have a real rare car today.

user101
01-31-2005, 01:59 PM
i also watched that olds gor 3 mil. the same guy that bought the old also bought the 2nd hemi cuda ever made for 305,000. did anyone see that primer gray and black factory hemi dart drag car go for 105,000

Matt37
01-31-2005, 03:07 PM
did anyone see that primer gray and black factory hemi dart drag car go for 105,000

Yea i saw it not really that nice of a car just has alot of racing history and documentation to go with it and thats what sold it. The key to getting big bucks for a car is documentation. For my 69 Judge i have the original manual, protecto plate, build sheet (found under the seat in 1988). Because what GM would do is throw the build sheet somewhere in the car and then put something over top of it there are many people with rare cars that still to this day cannot find the build sheet. I also have all receipts for oil changes, tune ups, etc dating back to 1969.