PDA

View Full Version : Which is more powerful?

Golden Joker
01-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Which is more powerful for mx? a crf450 engine of yfz450 engine?

nosliw
01-30-2005, 02:52 PM
crf450 is unicam so i would go with the yami

85atc350x
01-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Even though I've always been a big fan of Honda, I would have to say the YFZ. Yamaha has a good thing going with that engine.

Punk'd
01-30-2005, 05:58 PM
It would be close but I think the yamaha would end up being infront. now put the Trx450r and Yfz450 thats diffrent my friend:D

Rich250RRacer
01-31-2005, 05:40 AM
If you're talking about two-wheeler motors, I think you all should do a little research before you stick your foot in your mouth. The dyno graph in the March '05 Dirt Rider shows the CRF motor 1-3 horsepower stronger through the entire rpm range except just off idle. As a matter of fact, I believe has been the case since Honda introduced the CRF450R. The CRF has been the hands down winner in every aspect, engine, suspension, handling, brakes, since it's release. Yamaha may have started the four-stroke revolution, but Honda's going to dominate it.

zfire_28
01-31-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
If you're talking about two-wheeler motors, I think you all should do a little research before you stick your foot in your mouth. The dyno graph in the March '05 Dirt Rider shows the CRF motor 1-3 horsepower stronger through the entire rpm range except just off idle. As a matter of fact, I believe has been the case since Honda introduced the CRF450R. The CRF has been the hands down winner in every aspect, engine, suspension, handling, brakes, since it's release. Yamaha may have started the four-stroke revolution, but Honda's going to dominate it.

IMHO It will be very hard for any of the major bike/atv makers to DOMINATE with the kind of high performance 4 stroke machines already out, not to mention bikes that are yet to be released by suzuki and others. "1-3 horsepower" will not be the deciding factor in who dominates.

400exrider707
01-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by zfire_28
IMHO It will be very hard for any of the major bike/atv makers to DOMINATE with the kind of high performance 4 stroke machines already out, not to mention bikes that are yet to be released by suzuki and others. "1-3 horsepower" will not be the deciding factor in who dominates.

Actually Rich250RRacer is right the CRF totally dominates in every aspect against all of the other 450 bikes, until at least the nes RMZ is out. But in quads the yamaha seems to be dominating in the 450 class. (excluding the atk) Yamaha really didn't detune their bike engine when they swapped it in, but Honda of course did, because they seem to go more for overall reliability than all out performance. Just my .02