PDA

View Full Version : Winter X-Games

DONTBANME!!!
01-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey have they allready done moto if not when are they going to show it ??

LiveToRide1930
01-30-2005, 01:40 PM
they have already done round 1 and round 2 of moto x and there showing the finals tonite at 9 estern time on espn"channel 6"any there was nothing really good in the 2 rounds besides that guy chuck who did the body varial back in summer x and landed and attempt here and well lets say he didnt make it..lol but theres when they are showing it

Moto92
01-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Should be an awesome final between Degan and Ox. Im saying Deg is going to try the Mulisha Twist again and have you guys seen Ox do the superman backflip, its getting to the point these tricks dont even seem physically possible.

ny300exrider
01-30-2005, 02:03 PM
yea moto prelims were on last night, finals will be on tonight hopefully some good stuff gets put down. im really looking forward to the snow X racing. im looking forward to see what ox comes up with in the finals

DONTBANME!!!
01-30-2005, 02:04 PM
:eek2: i gotta watch it hope degan gets it this time

JR3
01-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Yea i watched it. I want ox to win tonites hes cool cause he does his own thing and isnt lkike all the others and plus hes a big guy doing chit like that.

Moto92
01-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Heres chuck not doing so hot at the body varial last night
Can you say foot peg to the nuts?
http://expn.go.com/media/wxg/nine/mtx/050129_moto_m07_s.jpg

250xridamatt
01-30-2005, 02:38 PM
that looks really painful

JR3
01-30-2005, 02:45 PM
He walked away fine. The anopuncers said he was wearing full body armour and a cup

01-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Footpeg in nuts? Metzger lost a nut a month ago like that!

Isnt a mulisha twist just a back flip slightly to the side?

JR3
01-30-2005, 03:50 PM
yea every calls it a 360 its not a true 360 like u see in bmx its like a fake type thing like u said a backflip to the side i could never do it b ut pull a real 360 now that would be pimp

01-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, the Mulisha Twist is even less than the "360". Its just a backflip with a slight tilt in it. When Deegz won best trick with it in X, i was thinking to myself, "That was just a badly executed flip" because thats what it looked like.

trick450r
01-30-2005, 04:02 PM
pastrana does the real f-ing 360...hes nasty

DONTBANME!!!
01-30-2005, 04:05 PM
ya the was awsome when he tried it at the x games.....and crashed....hes got balls though

JR3
01-30-2005, 04:11 PM
its still not a real 360 his looks alot better cause hes more flat but when they do a 260 like a bmx bike thatd be nuts

TheFontMaster
01-30-2005, 06:07 PM
The Malitia twist/360 flip, if you look at a perfectly executed one, it is more like a whip backflip. The bike does a backflip on it's side. They are rarley totaly upside down, it's an illusion caused by the spinning. Thats the best I can explaine it.

I want to see hill cross, and snowboareder slopestyle. Thats what I'm really waiting for.

gratzracing24
01-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Whens the finals? and why isnt pastrana doin the moto x?

LiveToRide1930
01-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah pastrana should be in it but anyway my friends dad has a friend that lives right next to him and once i get my trx400ex,he said he would invite me there,man he;s got mx tracks,hillclimbs,foampit,lot of trails and more so it should be fun and to make sure u think im not lieing he lives in annoplis maryland not to far away from just about a county away

GO DEGAN IN THE FINALS

Warnerade
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
anyone got a pic of chuck doing it the first time in the air?

Moto92
01-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Travis is still nursing that broken wrist

swampfoxsc
01-31-2005, 12:59 AM
What a joke. Deegan wins with a no-footed backflip to half *** one-hander over Kargola'a no-footed backflip to one-handed lander? They gave it to Deegan. The announcers even seemed stunned and they wouldn't even show Kargola's run again after the score. The X-Games is getting to be as bad as NASCAR!:mad:

Moto92
01-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
anyone got a pic of chuck doing it the first time in the air?
http://expn.go.com/media/xgx/mtx/040805_besttricklead_h.jpg

Warnerade
01-31-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
What a joke. Deegan wins with a no-footed backflip to half *** one-hander over Kargola'a no-footed backflip to one-handed lander? They gave it to Deegan. The announcers even seemed stunned and they wouldn't even show Kargola's run again after the score. The X-Games is getting to be as bad as NASCAR!:mad: repeated stunts dont count as much...if he woulda did that before deagan, im sure he would have had the score of 93...i was hoping to see the seat grab

Bush0102
01-31-2005, 08:05 AM
why was kargola wearing jeans? It was kinda funny seeing him do flip variations wearing jeans and a sweatshirt... haha i dunno, it was funny to me

jesshamner
01-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
why was kargola wearing jeans? It was kinda funny seeing him do flip variations wearing jeans and a sweatshirt... haha i dunno, it was funny to me

It looked weird. He had his t shirt tucked in with a belt too. LOL.

DONTBANME!!!
01-31-2005, 01:42 PM
What a joke. Deegan wins with a no-footed backflip to half *** one-hander over Kargola'a no-footed backflip to one-handed lander? They gave it to Deegan. The announcers even seemed stunned and they wouldn't even show Kargola's run again after the score. The X-Games is getting to be as bad as NASCAR!:mad: Ya it doesnt look like much....could u do a no footed backflip no hander.. i think not plus deegan was just back from a crash at the winter x-games last year i know i would try another 360 when i didnt have to and knowing that u crashed last year at the same place

JR3
01-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Dustin millers trick was pretty bad *** to. And I feel no matter what deegan was gonna get the gold they kept showing and mentioning his crash and how he battled back its bs.

user101
01-31-2005, 02:03 PM
the back flip has ruined the sport if u ask me

rollie
01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
i guess im the only DMC fan around here....that seat grab dead body was awsome....i think flips are overrated...but whatever deegs is allright

I-7
01-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by user101
the back flip has ruined the sport if u ask me

I have to agree with you on that one. Its just not as fun to watch really anymore. Dont get me wrong, I mean I cant do one and the guys that can are unbelievable but basically if you cant do a backflip now, you cant make it anywhere in FMX. I liked watching it when it was just huge extensions and huge whip combos and stuff. IMO I would rather see someone do some perfect dead body or hart attack extension then the backflips. Its just not as interesting anymore.

01-31-2005, 02:46 PM
the FMX arena tour or something (www.FMX.cc.com) cam eto town last week and my girlfriend loves this guy Bryan Dowdy, saw him today there. hes alright

ny300exrider
01-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by I-7
I have to agree with you on that one. Its just not as fun to watch really anymore. Dont get me wrong, I mean I cant do one and the guys that can are unbelievable but basically if you cant do a backflip now, you cant make it anywhere in FMX. I liked watching it when it was just huge extensions and huge whip combos and stuff. IMO I would rather see someone do some perfect dead body or hart attack extension then the backflips. Its just not as interesting anymore. took the words right out of my mouth

Mxjunkie
01-31-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Travis is still nursing that broken wrist

Hes out racing supercross where be belongs imo :)

xhondakid250x
01-31-2005, 03:34 PM
whats next on tv if any body knows plz let me know cuz i missed it yesterday

HtFoxChick
01-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by I-7
I would rather see someone do some perfect dead body or hart attack extension then the backflips. Its just not as interesting anymore.

I agree too. Heart attacks are so scary for me to even watch!!! I missed seeing the body varial at the Xgames.:(

01-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Itll be back this year. The guys were only 50% at most in the snow. Summer X will be insane this year as always.

SRH
01-31-2005, 04:26 PM
too bad twitch got hurt he would of owned the competition

deegan won because his trick was perfect and smooth ox was a bit sketchy

theTman
01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
the flip is way over-rated...its boring now...i wanna see a barrel roll:devil:

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Yea I liked back in the day when I thought the kiss of death was the sickest trick. I havent even seen that done in a while. And there was much more variety then. Now its all flip after flip and its getting boring. Dont get me wrong, the flip is awesome and it takes lots of balls to do, but its just not as exciting anymore.

And about the barrel roll. I dunno what ever happened with that. I remember Mike Jones tried it a few years ago and failed miserably. Ive never heard anything else about that trick since then.

TheFontMaster
01-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
And about the barrel roll. I dunno what ever happened with that. I remember Mike Jones tried it a few years ago and failed miserably. Ive never heard anything else about that trick since then.

Someone did a barel roll in the summer X-games. A picture of it was back a page or 2. I forgot his name. The whole bike didn't do a barrel roll, but the rider did.

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Someone did a barel roll in the summer X-games. A picture of it was back a page or 2. I forgot his name. The whole bike didn't do a barrel roll, but the rider did.

nahh thats when chuck did the body varial

im talking abt a flat out barrel roll. Bike and everything rolling.

TheFontMaster
01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
nahh thats when chuck did the body varial

im talking abt a flat out barrel roll. Bike and everything rolling.

Thats right whoops:blah:

rollie
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
anyone else around here support D-mac???

:confused:

SRH
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster

thts a corolla or a body varial not a barrel roll

swampfoxsc
02-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Deegan got it because he's Deegan and coming back from injury to win makes a better story. The trick is what should be scored with the landing being a small part of it. Kargola's trick was better, plain and simple. It comes down to sketchy landing vs crappy millisecond no-hander. A small bobble on the landing shouldn't have been enough for Deegan to win. He was given the win. And yes, the backflip has ruined the sport.:mad:

Don't forget, Corolla won the X-Games best trick and he hardly stayed on the bike for the landing.

Warnerade
02-01-2005, 05:44 PM
i dont think the landing is what did it, or he was given it. repeated tricks dont count as much...imo

SRH
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Deegan got it because he's Deegan and coming back from injury to win makes a better story. The trick is what should be scored with the landing being a small part of it. Kargola's trick was better, plain and simple. It comes down to sketchy landing vs crappy millisecond no-hander. A small bobble on the landing shouldn't have been enough for Deegan to win. He was given the win. And yes, the backflip has ruined the sport.:mad:

Don't forget, Corolla won the X-Games best trick and he hardly stayed on the bike for the landing.

yeah carothers won best trick because it was the crazies thing since the first backflip

ox didnt hold his no footer as long and looked sketchy , deegan hung his out longer and looked confident in the landing, now if ox did his as clean as deegan he would of won, its not a video game they dont deduct for doing the same trick, and its not like an acutal run were if u did 5 backflip no footers it would hurt your score

coryatver
02-01-2005, 08:41 PM
I think deegan won becuase his comeback was all hyped up. I thought some of the other tricks were a lot better. I would like to see Deegan do something other than the backflip.