PDA

View Full Version : Valves?

04-29-2002, 09:52 PM
How often do u ajust ur valves , im pretty sure im gonna have to take it to my dealer a coulpe of times before i am able to get it so i was wondering how often "should" i have them adjusted?

Deathbringer
04-30-2002, 01:01 PM
My dealer recommended that I bring mine in after the first 20 hours... Then once a year after that. 4-strokes can be pretty far out and still perform good you just wont get max out of them.

Ben
04-30-2002, 07:50 PM
I recommend doing it yourself, there is a great article on the Tech page here describing it. It is very easy and takes no more than 10 minutes after the second time.

BornOnFire
04-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Don't be a woose! Do it yourself! you'll save yourself tons of moolah and gain a deeper respect for your engine! Maoz was right. The directions are well described right here where your at!

Do it!

:devil

Razorback
05-01-2002, 07:25 AM
i've read somewhere that it needs to be done every 100 hours, after the 20 hour adjustment db mentioned. and the other guys are correct, it is a piece of cake, just take your time doing it the first time.

05-01-2002, 09:50 PM
What if even u've read the article , have a slight idea of what there talking about but still to big of a "woose" to tear apart ur engine because I'm afraid i will ***e it up!!! Plus i dont think i have all the nessecary tools? should i have a friend that probably knows a bit more than me help?

Ben
05-02-2002, 05:09 AM
It can't hurt to have a friend help. All you need are a couple ratchet sockets, a screw driver, and a feeler gauge (which you can pick up at any hardware store). You don't have to tear into engine, just take off the gas tank (very very easy), a little piece of plastic, and then remove four little covers with a wrench/socket. Thats it. I assure you that if you take your time you will have no trouble. Just print out the directions from the site and take your time. It's a snap! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

ridered86
05-02-2002, 08:12 PM
i just did my valves last weekend and man were they loose the intakes were .007 as opposed to .004. do it yourself there is much more satisfaction in it.

dirt wheels also did a how to in a past issue but the directions on doing it yourself on this site are much more adequite. just remember loose valves are better than ones that are to tight.

every 500 miles should do nicely:) ;)