PDA

View Full Version : pro design pro flow

boricua
01-29-2005, 10:33 PM
i looked briefly for a picture, no luck. what exactly does this unit replace and how is it beneficial over stock?

crazyelece
01-30-2005, 02:53 PM
for which quad? The one I put on my warrior was a dream because the warrior stock filter was held by the airbox and not the intake. It made it so that a K&N with a hose clamp would slip on and tighten down and then I could remove the airbox lid. On my 400ex though its already set up the same stock and I think the only added benefit is it widens the opening to allow a larger filter, thus more air. I didn't think it was worth the cost for the 400ex but it definately was on the warrior.

hetrick425ex
01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
i like them on the yamahas but the coolest thing on the hondas is they are a far sturdier mount. my filter used to always slip off of my stock plastic box, with the aluminum mount its not going anywhere...
here is a pic of a yfz450 pro flow kit, they are all pretty similar.
peace

boricua
01-31-2005, 10:20 PM
90 bucks for an aluminum ring and some hardware?.....
the center hole is bigger than stock so you can mount a bigger air filter but it still gets smaller the closer it gets to the carb, right?

hetrick425ex
02-01-2005, 07:12 PM
yeah, i wouldnt look for it to add a whole lot of power....its a ton safer though, like i said in a previous post.....
we run um on all our quads.....

sampleez
02-01-2005, 10:14 PM
i have heard it helps the low-mid on a yfz, but idk on other models.