PDA

View Full Version : Well....spark plug issues

JDiablo
01-29-2005, 10:26 PM
well i took my whole spark plug/coil assembly apart today,and it looks like there is a fuse inside the spark plug cap itself that blew,but why would i still be getting 12.?? volts to the wire though?and when i hook up my spark plug i get nothing,this is starting to piss me off,so i ordered a new coil and spark plug cap.That is the only thing i think it can be otherwise im stumped,and if that isnt the problem them im going to send my motor out to get some work done to it,and then in the meantime replace the whole wiring system,rebuild the starter and get a new stator if i have to

The other day i tried it though,and my plug was hot but i wasnt getting any spark so i guess it was getting power?but my tester says it doesn't:huh

Any good electrical guys on here that can help me out>?

K_Fulk
01-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Were you holding your sparkplug up to your frame when you were looking for spark? Its pretty rare for the coils to go bad. Whenever I have had electrical problems it was either the ground or the cdi.

JDiablo
01-30-2005, 10:19 AM
i was holding it to the motor,the frame has 3 layers of PC on it,so it wouldnt work

K_Fulk
01-30-2005, 10:24 AM
The motor is aluminum how about a bolt. Or just hold your hand around the plug you'll find out if its got spark real quick. :D

If it all worked when you took it apart it should work when you put it back together. As long as you have hooked everything back up properly.

JDiablo
01-30-2005, 10:26 AM
lol O figures,and no that is where i kinda call a friend over,because that chit hurts so bad,lol i hate getting zapped

JDiablo
01-30-2005, 11:44 AM
well its still isnt sparking and i nutted up enuf to touch the spark plug and press the button and nothing:o