View Full Version : what class to run a gnc race

trost66
01-29-2005, 10:00 PM
I was thinking about running a few gnc races this year. I was just wondering what class to run. There are so many different ones. I am a upper b rider at local tracks. Wondering which class to run. Have a tricked out 450r with all the goodies

vasura450
01-30-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm a upper B runner at locals and I raced C at the Southwick National last year. It was my first national and I was on a preety much stock YFZ, I ended up getting 3rd and 5th place overall in the 265C and 4 stroke C classes. So it's a toss up because I heard the B class is extremly hard, and I know a few of the A riders in my disctirct run B at Nats. I'd run C at your first national and see how you do and go from there. Hope this helps.

Tony

Brian450
01-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. If your local races are AMA/ATVA sactioned and you race in the B class. Then you go to the Nationals and race in the next lower class ( C class ). I thought you could not do that. Heard of somone that did that and the AMA caught them. They couldn't race any AMA races for a year.

kandk450
01-31-2005, 09:41 AM
yea if they catch you doing this you loose all ur points i dont like the idea though but w/e its the rules

schulte_85
01-31-2005, 02:07 PM
I ran production B at Red Bud and Loretta's, I was an upper B rider in my district. I was one place away from qualifying at Red Bud with almost a stock 450, but at Loretta's I was completely setup, but I got a concussion in practice so I didn't to great there. I would run production B if I were you. You won't learn anything if you drop to lower class, Grow some hair and run the class you should run. Run production B even if you don't qualify you will learn a lot more than running in C class.

trost66
01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
thanks for you help