PDA

View Full Version : Smashed my finger in the door today

Honda4trax250x
01-29-2005, 08:55 PM
I dont know waht it is lately, but I keep hurting myself. I prob just need to slow down but anyway.....Today i slammed the door to my house on my middle finger. Immediatley it began to hurt, under my nail got all purple. It then started to feel a little bit better. Then 2 hours later, it became increasingly painful, believe it or not worse than my fracured wrist and fractured sternum I have taken throughout the last 6 months. Anyway, I have some vicodin left from my chest injury, so I took that and it didnt do anything. And now for some reason it is no longer purple, but a light blue, almost like a periwinkle lol. It looks so fruity.

Anyway, I know this has had to happen to people before? How long did it hurt for? I am also told that my nail will prob fall off...Is this true? How long did it take you to become totally healed?

Sorry for this lame/boring post, but I wanna know how long I have to see this gross thing.

-Mike

Honda4trax250x
01-29-2005, 09:07 PM
heres a pic:o

Its weird because usually when i see this happen to someone else its either black or purple underneath, I have never seen light blue.

JOEX
01-29-2005, 09:11 PM
About the first part of November ago I whacked my index finger with a hammer very hard, almost instantly it turned black/purple underneath. It ached and throbbed all night, almost to tears. I drilled a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure which helped noticably but it still hurt for quite awhile.

The nail is now about to come off completely, there is a new one growing underneath. I have to keep a bandaid on it so it doesn't get torn off, i'm sure that would hurt.

Mxjunkie
01-29-2005, 09:11 PM
looks like you didnt get it to bad, my cousin slammed his into a car door and his was purple/red then my friend slammed his into a door and cut some of the finger off, had to stich it togather etc.

Kinda looks like you have nail polish on lmao

Honda4trax250x
01-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
] It ached and throbbed all night, almost to tears.

Yea throughout the past year I have developed a high tolerance to pain, but this plain hurt, almost had me in tears too.

Kinda looks like you have nail polish on lmao

haha, yea thats why I said it looks fruity

Punk'd
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
ouch iv done that in the car door and that dont feel good at all

YaMaHaYFZ450
01-29-2005, 09:48 PM
i also did the same thing on my thumb. about a month ago i smashed it with a hammer and it turned black and blue right away. right now it is black on one side of the nail and starting to peel off.

but on mine i only hit part of the nail which is now black so i dont know how the whole nail will come off. hope i dont need surgery:eek:

250x#93
01-29-2005, 10:08 PM
That is an interesting shade of blue:eek2:

Man that had to hurt....i've seen black and blue but man that is pretty interesting turning that color of blue:devil:

cool 300ex
01-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Ouch! Yeah once i smashe dmy finger with a hammer and my whole finger nail fell off it hurt like a *****!

Angus350
01-30-2005, 06:05 AM
you lucky your fingure didnt split and have to have 3 stiches without any numbing stuff :grr:
It's still deeformed:(

JR3
01-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Yea ive done that before. I was like aaahhh u no good rotten................ and the nail fell off which was gross as hell. My sister at college said they were in a friends dorm room and the girl closed the door and some how her finger was in there and it got cut off a little before the first knucke off. So the girl goes to the hospital and they have to find the piece to give to the hospital.

MOFO
01-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I drilled a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure which helped noticably but it still hurt for quite awhile.

LMAO... this brings back memories of our family get togethers at my grandmothers. I think it was x-mas or thanksgiving, when I was very young...I remember seeing my father holding a drill and drilling my uncles finger. I had NO idea what was going on....all of my uncles and laughed, then explained that it was helping my uncles finger that got smashed.

Honda4trax250x
01-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Okay, a little update.

This is what it looked like when I woke up thismoring. Im thinking of going to the hospital, because it keeps getting worse.

Sorry for the crappy pic, its hard to hold the camera still. If you cant tell from the pic, the whole nail is coming up, under a huge blue mass of something-or-other.

MOFO
01-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
under a huge blue mass of something-or-other.

its called blood. if you go to the hospital, they will drain it.

brian-250
01-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
its called blood. if you go to the hospital, they will drain it.

since when is blood blue?:confused:

hon400ex
01-30-2005, 08:37 AM
If you have to drill it, just take a small bit and twist it back and forth with your fingers. It only takes a couple of minutes and it is much safer than using a drill. It also relieves the pressure and makes it feel better.

JR3
01-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by brian-250

Blue is the real color of your blood while its in your body. The reason why it appers red is because wen it comes out of the body it reacts with air hence the red color. If you look at your veins u can see the blue.

blondie69
01-30-2005, 09:10 AM
It'll just depend how fast your nails grow. Mom slammed her index finger in the truck door back in october and the nail just came off the other week. So enjoy the bruised up finger, cuz you'll be seeing it for a few months:eek2:

Oh and the blue blood thing...yeh, that's what color blood is while its in your body (every why your veins are greeny bluey purpley?), when it's exposed to oxygen it turns red. Something dealing with the red blood cells..I can't remember now.

MOFO
01-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by brian-250

stay in school and learn about the human body... or read the reply above...

chucked
01-30-2005, 09:44 AM
i burned off the top of my pinky tuesday

2001-400ex'er
01-30-2005, 09:50 AM
:eek: man thats gross. My brother slammed his truck door on one of his fingers and it did the exact same thing. He took a pin and make a whole in the middle of the nail. It was really gross so one day 2 of his friends held him down and ripped it off in front of everyone in his study hall. :D

chucked
01-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by JR3
Blue is the real color of your blood while its in your body. The reason why it appers red is because wen it comes out of the body it reacts with air hence the red color. If you look at your veins u can see the blue.

actually thats not right, its half and half, oxygenated blood is red, de-oxygenated blood is blue, so after ur blood gets oxygen from you lungs it turns red, then once it feeds your muscles and loses its oxygen it turns blue

JTRtrx250r
01-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I smashed my middle finger on the nail, and it hurt worse than my broken wrist, got NO sleep and all I could do was hold it up all night. I had no idea it could inflict that kind of pain :huh its been a few yrs and I still dont have all the feeling back...feels real weird still

Guess Im saying I can relate and know what your feelin':p some extremely painful chit!:ermm:

brian-250
01-30-2005, 04:10 PM
now i feel stupid:p i prolly knew that i just cant remeber it.

Honda4trax250x
01-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Just got back from the hospital.

They decided to shoot me up with antisceptics, and pull my nail off. Under the nail was a bad cut. So they sticthed it up all nice, and then stitched my nail back on to guide the new nail so it grows right. Pretty cool thing to watch, and blooddy too!

Im happy I went though, he said I should have came in yesterday when it happnened.

So now I got a HUGEEE bandage on my finger, and I need to get the stitch holding my fingernail off in about a week, the others will dissolve by themselves.

WhiteBros400ex
01-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Yupp did the sam thing before except my figner was really bad just now starting to heal after about 3 months my nail is almost fully grown back.

TCracin440ex
01-30-2005, 08:50 PM
what a pu$$y if you went to the hospital....ive had my fingers slammed in the tail gate of a truck...all i did was took a saftey pin and heated it up and stuck it thru the nail and that relieves the pressure off the nail...and in a few weeks a new nail grew back

440exnacsracer
01-30-2005, 08:55 PM
thats sucks man, last year, a friend accidentally slammed the door to our camper on my thumb. it took a chunk of meat off and my nail fell off about a week later. chit sucked and look funny:blah:

TCracin440ex
01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
arround here i dont go to the hospital unless 1 of us is concussed or we have broken limbs

Thump_It
01-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
arround here i dont go to the hospital unless 1 of us is concussed or we have broken limbs

well aren't you just a bad*****........:huh

TCracin440ex
01-30-2005, 09:07 PM
nope not a bad ***....just a broke *** lol!!

Thump_It
01-30-2005, 09:12 PM
haha

TCracin440ex
01-30-2005, 09:14 PM
but in all serious ness I HATE doctors and I HATE hospitals so i just dont go...i could be dying of the ebola virus and wont go to the hospital

Dan_Guetter
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I've done the same thing......out of all the bones i've broken, smashing my middle figure is the most painful.....it hurt for about 2 weeks....and finally fell off about a month later.......:eek2:

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 05:43 AM
what a pu$$y if you went to the hospital....ive had my fingers slammed in the tail gate of a truck...all i did was took a saftey pin and heated it up and stuck it thru the nail and that relieves the pressure off the nail...and in a few weeks a new nail grew back

Well my friend, let me tell you something. In the past 6 months I have broken 3 bones. One of them being my sternum. This finger injury, hurt a hell of a lot ore than my sternum. So before you go being Mr High and Mighty remember that I know what pain feels like, and I went to the Hospital because it was the right thing to do. (Obviously if I got stitches I need them)

So stop trying to sound cool. This is an Internet forum, no once cares if you dont ever go to the hsopital.

Oh and btw, you slammed your finger in a tailgate? Try having a tailgate from a fullsize dumptruck fall on your wrist/thumb, then you can talk.

TCracin440ex
01-31-2005, 11:32 AM
oh man your real tough you can lash out at somebody on the net...im just sayin that i didnt go to the hospital when i smashed my finger in the truck tailgate

TCracin440ex
01-31-2005, 11:33 AM
im just sayin that we dont go to the hospital unless its a die emergency...most of the time some old home remedies can take care of any problem you have

Mxjunkie
01-31-2005, 12:04 PM
calm down you two jesus :blah:

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 02:10 PM
...most of the time some old home remedies can take care of any problem you have

sorry, but i dont have the materials or skills to remove a fingernail or give myself stitches

:rolleyes:

TCracin440ex
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
you didnt have to give yourself stitches all you had to do was heat up a saftey pinn tip and put it thru the nail to relieve the pressure off the nail...all a smashed finger nail is blood under the nail and the blood puts pressure on the nail causing it to hurt...

brian-250
01-31-2005, 05:01 PM
use the damn PM button or just shut up!;)

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 06:07 PM
you didnt have to give yourself stitches all you had to do was heat up a saftey pinn tip and put it thru the nail to relieve the pressure off the nail...all a smashed finger nail is blood under the nail and the blood puts pressure on the nail causing it to hurt...

so why didnt they just do that instead of stitching up the cut?

TCracin440ex
01-31-2005, 06:09 PM
oh you cut it when you smashed it i thought all you did was smash the nail...my bad

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 06:12 PM
nahh man i got a bunch of stitches, not sure how many, prob like 6

they are all underneath the nail

TCracin440ex
01-31-2005, 06:16 PM
just keep it clean and dont let it get infected cuz your finger will STINK...if you ever had an ingrown toe nail and that become infected then you will know how your finger will smell if it gets infected

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Yea I have medication to prevent infection.

RideRed250ex
01-31-2005, 08:43 PM
how painfull was the stitches and did it help with the pain? My mom cut her finger off in a dune buggy accident, it rolled and she grabbed the roll cage and chopped off her middle finger.(Pretty funny to see her try to flip someone off in traffic) Why are the dates messed up on the posts? it says its the feb 2, and its really jan 31? all well

Honda4trax250x
01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
The stitches did not hurt at all because I was numbed. After the cut was stitched up and the nail was put back on, a lot of the pressure went away, and made me feel muchhh better. before I went my whole hand/wrist was hurting, thats how much pressure there was.