PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever torn thier pcl?

03400EX_Nacs
01-29-2005, 04:50 PM
i had a wreck like a week and a half ago and ripped my cartlidge and torn my pcl. i surgery yesterday to fix my cartlidge and now i have to have surgery again to fix my pcl :( i have been out of school and will continue to be for awhile doc says i will be out of racing for about 6 months :eek: what i am wanting to know is if anyone else who has torn thiers were out for this long? and were you able to walk and such?

Honda400exrox
01-29-2005, 06:52 PM
my lil bro pulled his sternum off his ribes and coudent move his head or turn his neak for 2 1/2 weeks but he had pain for like 4 weeks after. Hope u get better soon

HtFoxChick
01-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Do you mean ACL??? In the knee or is it somewhere else?

03400EX_Nacs
01-29-2005, 07:52 PM
no i didnt tear my acl its in the front of the knee what i tore it my pcl its the posterior ligament its in the back

sampleez
01-29-2005, 08:07 PM
so i guess your on some king of homebound. i was out of school for like 6 weeks when i broke my wrist, and it was awful. i know it sounds wimpy, but i broke the radius, ulna, the growth plate, and had some nerve damage. i had to have surgery(18 stitches and 7 staples) and had 3 titanium pins put in. the nerve damage occured because a nerve got wrapped around one of the bones and stretched a little. i couldn't move or feel anyting in my left ring and pinky fingers for quite a white.IT SUCKED!!! but after physical therapy, i got all feeling and movement back and it don't bother me at all. so i guess i got kinda lucky. but i got two big scars now, so it's all good!!:devil:

MMS
01-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Im recovering from ACL&PCL surgery right now I've been off work for 6 weeks total so far but might have to go in for more surgery I took a little slip on the Ice and now I think Im back to square one....

03400EX_Nacs
01-30-2005, 11:02 AM
oh crap dude i feel for you so much this sucks enough as it is plus doing it over again dang...... how long did he say it would be before you would walk regular again?