PDA

View Full Version : Update on my tour to Iraq!

RUNMYTA
01-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was doing good! I am finishing my pre-mobe train-up in Camp Shelby,MS right now. I will be leaving here on Feb 7th to Kuwait, then a 1-2 week acclimation then off to the ***** hole of the world. I have some cool pics, but my laptop got knocked off a table and busted the power supply up, so I had to ship it home to be repaired. As soon as I get it back I can down load my pics. Sorry it took so long to yell at my bros and sis's but they have us slammed from dark to dark and we finally got some free time to come to the computer lab. Even after getting off in the late evenings I still have to take care of my Platoons problems. Right now I have 15 soldiers I am responsible for, but will be getting another 10-15 light and mechanized infantry soldiers in the next week.

Take care and I will check back in soon!

SFC Mike Smith
278th ACR/BCT

SCOUTS OUT!

Pappy
01-29-2005, 04:32 PM
god bless ya troop:macho

mike, please send us a paypal addy so we can all send ya a few bucks to blow in baghdad:devil:

seriously, when you get dug in, get a family member or friend to post your mailing address so we can send ya some junk from the states.

be safe, and thank you for the service to our country!

JTRtrx250r
01-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
god bless ya troop:macho

mike,

be safe, and thank you for the service to our country! :cool: :macho ;)

Scott-300ex
01-29-2005, 04:51 PM
awsome your doing good, i've seen some videos of some cool stuff so if you can put some videos on here, that would be bicthin or photos like you said, that'd be cool

good luck, and be carefull

we want to see you back here

put the pics on this thread since now im subscribed to it it will show up in my email so i can see the pictures, lol. whatever

have fun

if you can

later

jdwxv3
01-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all that you do! I have a cousin who is a Calvary Scout going over to Iraq in May. Thanks again to all the troops!

RUNMYTA
01-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all of the support. As soon as I get my laptop back I will post some pics of our training and my guys!

Soon as I get to my permanent duty station and get a snail mail address, I will post it. I have a couple of my younger troops that don't have much of a family and they can use all the friendship you can give. I know this might sound crazy, but just receiving a letter from the states makes you feel like it is christmas.

Mike :macho

300exOH
01-31-2005, 11:31 AM
You've got a tough job over there. Keep up the great work and thanks!

USA:muscle:

zephead400ex
01-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Thank you for all you do and will continue to do for our country!http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/cheers.gif

http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/patriot.gif

250r-250r
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I love you baby!

Jen

TORO1968
02-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks for fighting for our freedom!

God bless, and I hope you make it back soon! :)

-Jordan

JOEX
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
You've got a tough job over there. Keep up the great work and thanks!

USA:muscle:
:macho :)

Pappy
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by RUNMYTA
Thanks for all of the support. As soon as I get my laptop back I will post some pics of our training and my guys!

Soon as I get to my permanent duty station and get a snail mail address, I will post it. I have a couple of my younger troops that don't have much of a family and they can use all the friendship you can give. I know this might sound crazy, but just receiving a letter from the states makes you feel like it is christmas.

Mike :macho

amen....mail call is such a relief!

i will make it my priority to send you guys more junk then you can handle. my dad used to get ...uh **cough cough** with monopoly money in NAM, when ya figure out what works on the iraqi hoe's let me know:devil:

be safe out there boyz:macho

JTRtrx250r
02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
uuuhhh Pap....look up a few posts, Im sure she has enough worries:D But we all knew you meant for everyone else but him;)

Pappy
02-01-2005, 07:43 PM
oh but ofcourse:p

Warrioreater400ex
02-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks for all you do, i have always appreciated yall, even when i was young, but now having just turned 18 and being in college, i have friends that have gone, that and just realizing that yall are doing the job and fighting for this nations freedoms so that we dont have to! but yeah im sure abuncha guys one EXRIDERS would send ya a whole buncha junk to have fun with in Iraq! GOD BLESS!! :macho

d-unitracing157
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks for protecting us man!!!!!!!God Bless you

LiveToRide1930
02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
**** them iraq ppl....god damn i hate them,and i think we should nuc the whole place with a big *** bomb....put a riding track up and some parking lots...but THANKS FOR PRETECTING THE USA....god bless you and KILL ONE OF THEM *****S FOR ME

RideRed250ex
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LiveToRide1930
**** them iraq ppl....god damn i hate them,and i think we should nuc the whole place with a big *** bomb....put a riding track up and some parking lots...but THANKS FOR PRETECTING THE USA....god bless you and KILL ONE OF THEM *****S FOR ME

And spark World War 3! :eek2:

Runnin Dumb
02-03-2005, 05:44 AM
God speed Son. Been there, done that, lucky enough not to have gone back. The mail really does suck. I never wrote a single letter over there, I was able to get on a computer at work which let me talk to the wife and kids. Hopefully you can do the same. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your troops.

God bless and watch over ya!!!!!
The RD

jlhughes750
02-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank You for doing what so many Americans take for granted!!!

My brother will be heading back over in August for the 3rd time.. he is also a vet of the Gulf War... He's been in the Marines for 20years and will be stationed at an airbase this time around...
Unfortunatley for our family my Bro is a very intellegent person and very wise to the ways of the Corp... He'll be in charge of a basiacally repairing and maintaining the entire motorized fleet for the Marine Corp... I hoped with his time in and his experience that he would have been looked over and left home with his wife and daughter, but I guess our country needs him more right now....?......regardless of my own opinions about Bush and the entire war on Iraq... we have to support each and everyone of our brothers,sister, sons and daughters that are risking there own lives for something they may not fully understand!!!

Be safe!! I'll keep u in my prayers!!

RUNMYTA
02-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Finally got my laptop back and here are some few pics for now.
Here is my lovely decorated bunk (bed)
http://img240.exs.cx/img240/3971/10000394yv.jpg

RUNMYTA
02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Here is the enlisted barracks. Real close quaters. They are 50 beds and 48 troops in these barracks. No privacy!
http://img215.exs.cx/img215/5508/10000404hf.jpg

RUNMYTA
02-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Typical Joes on their down time. These are some of my troops playing cards. It is amazing what simple things that we take for granted everyday at home will make life so much more bearable while in this type of living situation. Starting with the big guy with tattoos going clockwise, (OX) SPC Hensley 13B Cannoneer, (Baby Pimp) PFC Tham 19D Cav Scout, (Flash) SPC Simerly 11M Mechanized Infantry,(Stoner) PFC Tyler 19D Cav Scout (Doc) SPC Duncan 91W Medichttp://img208.exs.cx/img208/4223/10000460yj.jpg

crookedeyemoto-x
02-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Take care of yourself over there sergeant. I am currently with the 269th military police company out of murfreesboro, Tennessee who spent 18 months in Iraq. Good luck, and come home safe. We leave for Italy 7April2005 then on to Bulgaria.

hessianmx111
06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
I just watched something on Tv about the war and soldiers coming home and I remembered this guy, has anybody heard from him or know if he has a mail address for over there yet?

Pappy
06-30-2005, 09:09 PM
not a peep other then when he posts from time to time

id still like to have an addy so i can send them some goodies!