PDA

View Full Version : Stock 400EX Frame Paint

NVR2L8
04-29-2002, 08:13 PM
A while ago someone posted a source for spray paint that matched the color of the stock 400EX frame, but I can't find it after searching thru the forums. I know after contacting my dealer that he can get me touch-up paint...the kind in the little bottles with the small brush...but he doesn't show a listing for spray paint. Anyhow, since I'd like to touch up a few areas where I've taken a rock hit or two, as well as paint the bottom of my frame, does anyone know where I can find matching spray paint?

Deathbringer
04-30-2002, 01:55 PM
I would get the touch up paint. Then you could hit the little spots. Then take a make a blob on a board or something and take it to a repair or car shop or something like that and have them do a color match. Around here we have a place called M&M paint.. they can take and color match any paint, then they put it into a pump looking bottle under presure and it acts like a spray can. So you can kinda get the idea, just call around.

MR.EX-TREME
04-30-2002, 02:47 PM
dupli-clor high heat 500degree engine paint (#de1650 cast coat aluminum) is exactly the same color as the motor ,side covers and makes touchup of them almost invisable ,but the frame is a hard one it has that bluish darker gray color to it ,i havent found an exact match to it yet.... but try the dupli-color for scraches you might have on you side covers it works great!:devil

400exRacerX
04-30-2002, 02:57 PM
Powdercoat it your own custom color!

Smoker
04-30-2002, 03:24 PM
Legacy atv $150 to powdercoat your frame. I believe you have to prep it though. :p

twisted threads
05-01-2002, 04:23 AM
That frame looks sweat! When I had my motor out this last winter I should have painted it or had It powdercoated.:( O well next winter project!:D