PDA

View Full Version : wont start

woodsracr940
01-29-2005, 12:58 PM
ok , guys i need some help big time now !, i jus finshed building my bike an everythin but now i got a big prob. It will start in neutral perfectly fine, but then when u try to start it in gear it will not do anytthing at all. I had tried to think of everythin , an i am totally out of ideas anyidea will help, i cant think of anyhtin else... THanks alot to anyone that can help me out !!!!!!!!!!!1

SRH
01-29-2005, 01:07 PM
did you unhook the switch on the clutch lever that tells the quad when its engaged? otherwise it wont start...i dont think so anyway

the yazer
01-29-2005, 02:48 PM
first problem its a yamaha. second try the clutch switch like he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jshtex
01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
For it to start in gear, the clutch switch has to be "closed". I just, a couple of hours ago, replaced the stock perch on ours and I removed the switch and tested its operation with a meter. You can disconect the clutch switch wires under the front plastic and then conect the two wires in the harness together to bypass it. But remember if you remove it and hit the starter in gear, it will jump.

Good luck.

woodsracr940
01-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Alright guys i figured it out, and all it was one of the bullet connectors alll the way back next 2 the battery, some how i didnt plug it back in, when i put all back on an now i feel pretty stupid, after spending a lot of time, messing with the clutch switch like u guys where sayin, so its all good now, an now i'm ready for texas. thanks anyways guys