PDA

View Full Version : JRD Walsh Etc???

bullet
01-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Who's the best JRD or Walsh or Etc??

Blasta400ex
01-29-2005, 08:10 AM
umm...i would go with JRD...just cause there in New JErsey..hah but walsh is very good stuff to...but why is this in parts for sale..

416exmx
01-29-2005, 08:12 AM
How much are you asking???

sorry i had to. Walsh IMO. Laegers is good also.

QuadRacer041
01-29-2005, 08:33 AM
o my god, i dont enen think jrd is in the same league as walsh, walsh hands down by a mile.
to buy something just because the company is in the same state really isnt too smart to me.:rolleyes:

woodside83
01-29-2005, 08:36 AM
BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bullet
01-29-2005, 08:42 AM
made a boo boo poste din the wrong area

Sorry

doc-bones
01-29-2005, 09:44 AM
No question. WALSH!!!!

schiavo250r
01-29-2005, 01:41 PM
I live in CT SO I pick Walsh. Thats funny right Lou. For real though No contest WALSH

syckNtwisted121
01-29-2005, 10:53 PM
if you ride anything Walsh you would never ride anything else again.

QuadRacer041
01-30-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by syckNtwisted121
if you ride anything Walsh you would never ride anything else again.

tru dat tru dat

JRDrider22
01-30-2005, 06:58 AM
it all depends on who you like the best and how good yout think their service is...let not get in an agruement. i like jrd and i like walsh. they both have outstanding parts.

blasterkid
01-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
o my god, i dont enen think jrd is in the same league as walsh, walsh hands down by a mile.
to buy something just because the company is in the same state really isnt too smart to me.:rolleyes:

why do u have such a problem with jrd there company isnt as bad as u say they are

QuadRacer041
01-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by blasterkid
why do u have such a problem with jrd there company isnt as bad as u say they are

well first of all i never said they are bad i just say they arent even in the same league as walsh.
second i just really dislike the fact that all they did to make there a arms was buy a set of rolls and clone them.
ive posted about this before, i remember going to there web site a few years ago and just checking it out. there was a set of rolls in a box on the ground right were they were making there roll look a like's.
you can try to defend it all you want but they are identical.
now they are a great value for the money but....walsh they are not.

schiavo250r
01-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Well put Lou, I saw the Roll Design in the box myself right under the Jig. LOL Walsh Are The Best

beerock
01-30-2005, 04:55 PM
yes i asked the owner form jrd about becoming a dealer and he had a snotty held his nose remark about how only one company can sell them.

HERE IS THE PIC

im not sur eont his bu i think jrd moved the shock mountpoint so roll didnt sue them but im not sure. second, moving the shock mount is not a good idea because there are specific points the geom needs for the shock to perform right and ive heard of the shocks shaft bending on jrd's hmm i wonder why?

syckNtwisted121
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
The main thing that makes Walsh Race Craft so great is their innovation. Most companies (roll, laegers,JRD...take your pick) make a good product and thats it, they dont improve on it. How long has the Roll lobo 2 front end been around ? The pro-trax front end ? Walsh is ALWAYS improving and innovating. Another thing, if any of you have had the pleasure to talk to Mike, Nate or even daddy Walsh, it doesnt matter if you are local novice guy or top 5 pro, they give you the same respect and the same attention. My father and myself have been fabricating and working metal our whole lives, and you take one look at a walsh chassis you can tell it is superior. the same goes for their a-arms, swing-arms, stem...you name it. Everyone can btich about them being expensive, but my take on that is, you only have to buy it once !! it just lasts forever. If you ever do have a problem, just call them up and they will do everything they can to take care of it. Every other company I have dealt with just gets impatient with you and makes excuses and says "well these are racing parts, we cant guaratee anything" I bought a used walsh R off a pro rider and the thing was like brand new, put a season and a half on it and it was still like brand new, I think I changed the swing-arm bearings once !!! that was it.....this post has gone on long enough.....until you ride Walsh you cant comment.

QuadRacer041
01-30-2005, 06:03 PM
yea thats true, i know they have updated there swingarms 2-3 times in the past few years and they have changed there a arms twice as well.once you ride the walsh you will never want anything but.

blasterkid
01-30-2005, 07:31 PM
im not trying to put down walsh or anything because truthfully i would love to run there stuff just dont have the money really and also joe at jrd has been a hell of a guy to me so i cant compalin but i dont wana bring jrd into this so now if u say walsh is updating all the time and ur paying so much oney for tehre products well when they come out withsomething new the stuff u bought is old news and sort of "out dated". also most mx racers changed there products every season becuse of the cnahge in bikes and what not im not trying to start and arguemnt iv seen walsh stuff amazing work but why spend so much on something that ur gona change any way

spinout
01-31-2005, 01:05 AM
jrd by far,if interested i have a no link jrd swingarm for a stock or aftermarket frame.brand new pivot works bearing and cap kit along with a new swingarm mounting bolt.435.00 shipped or 425.00 picked up.very heavy duty and a jrd +2 high and -1 to +2 foward adjusteble hammertoned steering stem.210.00 shipped or 200.00 picked up/email rcs110@comcast.net for pics

racerx573
01-31-2005, 01:57 AM
The Laeger Pro Trax front end has been around since about 1991 and I can tell you for a fact the front end then is not the same front end they sell now. It has undergone numerous improvments as far as the spindles and bracing, etc. The Roll front end has been changed over the years as well. Everything has room for improvement, but not all need complete overhauls. Just tweaked every now and then. WRC has some of the finest products available, and it is probly the only other chassis component I would run 2nd to my Laeger's.

QuadRacer041
01-31-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by blasterkid
im not trying to put down walsh or anything because truthfully i would love to run there stuff just dont have the money really and also joe at jrd has been a hell of a guy to me so i cant compalin but i dont wana bring jrd into this so now if u say walsh is updating all the time and ur paying so much oney for tehre products well when they come out withsomething new the stuff u bought is old news and sort of "out dated". also most mx racers changed there products every season becuse of the cnahge in bikes and what not im not trying to start and arguemnt iv seen walsh stuff amazing work but why spend so much on something that ur gona change any way

the reason people buy all new stuff every year is because of the stupid pro production rule.before aftermarket chassis would last countless season's, now because everyone uses the stock frames(total junk) they have to buy new bikes every year. and because they can get a little more money if you see a bike that says joe byrds'04 race bike for sale with new this fresh that ...they sell them complete and buy new.go ask doug gust how many years he ran his walsh suzuki and tim farr how many years he ran his laeger crf and yzf.
yea thats what i thought

syckNtwisted121
01-31-2005, 09:59 AM
I am just curious who that is posting in the thread has run Walsh components ? I know Q-racer041 has/is . I have had a Laegers pro-trax R with a CR link swingarm, a lonestar baja chassis with a lobo II front end and a LSR no link swingarm, I had an arens R with a merrell front end and that same No link. I would change the swing-arm bearing in all these bikes almsot monthly, depending on how often I rode, both the laegers and LSR chassis developed cracks, so did both swing-arms. I do admit that I didnt have any problems what so ever with the pro-trax front end, with the lobo 2, I had the lower spherical bearings get stuck on a few occasions. I put more seat time no my walsh, and got it with 2 seasons on it, the other's were new or had a half dozen races on them. All I did with my walsh in a season and a half of riding it was clean it. You can just feel how stiff and solid the chassis is while you ride it, there is next to no flex in the chassis. I never used a stabilizer on that bike either. i am not saying that Walsh is the only product that is good, I am saying that someone has to have the best overall product and someone has to have the best overall service, Walsh Race Craft just happens to have both !!

beerock
01-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by syckNtwisted121
I am just curious who that is posting in the thread has run Walsh components ? I know Q-racer041 has/is . I have had a Laegers pro-trax R with a CR link swingarm, a lonestar baja chassis with a lobo II front end and a LSR no link swingarm, I had an arens R with a merrell front end and that same No link. I would change the swing-arm bearing in all these bikes almsot monthly, depending on how often I rode, both the laegers and LSR chassis developed cracks, so did both swing-arms. I do admit that I didnt have any problems what so ever with the pro-trax front end, with the lobo 2, I had the lower spherical bearings get stuck on a few occasions. I put more seat time no my walsh, and got it with 2 seasons on it, the other's were new or had a half dozen races on them. All I did with my walsh in a season and a half of riding it was clean it. You can just feel how stiff and solid the chassis is while you ride it, there is next to no flex in the chassis. I never used a stabilizer on that bike either. i am not saying that Walsh is the only product that is good, I am saying that someone has to have the best overall product and someone has to have the best overall service, Walsh Race Craft just happens to have both !!

I built a brand new walsh for my buddy and have ridden a couple as well. NO STABILIZER either!!!

pic: my laeger my buds wlash

QuadRacer041
01-31-2005, 06:34 PM
when i bought my r it had one on it but i took it off and always rode with out one, no need for it

racerx573
01-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Pro Traxes are crazy without stabilizers. They steer so fast, it's necessary. (JJ ran 2... but simply because "when you're going that fast you don't want the bars gettin jerked out of your hands")

I run a lot of negative camber which contributes to the twitchiness, so I need one badly. I ran my friend's Walsh C-dale & it didn't need one at all.

01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
At southwick nationals last year, I was just spectating, but Mrs. Walsh invited me behind their trailer to sit down and talk about Mike. They are VERY nice and hospitable people.