PDA

View Full Version : Balck box or Rev limiter worth the money for mx racing or not????

400exBro
04-29-2002, 07:22 PM
Recently i talked to a fellow racer that runs a 440 big bore kit and said that the best thing he ever bought(besides his shocks) was a WB rev limiter, he says on the track it will pull a lot farther than the stock one. he always would hit the dang limiter and got mad and decided to get the wb rev limiter after trying it out he loved it and said it was worth the 100$ .
Now from past experince on the exriders family i have heard bad things about this little box, other than cold starting( which he said too, if the engine is cold it is a hard starter) what disadvantages are there agianst these????
What advantages are there other than a extra 1000 rpms????
I am really looking into this right now and probably going to buy one so i need if this thread becomes worse it will not happen..
This sounds like a great investment, so help out soon before i go on a buying streek???
:huh :grr :D :confused:
Bro

BigGun400EX
04-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I'd say mine was worth tha money. I like being able to rev it out longer. I havn't really noticed any change in the starting and I've had it on there about a year. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

PDunes300ex
04-29-2002, 07:36 PM
It will make a big difference if you have a built motor that will pull in the extra 1000 RPM. A stock engine is designed so that it makes peak HP before it hits the rev limiter. A rev limiter on a relatively stock quad (no bore kit) will do little except make it easier to detonate your engine. Get it if you have a bored motor...Don't get it if you have no engine work.

400exBro
04-30-2002, 03:33 PM
so what do you ppl say i know Rico had one, and some others.
Also has anyone tried the fmf cdi box where you can chose between torque and speed or sumthing along those line, wouldn't that do the same thing?????
come on people i need some help
Bro

trx400ex
04-30-2002, 03:53 PM
no dont get it,, and i think the fmfs AOF thing is just for the banshee

400exBro
04-30-2002, 04:54 PM
no i think you can get the AOF thingy for the 400ex, it looks like it would work but i don't want to spend all that money if no one has tryed it.????
Also what about the msd rev box i have heard good things about them, any one run it???
Thanks
Bro

05-01-2002, 05:27 PM
go with the box. if you have trouble starting up the pilot jet from 38 to 42. that will solve your problems

nakomis0
05-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Ya i think that FMF thing is mainly just a gimick that costs more. I like my WB box, its definately more for built motors.

..."other than cold starting( which he said too, if the engine is cold it is a hard starter) " ....

Its not because the engine is cold. Its because the battery is cold.